Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 10, 2015, 9:50 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ed765
This thread has begun a new tradition of annual master threads, this one on Visa Buxx. The previous 2003- 2014 megathread is here.

tcook052
MS Forum Moderator

Buxx cards can only be loaded with a Visa or MasterCard.

NW Buxx

•Initial purchase fee: $5 (waived with promo code: 02050053 - ( the promo code appears to be working consistently)
•$2 load fee
•Max load per rolling 7 days: $500
•Max load per rolling 30 days: $1,000
•Max ATM per week: ($200 - but only if specifically enabled online, including PIN setup). No fee for some Allpoint ATMs (no way to know in advance if the Allpoint ATM will ding you $1; check your account carefully and call if necessary to reverse the $1 charge…IME 2/3 Allpoint ATMs do charge the fee).
•Max spend per rolling 7 days: $800
•Max # of CC on file is 2.
•Max balance per card: $1000
•Max of 2 loads per CC per 7 day rolling period.

If you card fails to load, check to see if there are at least 7 calendar days between loads, make sure the load won't bring your card above the maximum balance, or try the other CC.

Funding with Citi cards codes as a purchase for NW Buxx.
TD Bank Go Buxx

•Can only be loaded with TD Bank credit cards, debit cards or direct deposit
•Initial purchase fee: $4.95 + $1 load fee
•Max load per day: $500
•Max load per 7 days: $2,000
•Max load per rolling 30 days: $3,000
•Max per ATM withdraw: $60/week. (No fee at TD Bank.)
•Max balance: $2,000
•Max transactions: no limit
•Max load per funding TD CC (across multiple teens): $6,000 per 30 days

Limits are per teen card, not per master account

TD Bank card loads are treated as purchases by TD Bank and earn points.

Cannot be used to pay CITI or Capital One cards by phone.

States not supported: AL, AK, AS, AZ, AR, CA, CO, FM, GA, GU, HI, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, MI, MN, MS, MO, MT, NE, NV, NM, ND, MP, OH, OK, OR, PW, PR, SD, TN, TX, UT, VI, WA, WV, WI, WY

USPS MOs count against the ATM withdrawal limit.

Do not create too many accounts too fast. Some reports of account shutdown when same SSN used across multiple cards / accounts in a short period of time.

USB Buxx (closed)

USB BUXX is closed:
Last day to load was Oct 24th, 2015.
Last day to use or withdraw all funds Dec 30th.
Cards closed Dec 31st
Transaction History available through 6/30/16

(NOTE: stopped taking new applications ~mid February 2014 through the official link.

Print Wikipost

VISA Buxx (2015)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 23, 2015, 9:48 am

Anyone having issues logging in to NW Buxx this morning?

EDIT: This happens after I enter my user id. It comes up with a "System Error" message. When researching other Buxx options I got a "Site Maintenance" message from the same "visaprepaidprocessing.com" backend that NW uses, so I think it should just be temporary.
Old Sep 23, 2015, 9:58 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist No More..., Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by GetawaysRus
In other words, what I'm not sure about is whether a teen can have a different address than the parent. Seems like that should be possible. In the real world, some teens have moved out of the home (to a boarding school or college, for example).
Yes they can.
Old Sep 23, 2015, 10:00 am

I don't post much but I've been an avid lurker for a while now. I haven't found the answer to my question in previous posts (although the same question has been asked over and over). Would someone please help?

I have a NW buxx parent account and I've added myself and my husband as teens under my account and I've done the same under his parent's account, to a total of 4 teen buxx cards between the two of us. The question is: How are you guys adding more teens? Is it a problem to add more teen cards that would have the same SSN and name under the same parent account? I can tweak my name slightly, but I'm not sure how what to do about the fact the SSN would be the same. Or perhaps, it's not something the NW cares about?

I'm also seeing people mentioning that there might be a limit to 5 NW buxx cards per address. Have others also experience and can confirm that?

Thanks!
Old Sep 23, 2015, 10:12 am

Originally Posted by monalisa1506
I don't post much but I've been an avid lurker for a while now. I haven't found the answer to my question in previous posts (although the same question has been asked over and over). Would someone please help?

I have a NW buxx parent account and I've added myself and my husband as teens under my account and I've done the same under his parent's account, to a total of 4 teen buxx cards between the two of us. The question is: How are you guys adding more teens? Is it a problem to add more teen cards that would have the same SSN and name under the same parent account? I can tweak my name slightly, but I'm not sure how what to do about the fact the SSN would be the same. Or perhaps, it's not something the NW cares about?

I'm also seeing people mentioning that there might be a limit to 5 NW buxx cards per address. Have others also experience and can confirm that?

Thanks!
I have 5 total. 3 for me and 2 for my wife. Im thinking just add one more for yourself and you should be fine.
Old Sep 23, 2015, 10:54 am

Originally Posted by mnCO
Anyone having issues logging in to NW Buxx this morning?

