FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Manufactured Spending (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending-719/)
-   -   Cashback on Amex GC through TopCashBack, BigCrumbs, etc. (2015) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending/1649136-cashback-amex-gc-through-topcashback-bigcrumbs-etc-2015-a.html)

Churnman Jan 3, 2015 1:22 pm

Originally Posted by frudd38 (Post 24089162)
Hmm mine haven't even been processed yet from 12/31..

I believe most of the orders from that day have not been processed due to the holiday and i'm sure they got slammed from the one day tcb promotion. We'll no doubt see lots of approvals Monday.

dukerau Jan 3, 2015 3:15 pm

Originally Posted by Churnman (Post 24094839)
I believe most of the orders from that day have not been processed due to the holiday and i'm sure they got slammed from the one day tcb promotion. We'll no doubt see lots of approvals Monday.

Strangely, I placed 3x$3k orders for myself and same for spouse. My 3 were all instantly approved (received approval email within an hour). My spouse's orders all got "received" emails but were eventually approved on 1/2. Also, when I place my orders, I don't have to enter DOB (it's not even a field to enter). For spouse, it must be entered. I'll never pretend to understand Amex's approval algorithms for these.

frudd38 Jan 3, 2015 3:43 pm

Originally Posted by Churnman (Post 24094839)

Good to hear as mine are still processing.

I was thinking my business cards order might be reviewed or cancelled because I used the same Amex to buy personal cards 13 days before, although I don't see anything in the Wiki against using the same card. Probably ymmv to the bad side.

Travel4Points Jan 4, 2015 3:27 pm

I bought the $1000 AGC and now I'm kind of sorry I did because it looks like delivery is going to be a hassle.
I subscribe to the paid version of UPS MyChoice and got an alert it is on its way for Monday delivery, but the system will not allow me to have the package held at a local UPS store like I typically do for deliveries. I changed it to my work address, so hopefully that will work. If not, this will likely be returned to sender since I will never be home to accept and sign for a delivery.

frekwentflier Jan 4, 2015 6:17 pm

Originally Posted by Travel4Points (Post 24100637)
I bought the $1000 AGC and now I'm kind of sorry I did because it looks like delivery is going to be a hassle.
I subscribe to the paid version of UPS MyChoice and got an alert it is on its way for Monday delivery, but the system will not allow me to have the package held at a local UPS store like I typically do for deliveries. I changed it to my work address, so hopefully that will work. If not, this will likely be returned to sender since I will never be home to accept and sign for a delivery.

The last time I had mine delivered, they just left them on my front porch. No signature needed.

nova08 Jan 4, 2015 8:33 pm

I've purchased these AGC's a few times with my Chase card through TCB. I purchased 2 this time around and it sat in my "Temporary Authorizations" section for a few days and now it's gone. There is no record I ever made the purchase so I suspect it was declined for some reason.

Update: I jumped the gun. I guess it was just about to be approved and for some reason not on my account, however this morning it is now approved

robertw477 Jan 4, 2015 8:38 pm

I neve got this to work on US bank cards. Those always get declined for business cards or personal. Has anyone got those to work?

Robert

frudd38 Jan 5, 2015 12:46 am

Originally Posted by frudd38 (Post 24095471)
Good to hear as mine are still processing.

I was thinking my business cards order might be reviewed or cancelled because I used the same Amex to buy personal cards 13 days before, although I don't see anything in the Wiki against using the same card. Probably ymmv to the bad side.

Well just as I feared, my ordered for business cards were cancelled. Used the same Amex card that was used for personal cards prior, which likely was the mistake. I also noticed the expiration date was incorrect (saved in my profile when logged in) but the order went through fine the first time with personal cards.

Blueskyheaven Jan 5, 2015 12:53 am

Ordered personalized GCs 4 days ago and still not shipped. Got charged $9.99 and says overnight shipping? But maybe it's because it takes time putting my name on them?

BTW, Will the cards still have the word "Gift card" on it? Some target reps are making issues over the word GC when loading

Chris92128 Jan 5, 2015 1:09 am

Originally Posted by Blueskyheaven (Post 24103001)
Ordered personalized GCs 4 days ago and still not shipped. Got charged $9.99 and says overnight shipping? But maybe it's because it takes time putting my name on them?

BTW, Will the cards still have the word "Gift card" on it? Some target reps are making issues over the word GC when loading

Yeah it takes them a few days to put your name on it. The UPS my choice is nice because it sends you an email the day before it arrives. The personalized cards still say gift on them but look much more legit as your name is on the card in raised letters like a real CC. I try to put my ID on top of the card where it says gift and only have the name and number showing.

I can see for miles Jan 5, 2015 7:41 am

Originally Posted by robertw477 (Post 24102188)
I neve got this to work on US bank cards. Those always get declined for business cards or personal. Has anyone got those to work?

Robert

Last I checked, AMEX GC purchases aren't considered cash advances with US Bank -- BUT you can't exceed your CA limit on AMEX GC purchases with a US Bank card. You can request a higher CL with US Bank, but you can't request a higher CA limit.

fletchbo Jan 5, 2015 10:34 am

It typically takes 7 calendar days WITH express 2-day shipping before I get my custom AMEX GCs.

Also, politely remind the Target reps to review the written Target company policy on gift card purchases, as likely it states TARGET gift cards can not be used to re-load AFT, etc. AMEX Gift cards are really just PREPAID cards.

Stoughton Jan 5, 2015 10:36 am

Overnight doesn't mean from the moment you order

RickyBobby Jan 5, 2015 10:45 am

Can anyone help answer this question. I just placed an order for personal 10k using amex platinum card last week and order was approved and shipped. If I go and make another purchase on the business side for say another 10k, before 14 days of the personal, would the biz order get approved as well? I would be using my amex biz gold. Do you think the portals would consider the biz order part of the 100k limit and allow this or being I just placed the max 10k on personal, I would have to wait the 14 days and then place my biz order? I guess I could always just try and see what happens...worst they could do is decline.

Also, can anyone care to elaborate on biz AGC orders? I have read the wiki and many of that last 100 pages of posts and I'm still a bit confused. The wiki states that at some point amex will do a check for a valid business...has anyone had any issues at all placing biz orders using an amex biz card? I would assume amex would verify business if say a visa or MC was used??

HikerT Jan 5, 2015 10:46 am

Originally Posted by Stoughton (Post 24105232)
Overnight doesn't mean from the moment you order

Imagine if posting a question here involved clicking on a check box before hitting submit... "Yes, I've read the wiki, I still have a question."