Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 25, 2017, 7:35 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ChrisFlyer66
This is the thread for 2017. The previous discussion on this topic can be found here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manuf...thread-77.html
The thread for 2018 is here: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending/1886480-giftcardmall-master-thread-2018-a.html

What portal is currently offering the highest payout for GCM?
Check cashbackmonitor and cashbackholic for current payouts. Be sure to review the T&C for GCM at each portal as some offer lower payouts for Visa GCs.

Amex gift cards cannot be used to buy Visa gift cards

VGC issued by metabank. Cards come activated.

-------------------------

Monthly Limit is 15K per GCM account for a revolving 30 days. Once you hit 15K, GCM will display a message on the screen letting you know you hit the limit.

Start out slow 1k and then another 1k - they will call to verify the card, and shipping address. Next order they will not call. Orders under 2k have free shipping.

If you get this error:

This transaction was not completed. The transaction was not submitted correctly, or has been declined by your card issuer. You can try again with a different card or review your payment information for any necessary corrections.

- A Few people report it is blocked for the day, try again the next day. MOST ppl report being permanently blocked. Or you entered a wrong 3-digit security number.
GCM recommends using the Chrome or Firefox browsers. Be sure you are not using an ad blocker and not disabling any cookie settings (3rd party, tracking, etc.) from the default or you may get this error.

Direct support Numbers is 877.426.2551

Warning: Orders can be lost or stolen. Call to have the cards reissued or canceled. Orders usually arrive in 5-10 days.

Check your cc for pending or posted payments and call about your order if you are concerned it is taking a long time for delivery. Sometimes GCM was taking up to 2 weeks for delivery.
Print Wikipost

GiftCardMall Master Thread(2017)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 30, 2017, 8:29 pm

Programs: DL, Marriott & IHG Platty; HH Diamonte
I can't get any browser to work. Get to the final button and it won't click. uggggg
Edit: This is defintely not GCM, its java thing or something. Whenever the final button doesn't work, it always says a simple 'javaclick.." when you hover over the 'complete purchase'.

Last edited by pharmawalk; Sep 30, 2017 at 8:43 pm
Old Sep 30, 2017, 9:12 pm

I clicked "Order" today, and was redirected to the start page. The order cart still contained my items. Went through the checkout the 2nd time, then got the expected result.
Old Sep 30, 2017, 11:25 pm

Today, Chrome didn't work, no luck with Firefox, all good with Safari
Old Oct 1, 2017, 10:42 am

another order placed minutes ago via FF browser where I paid shipping went through. my last order on the 25th was delivered yesterday, that was quick!
Old Oct 1, 2017, 11:21 am

Originally Posted by brody24
I assumed that, if the address is the exact same, it would somehow know its a separate account. So long as its different username, different email, different CC, and same address, it treats it as a totally distinct account?

That worked for me for about two months, then all orders started being cancelled. The purchase would be completed, but then the status would go from pending to cancelled, as if somebody was reviewing the order. I sent an e-mail to support asking what's going on and never got an answer. Since the AU living at the same address can't speak good English (to put it one way), there's no point of calling them, so I just let it go. But yes, separate accounts, CC's, names, etc., with the address being the only commonality.

Now I'm wondering what the heck is going on with the "complete purchase" button. Always worked, tried Edge, Chrome, IE, no luck.

UPDATE: Installed Firefox, order went through. Wondering if Microsoft pushed one of their security updates to home user PC's that turned off some security settings for Edge and IE which makes GM ordering impossible for me at this point with those browsers.

Last edited by DjRocket; Oct 1, 2017 at 3:38 pm Reason: update
Old Oct 1, 2017, 9:10 pm

Programs: DL, Marriott & IHG Platty; HH Diamonte
I'm dreading installing more crap on my computer.

Edit: Yeah FF didn't work either. Something weird with java.

Last edited by pharmawalk; Oct 1, 2017 at 9:33 pm
Old Oct 1, 2017, 9:49 pm

Programs: w/+1: AS MVPG; IHG/Marriott Plat; Hilton/BW Diamond; Hertz Prez; SG Silver
I had the button problem, too. Called support who said I was the first to complain and should try FF. Instead, I reviewed my gift card note where I typed "xxx". Changed it to "xxx xxx" and it went through. Coincidence?
Old Oct 2, 2017, 11:33 am

My orders were rejected the whole week, until this browser change:
FF upgraded to the latest version, including flash, and all security add-ons (No-Script, ABP, uBlock, etc) completely disabled. Creating add-on exceptions for GCM is no longer enough -- apparently they started running our data through some 3d party vendors.
Old Oct 2, 2017, 11:45 am

All my orders went through today using a different computer and good ol' Internet Explorer...
Old Oct 2, 2017, 1:01 pm

Programs: Delta, AA, BA, United, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Diamond, SPG Marriott Gold, Sixt Platinum
Went thru

I'm on the road this week. My order just went thru on my iPad.
Old Oct 2, 2017, 2:02 pm

Created a new account with new name, new email address, and new CC. Address/shipping info is same as regular account. Put in large order of $5k as first purchase. Has been at pending since Sat. At least it wasn't auto-cancelled within an hour. Will see if it gets processed.

EDIT: Order just went to "processed". Actually kind of surprised it went through.

Last edited by brody24; Oct 2, 2017 at 8:46 pm
Old Oct 3, 2017, 12:23 am

Hey - I just started on giftcardmall and I'm curious... They mention in the confirmation email that they will email me again once the order has shipped. It's several days past the "estimated shipping day" and still no email.

Is this normal for you guys to receive an email of the shipment, and then it's 5-10 business days from the day you get the shipping email? Or do they not really email when it ships?
Old Oct 3, 2017, 5:11 am

Does gcm take discover?
Old Oct 3, 2017, 6:13 am

Originally Posted by Java Cool Dude
All my orders went through today using a different computer and good ol' Internet Explorer...
Yay! good for you

Originally Posted by pancakeman27
Hey - I just started on giftcardmall and I'm curious... They mention in the confirmation email that they will email me again once the order has shipped. It's several days past the "estimated shipping day" and still no email.

Is this normal for you guys to receive an email of the shipment, and then it's 5-10 business days from the day you get the shipping email? Or do they not really email when it ships?
No, that's not normal. I receive confirmation email immediately (whether free or paid shipping) after I place an order and the estimated shipment date is there on the right upper corner. When you place an order, did you see your order #? if you did, I suggest you call them to find out the status of shipment. BUT if you don't have an order # and no confirmation email, chances are it didn't go through. Find out now.

For huge orders $5K to $7.5K, I've noticed quicker shipment (priority envies have a 2 day priority sticker) since last month which is a great improvement. The ones with free shipping just takes a week now, not 10 days as it was in the past.

Originally Posted by breauxdle
Does gcm take discover?
No; GCcom does.
breauxdle likes this.
Old Oct 3, 2017, 6:37 am

Any order from Sep 21 with free shipping?

I haven't received it, but have received my order from Sep 25.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.