Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 2, 2017, 9:18 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Travelz
This is a new thread for 2017. The previous discussion can be found here.

READ the posts in this thread before asking questions. Many have already been answered.

10k per day limit including fees - must fill out a form (use cards as a budget tool or whatever you want to put)
Check the Simon website for locations.
VGC issued by meta for 3.95 - Count your cards before you leave the mall
When ordering online, Simon uses GCM.
Print Wikipost

Simon Mall Gift Cards(2017-2018)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 22, 2017, 10:19 am

Originally Posted by littlewinglet
Anyone else having issues with these today? Tried to use them at WM and a local grocery store, about 3 out of 4 failed with a timeout error, a few did go through so I was able to pay for one round of MOs.

Btw, the failure was from cards across batches from last few days, so it must be a communication error with the vendor/bank.

Update: I checked the card balances on those that filed and they're not even found as valid cards, the same happened for ones that went through for sure. Must be a computer failure on their end.
same issue. Can't check balanceonline and phone system down as well
Old Jul 22, 2017, 11:00 am

Issues with giftcards.com gc's today as well. Aren't these cards all though Blackhawk? Maybe they are having network issues today.
Old Jul 22, 2017, 12:28 pm

Programs: All of them
Originally Posted by billybobson1402
Issues with giftcards.com gc's today as well. Aren't these cards all though Blackhawk? Maybe they are having network issues today.
sounds like it! They probably wouldn't even work as credit.
Old Jul 22, 2017, 12:58 pm

Programs: Citi AAdvantage
Yup. I think that's the problem. Lets keep our fingers crossed.
Old Jul 22, 2017, 1:02 pm

Originally Posted by rrayon
Yup. I think that's the problem. Lets keep our fingers crossed.
Fingers crossed for what? Obviously they can't decide overnight to shutdown/close all loaded debit cards... Will be back shorty, this happens.
Old Jul 22, 2017, 1:03 pm

usually surprises show up this way... that's what I mean.
Old Jul 22, 2017, 1:18 pm

Originally Posted by Amex For Children Of Africa
Fingers crossed for what? Obviously they can't decide overnight to shutdown/close all loaded debit cards... Will be back shorty, this happens.
A few of the cards worked fine. The fact that they don't even show up as valid on their website (even ones that worked at WM) indicates a big IT fail on their end.
Old Jul 22, 2017, 1:20 pm

I'd worry if that is the case. $$$$ thousands of dollars missing on a blink of an eye. Wow! It's like a Sci-Fi movie.
Old Jul 22, 2017, 1:48 pm

The website is at least working now, and all amounts show correctly. I'll try to dump a few cards tonight.
Old Jul 22, 2017, 2:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by littlewinglet
A few of the cards worked fine. The fact that they don't even show up as valid on their website (even ones that worked at WM) indicates a big IT fail on their end.
Exactly. The servers that store the information were not be able to communicate.

I'd worry if that is the case. $$$$ thousands of dollars missing on a blink of an eye. Wow! It's like a Sci-Fi movie.
Worry on what?!

Chase whole system was down for extended hours, actually over a day last year.

Just last week Wells Fargo system both online AND in the branch went down intermittently for multiple days last week.

So in your mind all the money in these banks system are missing on a blink of an eye, just because some system failure causing total failure of communication? Seriously?

May be reading this would help you gain some knowledge.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blackh...twork_Holdings

https://finance.yahoo.com/quote/HAWK/holders?p=HAWK

Note FMR owns 11% and Vanguard owns 8%, with Blackrock followed with 6% ownership of the company which is 88.8% owned by institution investors.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/edite...072149664.html

Last edited by Happy; Jul 22, 2017 at 2:19 pm
Old Jul 22, 2017, 3:14 pm

Programs: AA EXP OWE, DL DM ST+, AS MVPG, UA, BA, WN CP, Hyatt E, Ritz Plat, HH GM
I don't think it's a matter of losing money, more of losing an avenue of ms
Old Jul 22, 2017, 3:26 pm

Exactly! --- Thank god someone understands what I was trying to say... Geee Whiz!!

I'll check on GCM.com to see if it's up an running again.
Old Jul 22, 2017, 3:35 pm

I just checked and all is running fine. I fixed the problem, and we are good to go.
Old Jul 22, 2017, 3:38 pm

I just checked and all is running fine. I fixed the problem, and we are good to go.
jokes aside are you saying the website is up, or are you saying you've liquitaed cards in the past 2 hours? or both?
Old Jul 22, 2017, 4:12 pm

just liquidated and no issues here.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.