Community
Wiki Posts
Search

MS for tuition?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 12, 2015, 12:26 pm

Originally Posted by Newyorker11
Doesn't serve and redbird have send money, send check feature? How about you use that?
yes, those features are there. I paid our property tax once using Serve check and I wanted to avoid any unforeseen problems. I put the name of the county tax collector as payee, sent to my home address. I got the check in 7 business days and went to courthouse to pay. It was my assurance they got the payment and I got my receipt.
Old Sep 12, 2015, 1:32 pm

Originally Posted by Mamibear
yes, those features are there. I paid our property tax once using Serve check and I wanted to avoid any unforeseen problems. I put the name of the county tax collector as payee, sent to my home address. I got the check in 7 business days and went to courthouse to pay. It was my assurance they got the payment and I got my receipt.
Thanks, can you do the same from NWBuxx, debit cards?
Old Sep 13, 2015, 5:59 pm

Programs: AA, DL, Hyatt, Hilton
FYI - Just read some reports indicating that my student loans servicer (MyGreatLakes) credit card payments over the telephone. Other servicers may do so as well. Apparently, the credit card payment is FEE FREE (please confirm).

Perhaps students, who have cash on hand to prepay their tuition, can take out student loans for a part of their tuition (a few thousand $), and then immediately pay the loans off by card payment. Of course, there is likely a 1%+ origination fee, but it is likely still worth it to meet minimum spend.

Unfortunately, granted that I am no longer a student, the avenue above is no longer existent for me

Cheers.^
Old Sep 13, 2015, 10:17 pm

Paying a tuition bill with a credit card isn't "MS," it's just 'S.'
Old Sep 14, 2015, 5:27 am

Originally Posted by Newyorker11
Thanks, can you do the same from NWBuxx, debit cards?
I don't have tuition to pay; it would be nice if you try it and report later.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.