EDIT: This happens after I enter my user id. It comes up with a "System Error" message. When researching other Buxx options I got a "Site Maintenance" message from the same "visaprepaidprocessing.com" backend that NW uses, so I think it should just be temporary.
Yup yup. Getting the same.
Old Sep 23, 2015, 11:47 am

Originally Posted by refundme22
I have 5 total. 3 for me and 2 for my wife. Im thinking just add one more for yourself and you should be fine.
thanks for taking the time to reply. I appreciate the help. I just want to clarify that you've applied for multiple teen buxx cards using your name and your SSN, all under your own parent account.

Have you changed your name a little bit on these cards (you know, use an initial here and there), to mask the fact that it's all for the same person? Or, perhaps that doesn't matter at all, NW couldn't care less if people have multiple of these cards and I'm just being over zealous about it. Thanks again.
Old Sep 23, 2015, 1:44 pm

Originally Posted by phatjoe
Well the wiki doesn't make it clear that the $800 max spending is inclusive of the $200 atm withdrawal. This is from my experience. I withdrew $200 atm and was only able to spend max $600 until the reset.
Yes withdrawing $200 from ATM is in effect spending your $800/wk limit. The system doesn't distinguish between "spending" at a store and ATM withdrawals. All the system looks for is if I have $1K balance and I withdraw/spend more than $800 in any sort of combination within 7 days your transaction will be denied.
Old Sep 23, 2015, 2:38 pm

Originally Posted by monalisa1506
thanks for taking the time to reply. I appreciate the help. I just want to clarify that you've applied for multiple teen buxx cards using your name and your SSN, all under your own parent account.

Have you changed your name a little bit on these cards (you know, use an initial here and there), to mask the fact that it's all for the same person? Or, perhaps that doesn't matter at all, NW couldn't care less if people have multiple of these cards and I'm just being over zealous about it. Thanks again.
My first 3 I used my actual kids names, but with the S/O's(used her SSN and her Barc+ for funding) I used her name on both other cards and nobody at NW seems to care. I have only run into CSR errors in getting MO's, nothing on the NW Buxx side and no problem funding.
Old Sep 23, 2015, 3:05 pm

Originally Posted by jk2
I tried to load my USbuxx card and a transaction was rejected. I did check a Wiki about limits:

-----
•Max load per rolling 30 days: $2,000 per card, but $5k per CC (if you have multiple teen cards.)
•Max load per rolling 7 days: $2,000 per CC including fees.
-------

I have 1 CC on file (cannot add another one - added/deleted too many times) and 2 teens a total. Here is a history of loading (including fees):
09/23/2015 $520
09/14/2015 $450
09/14/2015 $520
09/14/2015 $450
09/14/2015 $520
09/11/2015 $520
09/11/2015 $520

Total $3500 in 30 days. There is one load left (for $517.50) for one of my cards, but a load doesn't go through. I don't see that this a fraud alert. Any idea what is wrong?
Have you verified the time on the rolling 30 days has elapsed? As it states in the wiki that the USB Buxx is not only date sensitive but time sensitive as well. Check last month's loads and what time it occurred.
Old Sep 23, 2015, 7:23 pm

Originally Posted by ericdabbs
Yes withdrawing $200 from ATM is in effect spending your $800/wk limit. The system doesn't distinguish between "spending" at a store and ATM withdrawals. All the system looks for is if I have $1K balance and I withdraw/spend more than $800 in any sort of combination within 7 days your transaction will be denied.
This is an important point, and should be made more clear in the Wiki.
Old Sep 24, 2015, 12:18 pm

Originally Posted by georgecostanza
This is an important point, and should be made more clear in the Wiki.
+1^
Old Sep 24, 2015, 12:31 pm

by trial and error, I was limited to 5 teens for 2 parent accounts using same address.
Old Sep 24, 2015, 1:13 pm

NW Visa BUXX

Originally Posted by Mamibear
by trial and error, I was limited to 5 teens for 2 parent accounts using same address.
I'm pursuing something similar. Was the same address the profile address or the billing address that the original cards were sent to?

2 different parents with separate profile addresses but with an authorized CC they all have the same billing address, mine. Hope I didn't screw the pooch on this one. If the order gets cancelled, I could call CC and change address to their HOR before trying a second order.

Thanks in advance for your input.

Edit: Called Barclays, they said the purchase from 9/22 is still being authorized. Its possible the account was declined due to the same billing address. Sucks, rookie mistake. I'll wait for the charges to drop before trying to create teens under 2nd parent w/the separate billing address.

It might be possible to change the billing address back to whatever you want after the cards are mailed/received. Hopefully someone with more success can provide some input.

Last edited by BionicBuk; Sep 24, 2015 at 2:10 pm Reason: add information
Old Sep 24, 2015, 2:13 pm

NWBuxx: I had one teen's account which was closed last year. It is still showing as "closed" under my profile. Does anyone know if the closed account count towards limit of 5 per address?
Currently I have 4 active teens and one closed.

Also I assume you can still load serve at WM. Can someone confirm this.

Monthly limit of $1000, is that per teen account or per credit card?

Last edited by nfpa70e; Sep 24, 2015 at 2:19 pm
Old Sep 27, 2015, 5:07 pm

for those who have not received the official mail and still hoping their accounts are exempted from closure, there is an official announcement on the website now

https://usbankdotvisabuxx.com/

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.