Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 21, 2017, 5:06 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: RedSun
Curve card is a "debit" card or "spend" card that you can use at stores and where you can use debit card for purchases. It is not funded by the bank with cash deposit, but funded by a collection of other debit cards and credit cards. You can't withdraw cash from ATM since it is not backed by the bank.

It carries MasterCard logo and can be used anywhere MasterCard is accepted.

Curve Card is offered in the United Kingdom and selected European countries. Not currently available in the US.
Print Wikipost

curve card changes.

Search this Thread

Old May 24, 2016, 8:06 pm

Originally Posted by onemoretrip
I liked the concept of Revolut and ordered a card. But their customer support was a joke because when I called for support on a declined transaction I was asked to leave a voicemail and someone would get back to me in 24 hours. Annoying and embarrassing when I'm standing at a checkout counter trying to buy some groceries with people queuing behind you.
Supercard is no better in that aspect really.
Old May 28, 2016, 8:49 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by mrvincent
I wonder if we will ever see refunds or whether they will for due to this news.
Just checked my bank statement and the Curve refund has already gone in. So my fears have not come to fruition.
Old Jun 1, 2016, 10:52 am

Programs: BA Gold / Hilton Diamond / IHG Diamond Ambassador / Marriot Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by mrvincent
Just checked my bank statement and the Curve refund has already gone in. So my fears have not come to fruition.
Pleased for you. I got the following today....

"Just to add we have encountered a problem with giving refunds to Amex funding cards. The problem should be fixed within 10 working day, hopefully sooner. Once it is done we will process your refund"

I hope this is a genuine hiccup rather than something more sinister.

Should add this was received after I sent back their so called "free" wallet as they have steadfastly refused to refund the full amount without it.
Old Jun 1, 2016, 1:17 pm

Programs: Mucci des canapes, Skywards Gold, BAEC, IC Plat Amb, LH FTV
I received a refund to my Amex card last week but I cancelled the card immediately after the relationship with Amex was 'paused'
Old Jun 4, 2016, 4:48 pm

Following the news with AX, I've cancelled my card.
Old Jun 8, 2016, 4:36 am

Programs: BA Gold, AF/KL Gold, Hilton Gold, Nordic Choice Gold
I cancelled my Curve card on Monday afternoon, the credit is showing on my Amex app this morning (Wednesday).
Old Jun 8, 2016, 4:49 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, ITA Club Executive, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
I've also cancelled!
Old Jun 9, 2016, 8:24 am
rum

Programs: Amex MR, A3, BAEC
I've also cancelled as of today. Have given up hope of them resolving the Amex issue, if there was any chance they would...

Out of curiosity, who has got their refund for the wallet?
Old Jun 10, 2016, 2:53 am

Has anyone actually tried using their Curve card linked to an Amex since they stopped accepting it? My Amex cards are still showing in the app. I've not been able to use it for the last 2 weeks however as I hit my stupid spend limit! So I've not been able to try.
Old Jun 11, 2016, 2:55 am

My Amex cards were taken off. I tried to re link and a message said it was not possible.

I got my £35 worth.

I am currently using the card to collect Virgin points 1 per £1. There are MS ways out there to achieve this. My limit was £5000 a month. If this increases then it will have value for me.
Old Jun 20, 2016, 2:42 pm

Originally Posted by taxloop
My Amex cards were taken off. I tried to re link and a message said it was not possible.

I got my £35 worth.

I am currently using the card to collect Virgin points 1 per £1. There are MS ways out there to achieve this. My limit was £5000 a month. If this increases then it will have value for me.
Apart from the one off offer for spending £1000 in 3 months, I don't really see how using the Curve Card instead of the card directly is beneficial at all as you won't earn any loyalty points as the system doesn't exist and I doubt it will anytime soon.

I think its unlikely for the majority of people to do the £1000 offer for several reasons:
-It seems their whole system is full of bugs, from charging twice when a preauthorisation occurs and having to wait 10 days for a refund,
-Cards constantly being blocked by the issuer
-Ignorant support who don't read your emails properly and send blanket statements out
-Curve requests for verifications and requests for a photo of you posing with your ID (OTT) no bank would ask for this, so why should I provide it for some amateur outfit, don't know who these people think they are!

Seems like a complete failure that instead of refunding everyone and giving them some incentive to use the card thats already been issued at their cost that they have decided to refund people and cancel the cards!

What we have now is a card that barely works (constantly blocked), no key features (amex gone) little support (No phone), moving goalposts constantly (signup features atm limits etc), over the top verification process (requests for you to pose with your ID), the double charges for transactions that have a pre authorisation, nevermind their imaginary loyalty and refer a friend bonus.

Get your refund while you can as the future isn't bright!
Old Jun 21, 2016, 6:20 am

Programs: BA Executive Club Silver
Originally Posted by Tootsy
-Curve requests for verifications and requests for a photo of you posing with your ID (OTT) no bank would ask for this, so why should I provide it for some amateur outfit, don't know who these people think they are!
I've had real banks request that I present myself in branch in person with full documentation and ID to prove my identity - despite accounts having been opened in person. Requesting a photo of the individual with their ID seems a novel (and frankly fairly straightforward) way of dealing with the need to KYC everyone they do business with.
Old Jun 21, 2016, 6:37 am

Programs: Nandos Chillis
Originally Posted by nearlyheadlessian
I've had real banks request that I present myself in branch in person with full documentation and ID to prove my identity - despite accounts having been opened in person. Requesting a photo of the individual with their ID seems a novel (and frankly fairly straightforward) way of dealing with the need to KYC everyone they do business with.
Agreed. It feels invasive and different, but is just their way of doing due dilligence as they have a lot to lose if facilitating fraud, even if inadvertently. I've had other financial institutions ask for video selfies and one even insist on a one way video call with me the one on camera. This kind of thing is simply an occupational hazard for MSers
Old Jun 22, 2016, 11:55 am

Yes fair enough, if the product was worth it I would consider sending them the ID requested but after all the other problems and support clearly ignoring important issues I don't see the point in continuing with the card.

REMINDER tomorrow is the last day to claim a refund!
Old Jun 22, 2016, 1:17 pm

I really wanted this to work, and have struggled to find some (any) use for it since the Amex debacle (not to mention all the other debacles) but unless something miraculous hits before tomorrow, I will be cancelling and just keeping a vague eye on what transpires.

I totally agree with Tootsy that if they had just refunded everyone, but encouraged us to continue to try out the card (oh, and of course allowed us to join their 'Curve Early Adopters Club'... really, who do they think their target market is? financially savvy small business owners or 11 year olds?) then I would have definitely pitched in as an unpaid product tester, and not just been left with a sour taste in the mouth.

ah, well... on to the next big thing

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.