Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 7, 2016, 3:49 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: skitch23
This thread is a continuation of the previous discussion located here.

See post #412 - Ordering gc's thru the Kroger site will post fuel points to the associated shopper card upon shipment of physical cards and email delivery for e-gc's. Points are earned in the same increments as if you bought them at the store (usually 2x or 4x if there is a promotion). Transactions are processed by GiftCardMall and therefore do not earn additional points/cb from your credit card issuer for a "supermarket purchase".
Print Wikipost

Kroger master thread (2016 to 2018)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 21, 2017, 6:21 pm
Original Member

Originally Posted by lumangoy
you need to swipe first before CSR enters amount, otherwise, you cant cancel to change to debit.
Thanks, I will try one and see if the CSR can do it correctly.

Does it work okay as part of split tender? I usually drain four cards at a time when I use BillPay and either two or four at a time for money orders.

Thanks again. This will be fantastic if the VISA version never comes back. Those racks are full.
Old Apr 21, 2017, 6:56 pm

Originally Posted by Andy2
Thanks, I will try one and see if the CSR can do it correctly.

Does it work okay as part of split tender? I usually drain four cards at a time when I use BillPay and either two or four at a time for money orders.

Thanks again. This will be fantastic if the VISA version never comes back. Those racks are full.
yes that's the only time csr needs to enter amount for each card!
Old Apr 24, 2017, 12:59 pm

Programs: SPG/Marriot Gold, Hilton Gold
Does anyone know if Kroger owned Harris Teeter also sells MOs that work with GCs? I'd prefer not to mess with WM, and it sounds like the PO is starting to catch on.
Old Apr 25, 2017, 7:16 am

Originally Posted by zorbachs
Does anyone know if Kroger owned Harris Teeter also sells MOs that work with GCs? I'd prefer not to mess with WM, and it sounds like the PO is starting to catch on.
Can't wait for all the WM and PO refugees to flood Kroger stores with 10 gift cards at a time and kill this avenue as well.
Old Apr 26, 2017, 9:34 am

Originally Posted by zorbachs
HT sucks, for two reasons:

+ 99 cents per $500 MO.
+ In some areas, like mine, they've taken a "no gift card" position, e.g., want to see card even for a single MO purchase. The POS system will allow it, however, if the clerk doesn't intervene.
Old Apr 26, 2017, 10:06 am

HT usually provides a lot of convenience for people that aren't doing serious volume. I take it you may be in an area where there may not be many alternatives to HT and they are one of the only games in town. I've never been given a second look there and they are even in good spirits while servicing. I can't imagine someone who is doing volume would use HT as the costs are over double. When I have one or two to knock out and I'm already going to HT I certainly take advantage.
Old May 7, 2017, 6:22 am

Programs: AA, AGR, DL, MR, WoH, UA
Someone mentioned elsewhere that they were having trouble unloading a certain MCGC design from Kroger stores.

Does anyone here have any information on this situation?

I picked up a number of my standard red one hundreds in the deal yesterday, and I'd hate to have to use them the old fashioned way.
Old May 7, 2017, 6:31 am

Are we still having issues with the US Bank GCs sold at Kroger? Any idea if its safer to buy MGCs or the VGCs? Soon I may be buying from them again but 5 out of the last 6 I purchased of the VGCs were compromised a couple of months ago.
Old May 8, 2017, 12:35 pm

Originally Posted by cdog999
Are we still having issues with the US Bank GCs sold at Kroger? Any idea if its safer to buy MGCs or the VGCs? Soon I may be buying from them again but 5 out of the last 6 I purchased of the VGCs were compromised a couple of months ago.
Haven't run into any issues the past week or two.
Old May 12, 2017, 5:05 pm

Hi Guys,

Wondering if will be possible to buy USB VGCs or USB MGCs on Kroger using AGCs assuming you can buy them using CC.

Thanks in advance.
Old May 16, 2017, 3:09 pm

Programs: AA, UA, DL, NSA, CIA, MIB
Strange occurrence today. Went into WM to buy an MO, $1k with 2 swipes with Visa Gift Cards purchased at Ralphs. Pulled out the cards and swiped #1 - nothing. Swiped it a few times - still nothing. The clerk asked if he could try on his side. Normally I wouldn't hand them a gift card but I've worked with him before. And still nothing. We tried card #2 - nothing! He rebooted the POS terminal. Still nothing!! I pulled out card #3 and #4, both worked. Tried #1 and #2 again after completing the transaction - nothing!!! I'll have to call see what's up. It's probably the mag stripe that isn't working. DRATS!

