Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Gift Card Exchanges

Search this Thread

Old Jul 12, 2015, 4:06 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by kenbks
I tried to sell a walmart gift card I bought on eBay to giftcardzen. Their form asks how the card was obtained, and I wrote "bought on eBay". So I mailed the card, and then a few days after they got the card, they emailed me saying the gift card is rejected. I asked why, and they told me that they don't accept gift cards purchased on eBay. That made me angry since I wasted time and money mailing that gift card, and they could have put a disclaimer somewhere saying they don't accept giftcards bought from eBay. However, they at least returned the card for free in a few days. Turns out place like giftcardrescue.com makes you mail a stamped and self-addressed envelope if they decide not to buy your gift card for whatever reason (and they never bother to tell you how they will decide unless they get your gift card first). I don't understand why these places don't approve your gift card before they make you mail them. They could ask for receipts and whatever they need to know before they "make the offer".
Thanks for another data point. It seems that business practices and reputations of GC resellers can change rather quickly. So it pays to get updated info before deciding where to send your GC's. This forum is a great resource, and I also found http://www.resellerratings.com to be helpful if you already have a specific business in mind.
Old Jul 12, 2015, 8:25 pm

GC Zen buys GC purchased from eBay all the time. When GC Zen said they didn't accept card bought on ebay, that was just a bogus excuse to not buy any more of whatever brand of card you sent them, because the bloggers have been banging the drum extolling the virtues of somehow getting rich reselling GCs from eBay, and then the market was flooded with that brand of card. You probably got in too late.

On the other hand, I'm pretty sure they warn you not to send them anything in the mail until you get the email from them confirming that they will accept your order.
Old Jul 13, 2015, 6:38 am

I've sold with Cardpool, ABC, GCzen, SaveYa and Junkcard lately. Cardpool has by far been the easiest and fastest experience, with ABC as a close second. I'm a bulk seller with SaveYa, but they are pretty slow. GCZen accepted my ebay bought gc's with no issue (though I'm pretty certain they didn't ask me how I obtained them, only Cardpool did and she didn't care at all). Junkcard is slow too.
Old Jul 14, 2015, 1:56 am

Programs: DL Ham Samich
I'd like to contribute a few datapoints that some may find useful.

ABC: Tried selling legitimate cards I purchased during a staples deal to ABC, they accepted the order online, and I even called to verify the instructions for shipping the cards to them, but they held on to the cards for 3 weeks before I got a nasty email telling me that though the balances were intact, they were "high-risk" and they would be sending them back to me.... They waited two weeks to ship. I will never work with them again

Junkcard: I'm a bulk-seller with them. Horrible customer service, extremely slow to verify cards and payout, but at least their slow service is predictable.

Giftcards.com: Doesn't matter because they are SaveYa now

Saveya.com: I'm a bulk seller that was rolled over from Giftcards.com. Very meh. Not particularly pleased with their customer service and their VERY consistently changing rates (usually seems for the negative.) Also, they changed the rate for one of my cards AFTER I was shown a different offer price (thank goodness I screen-shotted it) and they blamed it on a tech glitch. It didn't exactly inspire confidence. I do know my experience BUYing from them has been technologically glitchy and led to me being "double charged."

Giftcardrescue: Pretty much the worst and dirtiest of 'em all. Everything about their transactions, guarantees, and policies screams don't do business with me, which is probably why they have to offer such high rates to entice people.
Old Jul 14, 2015, 2:16 am

My apologies, I didn't put forward the ones I actually like working with!

GiftCardZen.com: Been a bulk seller with them for a while and their customer service is pretty hard to beat. Though their rates have become pretty uncompetitive over the last year, their tech is nice, their very open with their communication and truly value their bulk sellers.

GiftCardMart.com: Though there are some cons, these have actually become my go-to for 95% of the cards I sell. I don't have quite the track record of working with because they only opened their site in February. (I actually stumbled upon their site trying to buy a Domino's card at 3AM and it was obvious their site was experiencing some serious programming issues.) However, I inquired about being a bulk seller shortly thereafter and have been almost completely pleased with their service and their uncanny helpfulness. My only real complaint is that their site has had a good amount of outages over the past few weeks, though I'm fairly sympathetic to their plight given that they are working to take marketshare from the older, bigger (and surely better funded) players. But nonetheless, they are quick to communicate if I have a question, always willing to be flexible with me when I need it, and to be honest, they've pretty much bent over backwards to court me as a bulk seller once I told them what kind of brands I was carrying. I'm pretty glad I asked too, because their bulk seller rates are much better than their public ones.

After I had sold them about 6-7K of Amazon cards I had acquired during the S&F Amex Sync deal, one of the bulk account guys called me on the phone to thank me for my "business and loyalty" and after we chatted for a bit, discovered that they were located literally 20 minutes from my office. So he invited me to come play golf with him and 2 other employees a couple weeks back where we threw back some cold ones. (Very glad we played best ball scramble...) Getting to actually meet someone in the gc industry was pretty fascinating and went a long way to instill trust in me. They're actually pretty big miles and points enthusiasts and opening embrace the MSing community!

PS I was interested and plied a bit about why they don't index on gift card granny like everyone else and I was told that they simply can't afford it. Apparently the affiliate fee for everyone clicking through granny is 2%, which I found to be pretty insane

Last edited by RFDMinnesota; Jul 14, 2015 at 2:18 am Reason: Spelling
Old Jul 15, 2015, 11:31 pm

I'm a huge fan of Giftcardmart.com as well. It's true they openly embrace MSing - I discuss latest credit card deals with them frequently. They sometimes send out good deals by email too.

They're the small guys, so they don't accept everything, but their rates are often competitive.

