Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Starbucks to offer prepaid Visas

Search this Thread

Old Apr 28, 2016, 8:34 pm

Programs: Northwest, United
Has anyone seen an update on this lately?
Old Apr 28, 2016, 9:13 pm

Cracker Barrel may carry these.
creditcardmarauder likes this.
Old Apr 29, 2016, 7:24 pm

Originally Posted by Alcibiades
Cracker Barrel may carry these.
Oh geez, I forgot about that whole bit.

Do you think Chipotle or Advance Auto Parts might have them too?
Old Apr 29, 2016, 8:02 pm

Originally Posted by mikeyb45
Oh geez, I forgot about that whole bit.

Do you think Chipotle or Advance Auto Parts might have them too?
The Cracker Barrel one is at least somewhat plausible since it's a restaurant that sells other things (like toys, souvenirs, etc.).

The Chipotle thing was always a joke since it never made much sense. As I recall, the idea was that Chipotle gift cards would work as regular debit cards.

I've never heard of the Advance Auto Parts joke. Was it similar to Chipotle?
Old Apr 30, 2016, 11:11 am

Originally Posted by Phantom707
The Cracker Barrel one is at least somewhat plausible since it's a restaurant that sells other things (like toys, souvenirs, etc.).

The Chipotle thing was always a joke since it never made much sense. As I recall, the idea was that Chipotle gift cards would work as regular debit cards.

I've never heard of the Advance Auto Parts joke. Was it similar to Chipotle?
Someone had started a thread that they started carrying Visa Gift Cards at Advance Auto Parts. It didn't last very long and wasn't as clever as the others.
Old Nov 5, 2018, 7:44 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, National Executive Elite
I like how the card is issued by Chase, but it's not possible to load it anywhere. The only funding sources are your Chase checking and savings accounts...
Old Nov 6, 2018, 12:59 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond/IHG Platinum/DL Plutononium
Originally Posted by msp3
I like how the card is issued by Chase, but it's not possible to load it anywhere. The only funding sources are your Chase checking and savings accounts...
I have been able to add a registered VGC to the website (as a payment method), but unable to add any money to the SBUX Debit card.
Old Nov 26, 2018, 5:06 pm

The only way to load is via bank or DC.
Old Mar 20, 2019, 4:02 pm

After not using the prepaid card for months with a $0 balance, Chase actually closed mine! Had no idea this was a thing maybe it's just buried in the T&Cs...
Old May 22, 2020, 1:15 pm

Originally Posted by hi55us
I have been able to add a registered VGC to the website (as a payment method), but unable to add any money to the SBUX Debit card.
Just to be clear, only bank issued debit cards work as a source of funds. Visa, MasterCard and American Express gift cards will not work? What about Bluebird, Serve, Greendot, GoBank and others?
Old May 23, 2020, 10:08 pm

Originally Posted by PoEntre
Just to be clear, only bank issued debit cards work as a source of funds. Visa, MasterCard and American Express gift cards will not work? What about Bluebird, Serve, Greendot, GoBank and others?
Other prepaid cards usually use have a way to ACH out, so I wouldn't try loading to sbux. Visa GC don't work and I've had a real hard time reloading this card with any kind of debit card, even a legit BofA debit card.
Old May 24, 2020, 11:06 pm

It's not worth screwing around with Chase unless you use the card as intended. You will not only have problems with money loaded on the card but will also get a stars clawback: https://milesperday.com/?s=Starbucks+prepaid
Old May 25, 2020, 2:55 pm

Other prepaid cards usually use have a way to ACH out, so I wouldn't try loading to sbux. Visa GC don't work and I've had a real hard time reloading this card with any kind of debit card, even a legit BofA debit card.
It is a shame. This card could of been used for meeting debit card transactions for bank accounts to waive the monthly or get a higher interest rate.

When you wrote you hard a hard time with a legit BOA debit card, did you mean it would sporadically work?
Old May 27, 2020, 8:13 pm

Originally Posted by PoEntre
It is a shame. This card could of been used for meeting debit card transactions for bank accounts to waive the monthly or get a higher interest rate.

When you wrote you hard a hard time with a legit BOA debit card, did you mean it would sporadically work?
It would sporadically work with little rhyme or reason.
Old May 27, 2020, 10:14 pm

It would sporadically work with little rhyme or reason.
Where you able to contact Chase and figure out why the card worked sporadically?
EDIT: Never mind I see this is a on going problem:
https://www.doctorofcredit.com/chase...comment-740328

You would think big companies like Chase and Starbucks could partner and make a product that works right.

Last edited by PoEntre; May 27, 2020 at 10:37 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.