Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LibertyX potentially new VR

Search this Thread

Old Dec 5, 2014, 9:49 am

How do you unload the bitcoin back into USD at the end? I don't know of any ways that won't cost nearly as much as the value of the cc miles.
Old Dec 5, 2014, 4:32 pm

Originally Posted by igzolt
i tried it out in boston yesterday. was surprisingly smooth and their price was cheaper than coinbase and circle and almost instant. whole process took a few mins. went to store, bought a PIN and redeemed it on their website. they don't provide a bitcoin wallet though so you have to get that elsewhere.
Paid with credit card? Did it post as cash advance? Or paid with debit card or prepaid/gift card? Or cash?
Old Dec 5, 2014, 4:34 pm

Originally Posted by BOSUAflyer
How do you unload the bitcoin back into USD at the end? I don't know of any ways that won't cost nearly as much as the value of the cc miles.
I think Circle has a good exchange rate, with no fee.
(I haven't personally tried selling bitcoin there though.)
Old Dec 5, 2014, 6:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Their website doesn't have a lot of info. It does say something about bitcoin ATMs though. I tried to open an account. They insisted that I like a phone number, which I didn't want to give them, so I sent them a message asking to close my account.
Old Dec 5, 2014, 7:40 pm

Originally Posted by sbft77
Paid with credit card? Did it post as cash advance? Or paid with debit card or prepaid/gift card? Or cash?
i used cash. the rate was similar to bitstamp. pretty much every service that lets you buy with a credit card is going to charge you at least 3% and probably more due to the chargeback risk. for 1 BTC cost 376 with cash at libertyX and 390 with credit card at circle. not apples to apples but can't use cash with circle.
Old Dec 5, 2014, 7:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

If you need to use cash to fill it, how is this remotely useful?
Old Feb 20, 2015, 9:57 pm

Any update on this?
Old Feb 21, 2015, 9:25 am

Originally Posted by VegasGambler
If you need to use cash to fill it, how is this remotely useful?
It's not. There is a workaround to use a CC though. (Please no PMs)
Old Feb 21, 2015, 2:29 pm

Programs: 1&2
I don't think this is in my area.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.