I usually go Giftcardmart.com > SaveYa > Raise > Cardpool. I used to use Giftcardzen but Cardpool's HQ is closer to me (literally a block away) so shipping and getting paid are much faster. I love GCZen but don't like how it takes them a bit of time to verify your cards before they accept the order.
Old Jul 16, 2015, 6:30 am

Where is giftcardmart physically located?
Old Jul 18, 2015, 8:13 pm

Originally Posted by bigugly
Where is giftcardmart physically located?
Good ol' Minneapolis
Old Oct 17, 2016, 9:24 pm

Programs: Several dozen
Angry Red Flag on Giftcard Zen

50% of cards received did not match amounts described or were rejected as unauthorized.

Been buying cards to meet some nonpin debit card transaction requirements and the rate of bad cards is unusually high.
Old Oct 17, 2016, 9:56 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by AlohaDaveKennedy
Red Flag on Giftcard Zen
Thanks for the alert!
Since this subject is getting refreshed, I can also confirm the earlier recommendations for GiftcardMart.com. I gave them a try, and have since been selling almost exclusively to them in the past 1.5 yrs. They have recently went "boutique", and now buy exclusively from their "volume partners". This does not really obligate the sellers to any volume of business. It only requires that new sellers go through a vetting process (more like getting acquainted). On the sell side, they started coding their transactions as office products -- so Chase INK and AmEx SimplyCash users can get 5X while buying GC's.
Old Nov 29, 2016, 12:59 pm

Wondering if anyone has some info on this situation or had anything similar happen

I tried to sell a $75 Kohls gift card (bought at CVS) to SaveYa and it went through fine. Then I sold a $50 Nordstrom GC I got from Amazon and it was auto denied saying there was a fraud issue. Then an hour later the Kohls sale was canceled. So I filled out a support ticket and got this response.
Thanks for reaching out to us. Our compliance partner has viewed your account information and determined a block on your account has been placed and cannot be removed. We are not able to accept new orders from your account or it's associated information going forward. We do apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

I know I have heard about SaveYa shutting people down for no real reason - just wondering if anyone else has had this happen. I have probably sold around 2K to them. I then went to try to sell these to CardPool and then that order was canceled. Not sure what is going on here...send to ABC last night so I guess we will see what happens.

This is what cardpool's email said:
We recently received your gift card code transaction but our processing center encountered an issue while processing your cards.
Our risk assessment team has determined that we aren't able to accept the transaction at this time. We have cancelled the transaction and are returning ownership of the gift cards to you. Unfortunately, we're not able to disclose any further specifics regarding this process.
We apologize for any inconvenience to you.

Both still have full balances on them.
Old Nov 29, 2016, 2:50 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond/*G, IHG Diamond Amb, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Macosty
Wondering if anyone has some info on this situation or had anything similar happen

I tried to sell a $75 Kohls gift card (bought at CVS) to SaveYa and it went through fine. Then I sold a $50 Nordstrom GC I got from Amazon and it was auto denied saying there was a fraud issue. Then an hour later the Kohls sale was canceled. So I filled out a support ticket and got this response.
Thanks for reaching out to us. Our compliance partner has viewed your account information and determined a block on your account has been placed and cannot be removed. We are not able to accept new orders from your account or it's associated information going forward. We do apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

I know I have heard about SaveYa shutting people down for no real reason - just wondering if anyone else has had this happen. I have probably sold around 2K to them. I then went to try to sell these to CardPool and then that order was canceled. Not sure what is going on here...send to ABC last night so I guess we will see what happens.

This is what cardpool's email said:
We recently received your gift card code transaction but our processing center encountered an issue while processing your cards.
Our risk assessment team has determined that we aren't able to accept the transaction at this time. We have cancelled the transaction and are returning ownership of the gift cards to you. Unfortunately, we're not able to disclose any further specifics regarding this process.
We apologize for any inconvenience to you.

Both still have full balances on them.
With SaveYa, once they decline one order, you're banned for life (and any family members and any one with the same last name, email, phone, or address).

I would call the merchants and find out if there's something wrong with the cards before proceeding to continue selling. Also, try holding on to the cards for a few weeks first. ABC tends to be pretty good.
Old Nov 29, 2016, 5:00 pm

Originally Posted by 1353513636
With SaveYa, once they decline one order, you're banned for life (and any family members and any one with the same last name, email, phone, or address).

I would call the merchants and find out if there's something wrong with the cards before proceeding to continue selling. Also, try holding on to the cards for a few weeks first. ABC tends to be pretty good.
ABC already accepted them so I guess I just need to hope for the best. I still have the receipts etc. so I think it should be good.

That is crazy about SaveYa...sold to them for over a year with no issue and then get banned for no reason...not the best customer service there. Always sold them new/never preowned cards too. Sucks because they usually were the quickest turn around. I have used ABC the most though since SaveYa has the $500 weekly limit.
Old Dec 1, 2016, 1:35 am

I have used ABC Gift Cards extensively and have never had any issues. They are fast and reputable. GiftCardZen is also very good, however they don't accept the same variety of cards and they also have the weekly limits.

SaveYa is garbage as far as I'm concerned. I tried to sell ONE perfectly legitimiate GC, got declined, and can never sell to them again. I don't get it, but I would rather give my business to ABC anyway.
Old Dec 1, 2016, 11:31 am

Interesting update. After their first email I responded that I bought the cards at CVS and Amazon and I can not see what the problem would be and they emailed me back that my account is good to go again. I guess we will see if that is the case when I try next time.

They do tend to have the highest payouts but the $500 limit kills me. I do mostly use ABC but ended up losing $7-8 by having to sell to them

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.