Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Can't Use CCs for Buying GCs at W-D Miami

Search this Thread

Old Sep 28, 2014, 7:23 am
Original Poster

Programs: Several dozen
W-D kept the receipts and cards as there was no sale. There is an audit trail, however. This has the smell of a real internal control failure.

Originally Posted by bashiruchel
Have the W-D manager call 866-946-6349 and file a report for you, You will need your receipts and the manager should have the GCs in question. They will check into the situation and reverse the charges or release the GCs in question to you if they have been loaded.
Old Sep 28, 2014, 8:06 am

Programs: HILTON:DIAMOND, MARRIOTT: Gold
I do not know what an audit trail is, but I think it would be easier to work with the manager and the customer service people at W-D headquarters (the number I gave you)to get a reversal of cc charges. They are behind about three days, but they can check everything from the receipts the manager has, which gives them the date, time, cash register used and card code that was scanned. You would have to supply some numbers from your cc: the last 4 and first 6. You could do this on the phone by calling the W-D manager and have him call the number I gave you.
Old Sep 28, 2014, 8:26 am

I had a similar problem last Tuesday, checked on cellphone and heard charges had gone thru and were pending, immediately called for manager , had him call customer service, got a Ticket #, was given name and phone number for person working on my case, etc. and everything was resolved by Friday and funds are back in my account already. Everyone, including me was very, very nice.
Old Sep 29, 2014, 2:21 pm

Originally Posted by AlohaDaveKennedy
W-D kept the receipts and cards as there was no sale. There is an audit trail, however. This has the smell of a real internal control failure.
Originally Posted by bashiruchel
I had a similar problem last Tuesday, checked on cellphone and heard charges had gone thru and were pending, immediately called for manager , had him call customer service, got a Ticket #, was given name and phone number for person working on my case, etc. and everything was resolved by Friday and funds are back in my account already. Everyone, including me was very, very nice.
I had a reloadit card that failed to scan/activate properly that I was charged for after they voided the transaction. One visit to chat with the manager and one phone call to their customer/corporate center took care of it. Took a couple days but they were super friendly.

On a more important note, I pray that it is only that shady Miami area that is shut down. Will check one of my stores tonight.
Old Sep 29, 2014, 3:46 pm
Original Poster

Today discovered both cards involved in the transaction have charges amounting to $3,000+ now for gift cards not purchased....

Originally Posted by AlohaDaveKennedy
Old Sep 30, 2014, 3:51 am

It appears the 2 GCs have been swiped a total of 6 times, but only $500 can be loaded on each card. Lesson learned , never allow a GC to be swiped more than once. The manager can check the receipts he retained and see you were charged multiple times for the same GC. Again, I feel it would be easier and faster to work through the manager and W-d CSR, who can see W -d has been paid and will refund your money and have the manager give you the 2 GCs that have been loaded.
Old Oct 27, 2014, 4:51 am
Original Poster

Update - still waiting on the W-D investigation of the charges. The charges have been formally disputed with the card issuers.

That said, the W-D situation continues to worsen. Just recently went to another W-D to test the register blocking of $20-500 gift card purchases. In my test, the register blocked the purchase by credit card, but then charged the activation fee as well as another $2. Did get this refunded and have the register receipt.

Lesson for those over at W-D from this auditor and fraud examiner - test those register software changes before going live!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.