FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Manufactured Spending (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending-719/)
-   -   MO Purchases using OV @ WM (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending/1581146-mo-purchases-using-ov-wm.html)

Ayase Sep 15, 2014 3:53 pm

Originally Posted by hitman1420 (Post 23531048)
A good wm in socal just closed its doors to ms. Those in the area should know which one.

One month the good wm in norcal (MV) closed its doors to us.
What is wrong with our state? Just too crowded?

Wherever I travel to, Ohio, Colorado, Indiana etc... Not only wm, also CVS WG, all stores are MS friendly.

lad2 Sep 15, 2014 4:08 pm

Originally Posted by Ayase (Post 23531072)

Wherever I travel to, Ohio, Colorado, Indiana etc... Not only wm, also CVS WG, all stores are MS friendly.

I noticed there are a lot more fraud reported on the coasts, perhaps that's the reason.

unnamedone Sep 15, 2014 5:34 pm

Is the yellow button workaround required?

I tried on saturday and got 1 out of 2 swipes worked. I went back today got 0 out of ~7. This was at kate btw.

ElPresidente Sep 15, 2014 5:35 pm

Some data to report.

Visited Kate to depost my last GC to BB for the month. First 2 cards were Metabank VGC they went in fine. Now on to the 2 OV GC. Uh, oh, repeating:

DEBIT NOT AVAILABLE APPR CODE = 57

There was a line at returns and no line behind me, nobody paying attention so I plowed ahead and tried some more. Usually by the 3rd try I get it. Never more than 5. After *8* refusals, the slips changed:

DEBIT NOT AVAILABLE MAX EQUALS 8.

Worrying.

So the max you can fail is 8 times, anyone seen this before?

Kate functional otherwise afterward, verified as I took $300 out of BB no issues.

payeco Sep 15, 2014 5:38 pm

Originally Posted by Ayase (Post 23531072)

Hemet is the reason for all of CAs problems.

Stoughton Sep 15, 2014 6:22 pm

Originally Posted by ElPresidente (Post 23531529)
Some data to report.

Visited Kate to depost my last GC to BB for the month. First 2 cards were Metabank VGC they went in fine. Now on to the 2 OV GC. Uh, oh, repeating:

DEBIT NOT AVAILABLE APPR CODE = 57

There was a line at returns and no line behind me, nobody paying attention so I plowed ahead and tried some more. Usually by the 3rd try I get it. Never more than 5. After *8* refusals, the slips changed:

DEBIT NOT AVAILABLE MAX EQUALS 8.

Worrying.

Kate functional otherwise afterward, verified as I took $300 out of BB no issues.

Always been 8 swipes max

ericdabbs Sep 15, 2014 6:36 pm

Originally Posted by unnamedone (Post 23531522)
Is the yellow button workaround required?

I tried on saturday and got 1 out of 2 swipes worked. I went back today got 0 out of ~7. This was at kate btw.

Change Payment button workaround isn't required at Kate. Only at cashier is the Change Payment button workaround is required.

Brugge Sep 15, 2014 7:05 pm

Originally Posted by ElPresidente (Post 23531529)

Nope, and I can tell you I failed WAY more than 8 times today. :(

jk2 Sep 15, 2014 7:05 pm

The same for me - I swiped probably OV 20 times today at Kate - no luck. I would say that OV really "rarely working".

Brugge Sep 15, 2014 7:08 pm

Originally Posted by jk2 (Post 23531881)
The same for me - I swiped probably OV 20 times today at Kate - no luck. I would say that OV really "rarely working".

Total failure with Kate this afternoon. Did more swipes than I can count, had several cards to try, didn't get anything to load. I was hoping it was a glitch with my local Kate, but based on the posts above, it seems to have been system wide. :eek:

Fico2Go Sep 15, 2014 7:10 pm

Why is everyone buying OV when there are gazillions of Visa/Master GCs everywhere?
Seems the OV headache is unnecessary.

theacolyte Sep 15, 2014 7:18 pm

Originally Posted by Fico2Go (Post 23531897)
Why is everyone buying OV when there are gazillions of Visa/Master GCs everywhere?

Not everyone has access, especially in bigger markets with higher fraud risks.

skibum7732 Sep 15, 2014 7:20 pm

Originally Posted by Brugge (Post 23531878)
Nope, and I can tell you I failed WAY more than 8 times today. :(

not in the same transaction you didn't:p Registers are hard coded

skibum7732 Sep 15, 2014 7:21 pm

Originally Posted by Fico2Go (Post 23531897)

Ignorance

XtraPerks Sep 15, 2014 7:32 pm

Just wanted to add that I stopped by a new CVS in my MS travels today. They were out of OV, so I bought 2K of vanilla Visa. Could only get one $500 to liquidate at Kate today, was able to use other sources to liquidate the rest.

Not sure if Vanilla Visas are more difficult than OV. Didn't have too much trouble with OV yesterday. Metas still work fine at Kate today for me.