Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 29, 2014, 7:43 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: prasha11
Does not work anymore, is dead..... what is the point to report 'not working'?

As of 08/25/2014, Bancorp cards (Vanilla Visa, OneVanilla, etc.) are rarely working first try for debit transactions at Walmart. There is no apparent geographical basis. Basically, it's a crapshoot.

Do not agitate a cashier or store and lose the ability to make these transactions in the future. Multiple failed swipes or transactions will likely increase scrutiny. You do not want that. It is best to stop using these cards.

Vanilla VISA defaulting to credit
As of 5/29/2014, at most Walmart locations, all Vanilla VISA cards issued by The Bancorp Bank are automatically recognized as credit. Most Mastercard have required a workaround for some time. The MoneyCenter Express (ATM, kiosk, Kate) is not affected by this change.
Print Wikipost

MO Purchases using OV @ WM

Search this Thread

Old Jun 18, 2014, 10:56 pm

Programs: SPG Plat. Marriott Plat. Hilton Diamond. Hyatt Diamond. IHG Plat.
Originally Posted by apuraja
hate to break it to you two small-timers but there are many of us here who have MS'd to the degree of SIX DIGIT in net profit ($$$) by doing 7, even 8 digit in volume.
Not everyone has a spouse or family members that are on the same page.
Old Jun 18, 2014, 10:59 pm
xp0

Originally Posted by f0xx
Not everyone has a spouse or family members that are on the same page.
You dont need a spouse or family member to be on the same page to do that type of volume. Hell, it is probably easier if you are single
Old Jun 18, 2014, 11:00 pm

Programs: AOPA
We were all n00b once, it is funny that is always the the ones who get in last want to close the door first.........
Old Jun 18, 2014, 11:02 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA, UA, AS, DL, BA, F9, IHG Plat, HH Gold, CC Gold, SPG Gold, MR Silver
Originally Posted by ftomasze
Good for you.

But its the newbies that are killing the game, yeah...right.
coming from someone with a May 2014 join date
Old Jun 18, 2014, 11:03 pm

Originally Posted by xp0
You dont need a spouse or family member to be on the same page to do that type of volume. Hell, it is probably easier if you are single
But if the GF or wife always has negative things to say about it ...

I had a GF that was put off by the money cycling. Just the idea, she wasn't involved at all. Even the fat, easy sign up bonuses were beneath her. So I got an Asian girlfriend who loves that I can travel all over Asia with no trouble.
Old Jun 18, 2014, 11:07 pm

Programs: SW CP, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by skibum7732
coming from someone with a May 2014 join date
I see you joined in the month of May too, sweet! We're like brothers!

I never said I wasn't new, you can go through and look at my posts I'm sure. I just think that it's crazy for the more experienced crew to blame new-to-MS people for recent crackdowns. I did my own research and found methods of MS that work best for me. I don't ask questions before doing my own research. I didn't even know about this board prior to starting this whole "game."
Old Jun 18, 2014, 11:10 pm

Deleted.

Last edited by MsArbi; Oct 30, 2014 at 12:29 am
Old Jun 18, 2014, 11:11 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA, UA, AS, DL, BA, F9, IHG Plat, HH Gold, CC Gold, SPG Gold, MR Silver
Originally Posted by carpentry4thought
But if the GF or wife always has negative things to say about it ...

I had a GF that was put off by the money cycling. Just the idea, she wasn't involved at all. Even the fat, easy sign up bonuses were beneath her. So I got an Asian girlfriend who loves that I can travel all over Asia with no trouble.
How much you pay her...1500 THB per day?
Old Jun 18, 2014, 11:12 pm

How much you pay her...1500 THB per day?
You're a loveable guy, aren't you.
Old Jun 18, 2014, 11:16 pm
Suspended

You're a loveable guy, aren't you.
Yes I am. I never said there was anything wrong with paying for some 'loving.' Headed back to Thailand in 3 days for 3.5 weeks and trust me...wife and I will take quite a few Thai girls back to our condo for some ST fun.
Old Jun 18, 2014, 11:17 pm

Yes I am. I never said there was anything wrong with paying for some 'loving.' Headed back to Thailand in 3 days for 3.5 weeks and trust me...wife and I will take quite a few Thai girls back to our condo for some ST fun.
So this is why you're so intent on MS.
Old Jun 18, 2014, 11:19 pm

Programs: US/AA, UA, AS, BA, IHG, HGP
Gotta get those massages somewhere.

Old Jun 18, 2014, 11:24 pm

yes i am. I never said there was anything wrong with paying for some 'loving.' headed back to thailand in 3 days for 3.5 weeks and trust me...wife and i will take quite a few thai girls back to our condo for some st fun:d.
sawadee krup!!!
Old Jun 18, 2014, 11:24 pm
Suspended

We do travel there alot, but go other places as well..Just spent some time in Guatemala and Belize last month, so definitely not the only reason we MS. We do have a thing for the Thai girls though (well most nationalities if they are petite and cute)
Old Jun 18, 2014, 11:25 pm

Potential bad news.

Data point: as many experienced here, Kate and BP did not work. Went to buy some chips on OV, went through as Visa tender no problem . Then I went to buy some candy and this time I pressed cancel and changed payment type to debit, got a mismatch tender error or something like that, but upon pressing OK the transaction went through. Repeated a second time as debit payment, went through again. Could be that they figured out how to tell regular transactions apart from cash transactions.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.