FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Manufactured Spending (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending-719/)
-   -   Cashback on Amex GC through TopCashBack, BigCrumbs, etc. (2015) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending/1649136-cashback-amex-gc-through-topcashback-bigcrumbs-etc-2015-a.html)

skitch23 Jan 24, 2015 5:18 pm

Originally Posted by jewsus (Post 24227851)
How do I set PIN on AMEX Gift Cards and use as debit to load Bluebird, buy MOs, etc.?

Well played... it would have been better if you bolded it like in the wiki lol :p

jewsus Jan 24, 2015 8:37 pm

Originally Posted by skitch23 (Post 24227867)
Well played... it would have been better if you bolded it like in the wiki lol :p

It's in the wiki? Oops, sorry.

Father-of-3 Jan 25, 2015 9:55 am

Do fees and shipping count towards the purchase limits?

skitch23 Jan 25, 2015 10:07 am

I reformatted the wiki since the old formatting didn't copy over when cbn42 split the thread this morning.

weezl Jan 25, 2015 7:09 pm

Originally Posted by skitch23 (Post 24230814)
I reformatted the wiki since the old formatting didn't copy over when cbn42 split the thread this morning.

Should the Wiki caution about using VRs to liquidate AGCs since it will be dying soon? How about AP, hasn't that option gone away already?

Churnman Jan 25, 2015 7:19 pm

Originally Posted by weezl (Post 24233318)
Should the Wiki caution about using VRs to liquidate AGCs since it will be dying soon? How about AP, hasn't that option gone away already?

Fixed. Also removed AP since that method has also died.

ColoradoGirl47 Jan 26, 2015 3:26 pm

I ordered $10k personalized Amex gift cards split between mine and my husband's accounts on 1/17, and I received them on 1/22, and have already liquidated them, but the charge still has not posted to either of my credit card accounts. I have the money ready to pay off the card, and I keep checking every day to see if it posts, and it still doesn't even say pending. I have been ordering Amex gift cards for almost a year now, I've had it be delayed a couple days before, but never 9 days like this. Anyone had this happen to them before??

gloobnib Jan 26, 2015 3:39 pm

Quoting:
I ordered $10k...
Personally - I'd not say a whole lot on public message boards *if* I was inclined to take advantage of any possible windfall.

Honestly, I can't say one way or another if I'd 'keep' the money if in the long term they never charged me. I'd like to think that the positive karma is worth self-reporting back to the seller (IE it is the Right Thing To Do). But on the other hand, I firmly believe just about everybody has a 'price' at which temptation proves too great. I'd like to believe my price is well north of this, but then again, I'm not faced with the imminent decision on Doing The Right Thing.

Big $$$$ windfalls can potentially be life-altering, but the definition of "Big" varies from person to person.

Edit: And just for clarity - you are probably going to get charged Soon (TM), so all the above is probably Moot. I'm just feeling a bit philosophical this afternoon. :)

flyertalkingallday Jan 26, 2015 3:46 pm

Originally Posted by jewsus (Post 24228561)
It's in the wiki? Oops, sorry.

Can someone please show me a page with circles and arrows?

FindAWay Jan 26, 2015 3:56 pm

Originally Posted by ColoradoGirl47 (Post 24238439)
I ordered $10k personalized Amex gift cards split between mine and my husband's accounts on 1/17, and I received them on 1/22, and have already liquidated them, but the charge still has not posted to either of my credit card accounts. I have the money ready to pay off the card, and I keep checking every day to see if it posts, and it still doesn't even say pending. I have been ordering Amex gift cards for almost a year now, I've had it be delayed a couple days before, but never 9 days like this. Anyone had this happen to them before??

I have liquidated AGCs before the charges post to my CC on a few occasions.

Moreover, the actual date of the charge (not the temporary authorization hold) is typically the date the AGCs ship (not the order date) for me.

I'll bet you get charged very soon.

Slytherin23 Jan 26, 2015 4:41 pm

purchase with Amex card

Just to confirm, purchases of Amex gift cards with an Amex CC still earn points, right?

silver6054 Jan 26, 2015 5:27 pm

Originally Posted by jewsus (Post 24227851)
How do I set PIN on AMEX Gift Cards and use as debit to load Bluebird, buy MOs, etc.?

Isn't the PIN the 4 numbers on the front of the card that Amex put there for convenience? Doesn't seem all that secure but I guess they know best.

Zgirl Jan 26, 2015 5:37 pm

Originally Posted by silver6054 (Post 24239114)
Isn't the PIN the 4 numbers on the front of the card that Amex put there for convenience? Doesn't seem all that secure but I guess they know best.

:D :D :D

OHijAAzi73 Jan 26, 2015 6:55 pm

Citi DC didn't post as CA per a recent $500 AGC test purchase...any other Citi cards that posts as purchase these days?

spgbus Jan 26, 2015 8:31 pm

Originally Posted by OHijAAzi73 (Post 24239549)
Citi DC didn't post as CA per a recent $500 AGC test purchase...any other Citi cards that posts as purchase these days?

Is your statement closed yet?