UPDATE: After calling the card services I found that both cards had ZERO balance, I waited for a clerk. She showed that both cards were used NOT BY ME for 2 separate purchases made in 2 different parts of Los Angeles, while I do live in Los Angeles I don't visit the locations she listed. One card had a .05 balance and the other was completely drained. I purchased these cards at the same Ralphs. Now I have to wait for the Fraud Department to clear these and send me new cards. This could take up to 90 days to resolve.
Old May 18, 2017, 2:56 pm

Originally Posted by cajunguy
Strange occurrence today. Went into WM to buy an MO, $1k with 2 swipes with Visa Gift Cards purchased at Ralphs. Pulled out the cards and swiped #1 - nothing. Swiped it a few times - still nothing. The clerk asked if he could try on his side. Normally I wouldn't hand them a gift card but I've worked with him before. And still nothing. We tried card #2 - nothing! He rebooted the POS terminal. Still nothing!! I pulled out card #3 and #4 , both worked. Tried #1 and #2 again after completing the transaction - nothing!!! I'll have to call see what's up. It's probably the mag stripe that isn't working. DRATS!

UPDATE: After calling the card services I found that both cards had ZERO balance, I waited for a clerk. She showed that both cards were used NOT BY ME for 2 separate purchases made in 2 different parts of Los Angeles, while I do live in Los Angeles I don't visit the locations she listed. One card had a .05 balance and the other was completely drained. I purchased these cards at the same Ralphs. Now I have to wait for the Fraud Department to clear these and send me new cards. This could take up to 90 days to resolve.
How many days between when you purchased the cards and when you tried to use them? I purchased some from kroger and waited a few weeks to use them and they were declined. Found out each had a $495 balance with a $5 pending charge from the Gap in CA (I live in TX). I quickly drained the $495 on each and in about a week the $5 auth fell off each and I was able to drain the last $5 on each, but I have no doubt that they were close to being drained completely by someone other than myself. I now try to liquidate all cards within a day or two at the most.
Old May 18, 2017, 3:21 pm

Programs: AA, UA, DL, NSA, CIA, MIB
Originally Posted by knopfler
How many days between when you purchased the cards and when you tried to use them? I purchased some from kroger and waited a few weeks to use them and they were declined. Found out each had a $495 balance with a $5 pending charge from the Gap in CA (I live in TX). I quickly drained the $495 on each and in about a week the $5 auth fell off each and I was able to drain the last $5 on each, but I have no doubt that they were close to being drained completely by someone other than myself. I now try to liquidate all cards within a day or two at the most.
I purchased my cards on Saturday and went to WM on Tuesday. This was the 1st time in a very long time to buy cards at this particular Ralphs. I've always been careful to go to stores where I feel the customers are a bit more affluent. I guess that thinking doesn't really matter, eh?
Old May 23, 2017, 7:28 am

Had an issue buying a $500 VGC last night at self checkout line. The register kept telling me to remove unscanned item from bag. Had to call a Kroger employee over and he looked at my screen and said from now on high dollar amount Visa's have to be purchased at the customer service desk. Said it was recent change and when asked didn't know the threshold limit for allowable sale at regular register. He mentioned corporate memo. Since this is my main store for MO's I don't want to purchase gift cards there, so I will use one of the many other local Krogers for buying VGc's. If I encounter this at another store, I will update.

This is south Houston area.

Last edited by givingitatry; May 23, 2017 at 7:29 am Reason: spelling
Old May 24, 2017, 9:53 am

Programs: Some of them not all ...
Originally Posted by givingitatry
Had an issue buying a $500 VGC last night at self checkout line. The register kept telling me to remove unscanned item from bag. Had to call a Kroger employee over and he looked at my screen and said from now on high dollar amount Visa's have to be purchased at the customer service desk. Said it was recent change and when asked didn't know the threshold limit for allowable sale at regular register. He mentioned corporate memo. Since this is my main store for MO's I don't want to purchase gift cards there, so I will use one of the many other local Krogers for buying VGc's. If I encounter this at another store, I will update.

This is south Houston area.
Noooooo, love entering my Krogy in Middle of Nowhere Mid West at 10 PM, putting some groceries and buying my $500 VGC without ever talking to an employee. Next morning is pit stop for $1,000 MO splitted with Cash for Fee at Wally. I do not want to talk to humans when I am MS ing
If we could only go back to Kate at Wally, it would be precious !!! LOL

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.