Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Funding new bank/cu accounts with cc on initial deposit?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 7, 2016, 2:23 pm
Original Poster

I did this recently and just discovered that Chase has deleted the transaction from my monthly activity. It was initially coded as a "sale" and has since disappeared, along with the transfer from the same cu back to my card. Has anyone experienced this before? Is it a waste of time/effort? I genuinely needed to fund the account (wasn't pure MS) but I was hoping to move closer to the min. spend requirement. Strangely, Chase hasn't done this with the CSP. I'm using Ink and the sale was deemed "financial". I wonder if all "financial" coded transactions are subject to this?
Old Jul 7, 2016, 6:35 pm

Sounds like the CU rejected
Old Jul 7, 2016, 7:11 pm
Original Poster

Nope the transfer initially went through and the funds were deposited into the CU. I then linked my CU acct to the card as a payment source and transfered a portion of the funds back to the card. They initially appeared on my posted activity (not pending) as a sale, under the category of 'financial', and as a card payment, but any record of either transaction have since disappeared.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.