Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 6, 2016, 7:57 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: inY
This thread has begun a new tradition of annual master threads, this one on Visa Buxx. The previous 2003- 2014 megathread is here. The previous 2015 megathread is here.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Buxx cards can only be loaded with a Visa or MasterCard.

NW Buxx
Stopped taking applications August 24, 2016.

•Initial purchase fee: $5 (waived with promo code: 02050053 - ( PROMO CODE NOT WORKING)
•$2 load fee
•Max load per rolling 7 days: $200
•Max load per rolling 30 days: $1,000
•Max ATM per week: ($200 - but only if specifically enabled online, including PIN setup). No fee for some Allpoint ATMs (no way to know in advance if the Allpoint ATM will ding you $1; check your account carefully and call if necessary to reverse the $1 charge…IME 2/3 Allpoint ATMs do charge the fee).
•Max spend per rolling 7 days: $800
•Max # of CC on file is 2.
•Max balance per card: $1000

From Jan. 11, the maximum reload value will be $200 per week.
and the maximum initial load is $100.

If you card fails to load, check to see if there are at least 7 calendar days between loads, make sure the load won't bring your card above the maximum balance, or try the other CC.

Funding with Citi cards codes as a purchase for NW Buxx.
TD Bank Go Buxx

•Can only be loaded with TD Bank credit cards, debit cards or direct deposit
•Initial purchase fee: $4.95 + $1 load fee
•Max load per day: $500
•Max load per 7 days: $2,000
•Max load per rolling 30 days: $3,000
•Max per ATM withdraw: $60/week. (No fee at TD Bank.)
•Max balance: $2,000
•Max spend per rolling 7 days: $2,000
•Max spend per rolling 30 days: $3,000
•Max load per funding TD CC (across multiple teens): $6,000 per 30 days

Limits are per teen card, not per master account

TD Bank card loads are treated as purchases by TD Bank and earn points.

Cannot be used to pay CITI or Capital One cards by phone.

States not supported: AL, AK, AS, AZ, AR, CA, CO, FM, GA, GU, HI, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, MI, MN, MS, MO, MT, NE, NV, NM, ND, MP, OH, OK, OR, PW, PR, SD, TN, TX, UT, VI, WA, WV, WI, WY

USPS MOs count against the ATM withdrawal limit.

Do not create too many accounts too fast. Some reports of account shutdown when same SSN used across multiple cards / accounts in a short period of time.

USB Buxx (closed)

USB BUXX is closed:
Last day to load was Oct 24th, 2015.
Last day to use or withdraw all funds Dec 30th.
Cards closed Dec 31st
Transaction History available through 6/30/16

(NOTE: stopped taking new applications ~mid February 2014 through the official link.

Print Wikipost

Visa Buxx(2016)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 9, 2016, 8:50 am

Does the "max of 2 loads per CC per 7 day rolling period" count across ALL teen cards or only 1 card?
Old Jan 9, 2016, 9:10 am

Originally Posted by vacaloca
This would only be true if they also remove the requirement of only 2 loads per CC card during 7 day period, which I believe still exists, as I just tried to do a 3rd load (3 separate teen cards) with the same CC today and that failed.

If the terms remain the same, you could certainly do $1600 on one CC, and $1600 on another CC with 4 different teen cards, though.
Yes I was thinking the same thing. I think everyone seems to be forgetting this crucial CC loading rule for NW Buxx
Old Jan 9, 2016, 10:11 am

Programs: IHG Amb, Honors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by steveo345
Does the "max of 2 loads per CC per 7 day rolling period" count across ALL teen cards or only 1 card?
Across all teen cards.
Old Jan 9, 2016, 12:38 pm

Exclamation

Originally Posted by ed765
There is a minor possible loophole.

My letter states that the new restrictions are effective from the start of business on January 11.

In theory, a $500 load may be possible on the 11th if done before the start of business that day. However, I suspect that a some point their computers will be down to install the new software.

Possibly this will not happen until the wee hours of the morning, so one who stays up after midnight might get a load in.

Anyone planning to do this (as I am) proceed with caution, there is no true way to tell what time zone that this software uses. My assumption would be that it is running on a server hosted by https://www.visaprepaidprocessing.com/ (however this could be wrong since it seems like Nationwide made the terms, so the requirements may be made by a server I cannot ping.)

when I pinged "https://www.visaprepaidprocessing.com/" it came up with an IP address of 23.220.254.63. I then took that IP address and traced it to Chicago, Illinois, which is Central Standard Time or UTC -06:00. So if you want to load your cards on the 11th before the start of business, the best approximation I could offer is to wait till 12:01am UTC -06:00.

