FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - curve card changes.
View Single Post
Old Jun 20, 2016, 2:42 pm
Tootsy

Originally Posted by taxloop
My Amex cards were taken off. I tried to re link and a message said it was not possible.

I got my £35 worth.

I am currently using the card to collect Virgin points 1 per £1. There are MS ways out there to achieve this. My limit was £5000 a month. If this increases then it will have value for me.
Apart from the one off offer for spending £1000 in 3 months, I don't really see how using the Curve Card instead of the card directly is beneficial at all as you won't earn any loyalty points as the system doesn't exist and I doubt it will anytime soon.

I think its unlikely for the majority of people to do the £1000 offer for several reasons:
-It seems their whole system is full of bugs, from charging twice when a preauthorisation occurs and having to wait 10 days for a refund,
-Cards constantly being blocked by the issuer
-Ignorant support who don't read your emails properly and send blanket statements out
-Curve requests for verifications and requests for a photo of you posing with your ID (OTT) no bank would ask for this, so why should I provide it for some amateur outfit, don't know who these people think they are!

Seems like a complete failure that instead of refunding everyone and giving them some incentive to use the card thats already been issued at their cost that they have decided to refund people and cancel the cards!

What we have now is a card that barely works (constantly blocked), no key features (amex gone) little support (No phone), moving goalposts constantly (signup features atm limits etc), over the top verification process (requests for you to pose with your ID), the double charges for transactions that have a pre authorisation, nevermind their imaginary loyalty and refer a friend bonus.

Get your refund while you can as the future isn't bright!