Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Discover adds 5% CB on $1k from Oct-Nov

Search this Thread

Old Sep 28, 2014, 8:11 pm

Thanks jedinkel for the tip.
Old Sep 28, 2014, 8:47 pm

Programs: American Airlaines, Delta SkyMiles, United, BA, HH, Marriott, SPG, Priority Club
Originally Posted by jedinkel
I have the Discover IT Card and got it. Sign into your account and then open another window and paste this link. You can choose between Walgreens, Shell, Lowes, Olive Garden, and Bed Bath and Beyond. Up to $1000

https://www.discovercard.com/cardmem...ustomLP&tmclk=
That is awesome, thank you!
Old Sep 28, 2014, 9:01 pm

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
Thanks, jedinkle! Worked like a charm and email received almost instantly.
Old Sep 28, 2014, 9:07 pm

Originally Posted by dboston1
I got the email. When you log into your Discover account does it show this offer as being saved? It should be over on the right with your quarterly cash back offers.
Nope. Maybe they really dont want me to have the offer
Old Sep 28, 2014, 10:27 pm
Suspended

What are you guys using this on? I'm having trouble coming up with a good MS method for profiting on the 5%.
Old Sep 29, 2014, 2:01 am

I have the Discover IT Card and got it. Sign into your account and then open another window and paste this link. You can choose between Walgreens, Shell, Lowes, Olive Garden, and Bed Bath and Beyond. Up to $1000

cheers for that. always good to diversify.

WG has been running that $5 WG gift card promo for buying 2 VGC's every couple of months. pretty good chance of seeing it over the next 2 months...
Old Sep 29, 2014, 2:19 am

Programs: Anywhere I can ski...

i shall own you a favor for this sir , let me know via PM if there's anything i can do for you. ^
Old Sep 29, 2014, 4:48 am

Worked for me ....Thank you!!!
Old Sep 29, 2014, 6:06 am

did not work for me

Unfortunately the link did not work me. I keep on getting this message

"Looking for something on Discover's site? The page you requested was not found. The link may be outdated or you may have typed the page address (URL) incorrectly. Use the site map or the links below to find what you need, and don't forget to update your bookmarks."

I am using firefox.
Old Sep 30, 2014, 10:45 am

Originally Posted by ACVid
Unfortunately the link did not work me. I keep on getting this message

"Looking for something on Discover's site? The page you requested was not found. The link may be outdated or you may have typed the page address (URL) incorrectly. Use the site map or the links below to find what you need, and don't forget to update your bookmarks."

I am using firefox.
ditto - used both firebox and explorer. MaybeDiscover moved in to shut this down. Shame I was busy on 28th and didn't read the thread...
Old Sep 30, 2014, 11:01 am

The link worked and I received the confirmation email. However, I don't see anything when logging into my account saying it is active. I'll make the purchases regardless since I have the confirmation email.
Old Sep 30, 2014, 11:02 am

Try using Chrome's Incognito mode (or private browsing if you're on a different browser). That's what did the trick for others.
Old Oct 1, 2014, 7:34 pm

Programs: HH Gold (again), US/UA/DL non-elite, ZE Presidents Circle, WN reluctant no fee convert.
I qualified for this, too.

This is kinda great, actually. Because I am also signed up for the "Spend $2K per month, from Sept. through January, and collect $300 in CB".

These should complement each other nicely.

One thing I did though, because I honestly thought that first promo might be a pain. I called and asked for a temporary 0% APR for purchases for 6 months. Got approved for 12 instead. This is important in case I run into any multiple account management glitches while I am so busy with relocation, and holidays on the horizon, and ultimately, the focus with other cards.

Can one use the Vanilla Visa type GCs that Wags sells for bill payments such as phone, water, cable? No generic answers, please. I know GCs can be used in a lot of ways. I want an answer with this kind of VGC based on one's own experience because I bought Simon VGCs more often. Thanks!

Last edited by jan_believes; Oct 2, 2014 at 9:39 am
Old Oct 1, 2014, 9:11 pm

Thanks, Dude! worked like a charm. how did you figure it out?! you're a genius^

Old Oct 2, 2014, 7:04 pm

Programs: HH Gold (again), US/UA/DL non-elite, ZE Presidents Circle, WN reluctant no fee convert.
Losing out on my first purchase amount...

Folks, double-check your registration.

I clicked twice last night to vote for my retailer and got the response that an email would be sent to confirm registration. I didn't bring my life to a screeching halt to check my email at that moment.

Today I went to make payment on the DS website and decided to check the CB promos and there the special "5% CB" announcement didn't reflect I was registered.

Sadly, I made a purchase at Walgreens late last night. The rules of the promotion detail the starting date for the promotion as the date of registration forward, NOT Oct 1. My purchases will not count.

The glass half full for me is that at least that amount charged to DS last night will count toward the four month CB promotion I previously signed up for.

My 2 cents: verify your participation.

Last edited by jan_believes; Nov 14, 2014 at 10:11 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.