When looking at the history of this Ip address, I can see that it recently moved to Chicago and had been in Cambridge, Massachusetts prior to being in Chicago. It moved to Chicago sometime between 1/6/15 and 1/2/16. So just a heads up since I can see it possibly being EST or CST given all that.
Old Jan 10, 2016, 9:46 am

It seems like you can add a new Parent OR Family/Friend to to your existing account to add more funding cards. I see how you add a Family/Friend within my existing account but does anyone know how to add a new Parent account and link them?
Old Jan 10, 2016, 10:47 am

different funding limits for gift giver/family/friend/parent?

I used the same CC to load a Buxx card on 12/27 and another Buxx card today, on 1/10. So I should be able to load a third Buxx card because it has been more than 7 days since the first load. But I got the "max reloads reached" message. Current account balance is $500 on a different card.

This was using a linked family/friend account. You guys think the limits are different for that one? i.e. 1 load per CC per 7 days?

Another factor is the Buxx card I tried to load was last loaded on 1/6 (and unloaded that day). But I thought that doesn't matter.
Old Jan 10, 2016, 12:29 pm

Lucky for me my 30 days reset this morning. Got one last full value load on my two cards today. Will probably be my last. Had been getting bored with this hobby and with the closure of my Serve account, I don't have the interest in the other few avenues I have left. The return on time is not worth it for me. It was good while it lasted. Got a few good trips for me and the kids.
Good Luck to those who continue on.
Old Jan 10, 2016, 3:42 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA Silver, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by cbjewelz
I used the same CC to load a Buxx card on 12/27 and another Buxx card today, on 1/10. So I should be able to load a third Buxx card because it has been more than 7 days since the first load. But I got the "max reloads reached" message. Current account balance is $500 on a different card.

This was using a linked family/friend account. You guys think the limits are different for that one? i.e. 1 load per CC per 7 days?

Another factor is the Buxx card I tried to load was last loaded on 1/6 (and unloaded that day). But I thought that doesn't matter.
$500 load/7 days on a given Buxx card, so you would be able to next load that card on 1/13.
Old Jan 10, 2016, 3:55 pm

Originally Posted by gizayabasu
$500 load/7 days on a given Buxx card, so you would be able to next load that card on 1/13.
If you have Buxx 1, you can load with CC A, 7 days apart. On old terms $1000 per month.

If you have multiple Buxx accounts and you want to use same CC, how many times and how much maximum you can charge to a single CC?
Old Jan 10, 2016, 4:36 pm

sorry, didn't see the top carefully.

Last edited by chenahi7; Jan 10, 2016 at 8:01 pm Reason: update
Old Jan 10, 2016, 5:25 pm

above is why these things get shut down. Shaking my head
Old Jan 10, 2016, 7:05 pm

Originally Posted by chenahi7
Anyone knows the reason for the following:
I used CSP to add a new Teen card today, after submitted, the error message shows: This order could not be processed: A limit violation has occurred.
Then I tried several times with CSP repeatly, same message shows. Later used citi to add new card with same option (initial 500), successful (then reload another 500).
I went to CSP online, saw around 16 pending activities, called chase saying I made the online purchase, but something wrong with the website, the website show the order(s) not successful, however I still saw the pending activities on CSP account. They said they also saw the pending activities under nationwide's name with same confirmation # with those activities, they cant do anything right now. Then call nationwide, they said they didnt see any activities with CSP, only see the activities with citi (and the order with citi is successfully, processing the order now).

So I just wait for the pending at CSP disappear? In addition, anyone knows the reason showing the error message? Thank you.

update: after the callings, and successfully added a new Teen card with Citi, I tried add another Teen card with citi, same error message. So the problem IS: you can only load the the buxx account (different teen cards) with same cc for max of 1000 (sorry, if that is the reason. I did use 1000 for the buxx account yesterday under CSP. But even that is the reason, why there are pending activities on cc account but the order did not go through)?
You can't be serious man. You cannot be serious.
Old Jan 11, 2016, 1:49 am

Originally Posted by kim2game
You can't be serious man. You cannot be serious.
Seriously, this is why we cannot have good things.
Old Jan 11, 2016, 7:06 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, UA Silver
Did my final $500 load today. Nice while it lasted.
Old Jan 11, 2016, 7:11 am

Originally Posted by Songer5
Did my final $500 load today. Nice while it lasted.
Same for me, last load was about an hour ago.

And FYI to anyone still looking to get a final $500 load in, it still doesn't look like the website has been updated (at least, the text next to the load amount box still says "Between $10.00 and $500.00").

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.