Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Gift Card Exchanges

Search this Thread

Old Sep 5, 2018, 7:03 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by CDO
Anyone have any experience with bargain gift card? Seems like a new exchange that recently popped up.
Is this the place in question? -> https://bargaingiftcard.com/
They do have a couple of interesiting "door busters" (Target at 10% off or Romano's Grill at 54% off). According to their terms, they charge sellers a listing fee + a commission of 12%. So it would seems that they use a business model of eBay with less competitive rates.
Old Nov 27, 2018, 12:33 pm
Original Poster

A few folks here (myself included) had good experiences with Giftcard Mart in the past. I'd love to hear more recent DP on that company. Somehow I started getting vibes that they're winding their gig down (being sloppy or out of reach for weeks). Of course it could just be my overactive imagination, so I'd like to compare notes with their other users.
Of all the other companies currently making the secondary GC market, what are the good alternatives at the moment?
Old Apr 9, 2019, 2:46 pm
Original Poster

Those who consider using Cardpool, should be interested in this article:
https://www.doctorofcredit.com/share...-card-selling/
Based on numerous reader comments, there have been serious negative changes following the exit of Blackhawk as their owner.
Old Apr 9, 2019, 10:39 pm

If you sold GCs to SaveYa/Cardpool and still have the GC info, you should check the balance, you might be surprised
Old Apr 16, 2019, 11:25 am
Original Poster

Just got an email from SaveYa announcing their going out of business. There will be several milestones in unwinding of activities, with dates between 4/26 and 6/26 of 2019.
I haven't used them in years though.
Old Aug 16, 2019, 12:24 am
Original Poster

Giftcard Mart and Cardkangaroo Updates

Miles to Memories published an article devoted to Giftcard Mart. Since July 1 GCM had all their buying and selling operations suspended, with no communications at all to explain their situation. Now they issued a statement for the blog, which by itself is already good news. It appears they're working to resume operations, if they can replace their payment processor. Judging from reader comments, there are no unpaid sellers.

CardKangaroo also has an announcement on their website, that they suspended buying gift cards.

Is anyone still alive in this business?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.