Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Please help with spending $3K in 3 months (my serve accnt was shutdown)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Please help with spending $3K in 3 months (my serve accnt was shutdown)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 8, 2016, 9:58 pm

Originally Posted by Ram Trucks
I had A Plethora of Amex Cards, including Business & Personal SPG. Earned TONS of miles, but their stupid fraud flags, and constant asking for verification documents tired me pretty quickly, and I gave up on them. Last straw was with my Newly Opened Business SPG. Drove 80 miles to WM (Im in the middle of nowhere), and Card flagged after 1 VGC, even though I called them in advance. Called them from store, was informed someone would call me back in 72 Hours. Told them, dont bother...I shut down Each And Every Amex I had (About 9 Cards in total). Out of spite, closed my 1VIP Serve too, because I didnt want anything to do with Amex Corporation at any level (I stick to MO's now). This was about 1 Year Ago. I couldnt deal with their punk ... outsourced unhelpful agents. I've never been Happier since! Now, I hit my Chase Cards, Cappy 1, Discover, Citi, & Others, but I will never do business with Amex again. Me and them don't get along.
In all honesty they were probably glad that you did that. As these guys all hate us msers haha.
Old Apr 8, 2016, 10:11 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Crusading Angel
In all honesty they were probably glad that you did that. As these guys all hate us msers haha.
That's fine. They can have it. I have Plenty of offers and apps in the mail coming in quite often. I can do without the headaches of dealing with Amex. corporation. I have been churning Chase, BOA, & Others for Years without major issue. That Said, I got what I could from Amex. before I cut them loose..... SPG, Delta Gold (Personal & Business), Delta Platinum (Personal, & Business), & Others I can't remember. I have about 250k miles sitting in my Delta account, so something to remember them by, LOL. I only fly domestically to visit family, so will come in handy somewhere.

Actually flying United is more convenient for me anyway, so concentrating efforts in the Chase direction going forward!
Old Apr 8, 2016, 10:17 pm

Programs: Hilton-Diamond Lifetime Platinum AA UA, WN-CP, SPG Gold.
My Serve was shut down...just kidding...

In my world we would just go buy Money Orders,,,

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.