Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 7, 2016, 3:49 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: skitch23
This thread is a continuation of the previous discussion located here.

See post #412 - Ordering gc's thru the Kroger site will post fuel points to the associated shopper card upon shipment of physical cards and email delivery for e-gc's. Points are earned in the same increments as if you bought them at the store (usually 2x or 4x if there is a promotion). Transactions are processed by GiftCardMall and therefore do not earn additional points/cb from your credit card issuer for a "supermarket purchase".
Print Wikipost

Kroger master thread (2016 to 2018)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 29, 2016, 7:22 pm

Originally Posted by Mamibear
DP: I experimented with a prepaid DC issued by CU (don't ask, won't tell the issuer) went through at Krog affiliate store. Anyone who has a similar reloadable DC issued by CU with their name on it try it and see if it will also work for you. Midwest area.
Hmmm. I've got a couple of (bank and CU-issued) those sock-drawered. Dealing with the Dragon Lady was too much of a pain so I stopped using them. She shut me down twice for inappropriate use (buying mo and bill pay).
Old Nov 29, 2016, 9:00 pm

In case anyone missed it, here is the memo that went out: http://www.doctorofcredit.com/kroger...-money-orders/

Rollout is this week so I'm guessing that's why some are still working while others aren't. Sure every single one will be dead soon...
Old Nov 29, 2016, 9:14 pm

Any more Buxx datapoints ? Strange that Buxx is also being disabled.
Old Nov 29, 2016, 10:17 pm

Originally Posted by BoeingOrNotGoing
Data Point:

Fred Meyer in little ol Eagle River AK hard coded for SMGC, invalid tender.
I've done this one before on vacation. May it rest in peace!

Although - let's not get into the MS'ing while on vacation piece. It's just part of the daily routine.
Old Nov 30, 2016, 12:35 am

Programs: Northwest, United
Oh, this is a very, very dark day.

O-Depot/O-Max/Staples/Simon Malls are going to wonder what happened when they notice that their CG inventory has suddenly stopped moving.
Old Nov 30, 2016, 7:42 am

Originally Posted by ZzzzX
Hmmm. I've got a couple of (bank and CU-issued) those sock-drawered. Dealing with the Dragon Lady was too much of a pain so I stopped using them. She shut me down twice for inappropriate use (buying mo and bill pay).
I know the feeling well. Still have one of mine but only use it as last resort for min spend.
Old Nov 30, 2016, 8:29 am

Originally Posted by Dimmysummer
I was able to buy MO with MetaBank Visa from Staples yesterday. (Houston Kroger).
I am just south of houston and my go to kroger didn't work last night with US Bank issued card. I have a couple others to try but am not holding my breath for different outcome.
Old Nov 30, 2016, 8:40 am

I see that Kroger is offering modest discounts on their $25 and $50 AGC but the fine print says that these do not double (and thus I assume quadruple for this promo period until 11/12/16) for fuel points??
Old Nov 30, 2016, 9:38 am

Anybody has luck with successful bill pay in Kroger from Simon cards?
Old Nov 30, 2016, 10:57 am

Programs: Some of them not all ...
Currently, my go to Wally has no problem eating the Simon VGCs towards MOs. But just to test the waters over here, in the MS Friendly Mid West, I crossed the street to the brand new Krogy MP and tried to off load one for a MO, and of course, as reported here, was rejected by the POS. Went back to Wally and liquidated it. So bye bye Krogy, it was good while it lasted. So many half price MOs that made me go to you instead of the Wally
Old Nov 30, 2016, 12:52 pm

Programs: UA AA MR UR
Originally Posted by givingitatry
I am just south of houston and my go to kroger didn't work last night with US Bank issued card. I have a couple others to try but am not holding my breath for different outcome.

Went today and it was hardcoded. Told my go to cashier that I won't be coming in every other day anymore. Looks like I'll be shopping at HEB/Walmart more often.
Old Nov 30, 2016, 1:00 pm

Originally Posted by Dimmysummer
Went today and it was hardcoded. Told my go to cashier that I won't be coming in every other day anymore. Looks like I'll be shopping at HEB/Walmart more often.
I had been spreading out among 3 or 4 Krogers and 3 or 4 HEB to avoid familiarity and usually used HEB for loading netspend cards for the savings accounts.
Old Nov 30, 2016, 4:45 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Hhonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by nwflyboy

O-Depot/O-Max/Staples/Simon Malls are going to wonder what happened when they notice that their CG inventory has suddenly stopped moving.
Simon Mall should start selling money orders.
Old Nov 30, 2016, 4:49 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Hhonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by nwflyboy

Yes, especially for those of us in the Midwest who had a relatively easy time of MO purchasing with multiple Kroger stores all close by. For me, this is far worse than losing Kate.

I'm sure we'll all figure out new ways to MS, as we always do. Hopefully the next way will be easy enough and not cost too much off the top.

Last edited by Henla; Nov 30, 2016 at 4:57 pm
Old Nov 30, 2016, 8:35 pm

Major blow for me.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.