Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LibertyX potentially new VR

Search this Thread

Old Dec 3, 2014, 9:18 pm
Original Poster

LibertyX potentially new VR

Available at >2500 retail locations in 33 states, some of which are convenience or grocery. In-store purchase allows you to load bitcoin to an online account, then you can decide what to do with it from there (sell and drain, use for purchases, etc.).

You have to create an account with LibertyX to see retail locations in your zip.

http://www.bizjournals.com/boston/bl...brands-as.html
Old Dec 3, 2014, 9:24 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by adadakis
Available at >2500 retail locations in 33 states, some of which are convenience or grocery. In-store purchase allows you to load bitcoin to an online account, then you can decide what to do with it from there (sell and drain, use for purchases, etc.).

You have to create an account with LibertyX to see retail locations in your zip.

http://www.bizjournals.com/boston/bl...brands-as.html
My guess is commissions, premiums and Bitcoin price fluctuations are going to eat up whatever you could have expected to earn from MS.
Old Dec 3, 2014, 9:31 pm
Original Poster

No load fees. Can buy up to $300 per pin (can buy multiple pins... depends upon the retailers limit). No bid/ask spread on bitcoin. Only exposed to fluctuations if you hold on to the bitcoin.

Originally Posted by tymothy
My guess is commissions, premiums and Bitcoin price fluctuations are going to eat up whatever you could have expected to earn from MS.
Old Dec 3, 2014, 10:02 pm

https://libertyx.com/mobile/locations

seems to work without creating an account.
Old Dec 3, 2014, 10:05 pm

why can't they just use regular money?

the whole bottom could fall out of bitcoin on my way home from buying the cards and i'd be out $5k+...
Old Dec 4, 2014, 4:14 am

Originally Posted by SpongyBard
That website feels shady to me -- gives me a blank screen, unless I grant them access to my GPS and who knows what else.
I'll pass.
Old Dec 4, 2014, 9:12 am

Originally Posted by MaxVO
That website feels shady to me -- gives me a blank screen, unless I grant them access to my GPS and who knows what else.
I'll pass.
Try it on your desktop... you won't get the GPS option. I'm guessing you were on the mobile site.
Old Dec 4, 2014, 9:19 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
I think the buy and selling might generate a 1099 form for taxes. the tax liability may be zero but the time to input all the trades that make no money buy and sell same price would be time consuming and might bring added problems
Old Dec 4, 2014, 10:44 am

Originally Posted by MaxVO
I'll pass.
It gives a blank result if there are none in your area. You don't need to give access for it to give results. Try a Boston zip code or something and you'll see results.
Old Dec 4, 2014, 11:54 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, Club Carlson Gold
Who wants to be a ginnie pig
Old Dec 4, 2014, 3:15 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by canyoncar

the whole bottom could fall out of bitcoin on my way home from buying the cards and i'd be out $5k+...
Value is held constant in USD until pin is redeemed. So your exposure is the time that is sits in your account, post-redemption.

Compared to when I was lugging rolls of gold coins to my local bank, this risk exposure seems a lot better, imo.
Old Dec 4, 2014, 3:22 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by particlemn
I think the buy and selling might generate a 1099 form for taxes. the tax liability may be zero but the time to input all the trades that make no money buy and sell same price would be time consuming and might bring added problems
Chatted with customer service, they said no 1099 will be sent by them.
Old Dec 4, 2014, 3:28 pm

What makes you think they accept CCs for these?
Old Dec 4, 2014, 3:50 pm

Originally Posted by canyoncar

Heh.

Funny but scary true.
Old Dec 5, 2014, 8:32 am

Originally Posted by thehustla
Who wants to be a ginnie pig
i searched a bunch of cities as a test and it seems like they are all over the country. looks like they have a new store locator that doesn't require log-in now (libertyx.com/locations).

i tried it out in boston yesterday. was surprisingly smooth and their price was cheaper than coinbase and circle and almost instant. whole process took a few mins. went to store, bought a PIN and redeemed it on their website. they don't provide a bitcoin wallet though so you have to get that elsewhere.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.