Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 2, 2017, 9:18 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Travelz
This is a new thread for 2017. The previous discussion can be found here.

READ the posts in this thread before asking questions. Many have already been answered.

10k per day limit including fees - must fill out a form (use cards as a budget tool or whatever you want to put)
Check the Simon website for locations.
VGC issued by meta for 3.95 - Count your cards before you leave the mall
When ordering online, Simon uses GCM.
Print Wikipost

Simon Mall Gift Cards(2017-2018)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 24, 2017, 4:13 pm

I'm just getting a straight decline at Walmart. I'm in the Los Angeles area. It's pre-authorizing but returning the $500. I've tried over several days and I'm still getting a decline at the customer service register. Usually, I go back the next day and it clears up and goes through but not this time.
Old Oct 24, 2017, 4:24 pm

Programs: Citi AAdvantage
Are you entering the last 4 digits of the card as PIN ?
Old Oct 24, 2017, 7:46 pm

Originally Posted by rrayon
Are you entering the last 4 digits of the card as PIN ?
Yeap. I've been using them to load my BlueBird for 2 years so it's not like I don't know how the cards work.
Old Oct 24, 2017, 10:03 pm

Originally Posted by trunksy
I'm just getting a straight decline at Walmart. I'm in the Los Angeles area. It's pre-authorizing but returning the $500. I've tried over several days and I'm still getting a decline at the customer service register. Usually, I go back the next day and it clears up and goes through but not this time.
What error code are you getting?
Old Oct 25, 2017, 7:17 am

Yeap. I've been using them to load my BlueBird for 2 years so it's not like I don't know how the cards work.
Sounds like a bluebird shutdown. Try loading cash.
Old Oct 25, 2017, 7:22 am

This is the Simon thread. Please take the use of these cards to other threads.
Old Oct 25, 2017, 7:17 pm

Originally Posted by randomdude
What error code are you getting?
This is what's printing from the Walmart register is attached below as "image-20171024_200939-resized.png". I don't have enough posts to embed images into the post, apparently.

When I go to the Simon Gift Card Balance website, it shows that Visa is approving the transaction but Walmart is immediately reversing the charge. As previously mentioned, I only have permissions to attach the picture below as "Screenshot_20171024-200444_resized.png".

It may be that Walmart is finally blocking Simon/GCM. I just wanted to verify if anyone is still loading on Bluebird with Simon gift cards and experiencing the same thing.

@danpeake Sorry, I should have clarified that I'm trying to load Simon gift cards and not other gift cards onto my Bluebird.
Attached Images   
Old Oct 25, 2017, 7:54 pm

This is what's printing from the Walmart register is attached below as "image-20171024_200939-resized.png". I don't have enough posts to embed images into the post, apparently.

When I go to the Simon Gift Card Balance website, it shows that Visa is approving the transaction but Walmart is immediately reversing the charge. As previously mentioned, I only have permissions to attach the picture below as "Screenshot_20171024-200444_resized.png".

It may be that Walmart is finally blocking Simon/GCM. I just wanted to verify if anyone is still loading on Bluebird with Simon gift cards and experiencing the same thing.

@danpeake Sorry, I should have clarified that I'm trying to load Simon gift cards and not other gift cards onto my Bluebird.
There was another wave of shutdown of the birds too...
Old Oct 25, 2017, 8:13 pm

Could there be a problem with B.B. system being down?
Old Oct 26, 2017, 4:00 am

Originally Posted by YoungBubbie
Could there be a problem with B.B. system being down?
Possibly, but it's most likely a shutdown.

True test is to load with a debit online and use VGC for MO
Old Oct 26, 2017, 7:52 am

Check with BB and see if your card was shutdown. There was a wave of shutdowns in the past few days.

You can always load a few dollars from your "real" bank debit card and see if that works.
Old Oct 26, 2017, 12:47 pm

Originally Posted by thedealkiller
Sounds like a bluebird shutdown. Try loading cash.
You were spot on. I searched the email for that account to verify that I didn't get a shutdown notification but when I tried another BlueBird card, it works just fine. Boo. They're not even bothering with notifying you anymore via email.
Old Oct 26, 2017, 3:02 pm

I just got the email from BLUEBIRD last night. Great! --- Now back to MO's.... yuck!
Old Oct 26, 2017, 3:05 pm

OMG!! how are you able to load pics to your threat? ---
Old Oct 31, 2017, 6:19 pm

Programs: Alaska, Shell VC, Wyndham VC, Starwood, RCI, II--I bought it on eBay!
I am so surprised anyone can do Bluebird anymore. I thought it was a done deal.

Our local WM was balking at our money order purchases with Simon. We just went to three others, who were fine with it.

We don't have Simon Mall near our house, so I started buying the $500 cards online. Easy breezy.

Is Amex shutting people down for MS? That is a rumor on Timeshare Users' Group, but it could be a bitter person who is jealous of others' MS.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.