Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Simon mall gift card(2014-2015)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 12, 2015, 9:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by donuteric
I suppose you meant $1800 was what you were willing to pay, not what you could pay for a J seat from North America to SEA? I routinely fly EWR/JFK/BOS-SIN and the cheapest revenue tickets I normally find are with Finnair in the high 2k range or Qatar when they're on sales. MH is very competitive these days as well.

I'm not 100% sure about the typical price range from the west coast, but I hear Air China can be pretty cheap. If $1800 is what you actually pay for flying J to SEA, doesn't using a cashback card to purchase GB at SM make more sense? A BOA card with 2.625% yields more than $2000 for every $110k of spends at SM. And of course, revenue does come with nice perks.
I said that's what I'd be willing to pay. I haven't seen a sale price that low in years.
Old Oct 12, 2015, 9:43 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by littlewinglet
That's over 10 prepaid cards you'll need. Many (most?) of us don't have such a large # of reltaives, spouses, etc.. who are willing to participate, and it's a hassle to manage. There's probably just as much risk of issuing payments to your CC from a dozen accounts then with depositing MOs in a bank. Worst case the bank acct is closed and I'll move on to the next one.
+1, I recently added a 3rd bird and man doing 3 isnt as easy as I thought, doing 10+ forgetaboutit. Id rather go the MO route
Old Oct 12, 2015, 10:41 am

Originally Posted by craz
the problem isnt being able to buy as much as one wants, but rather being able to liquidate the cards. Not every Wally is friendly and some are very hostile. So w/o a fair # of Wallys in ones area it indeed may be difficult to unload even a few grand a week let alone ea 5 or 6 figure amount per month(I said Wally since they will issue $1k for $.70, but there are other sources as well, just not as cheap. But before running out and loading up Id try to workout where Id unload them and see if its friendly or not
This advice is spot on. I could buy 10k/day at my Simon and 2k/day at my two nearby CVS, but my one local Target and two WM are getting super difficult lately. The Target may be done for me since the RB is in my wife's name and they ask to see RB, ID, AND debit card to be used. Just started doing this last week. No Kate at WM, and loading more than 1k/day is a royal pain due to crowds, even later at night.
You guys with easy unloading places, count your blessings.
Old Oct 12, 2015, 10:48 am

Programs: Alaska, Shell VC, Wyndham VC, Starwood, RCI, II--I bought it on eBay!
You guys with easy unloading places, count your blessings.
Where do you live? Might be good to find a Kate somewhere to load. The folks at checkout in WM are unbelievably under-trained, and some of them cite rules that don't exist. Find a Kate at another WM and keep your fingers crossed that it works.

Due to the large number of folks posting about issues with their local WM's and Kates, we are getting a little nervous about buying a lot of GC's, but I do have ways to liquidate the $10K or so I currently have. I have lots of maintenance fees to pay by the end of the year and can pay with those. It will take a long time on the phone, but I will do it, you can bet on it.
Old Oct 15, 2015, 7:12 am

Programs: Whatever you have, I have too.
For anyone living in central Florida and doing business at the Paddock Mall in Ocala, the guest services rep told me yesterday that effective Nov 1 Simon Mall will be a Glimcher mall and SM VGC will be no longer be available. They will be selling AGC still.
Old Oct 15, 2015, 5:29 pm

Originally Posted by Tpa-flyer
For anyone living in central Florida and doing business at the Paddock Mall in Ocala, the guest services rep told me yesterday that effective Nov 1 Simon Mall will be a Glimcher mall and SM VGC will be no longer be available. They will be selling AGC still.
Where else can I get Simon VGC in Central FL? Can AGC be loaded to serve in FL?
Old Oct 15, 2015, 5:55 pm

Tonight I had my Simon Gift Cards rejected by the POS after it looked like it was being accepted. Cashier swiped bluebird, then i swiped my SGC and entered pin after hitting no cash back. Then the receipt printed that it was rejected. I checked when I got home and it shows that it was reversed. I hope that they haven't added a new software patch preventing these gift cards!
Old Oct 15, 2015, 6:02 pm

Programs: Regal Crown Club
Originally Posted by zGhOst
AGC is not a debit card and can't be loaded to Serve anywhere in the nation.
Old Oct 15, 2015, 6:14 pm

Programs: Several dozen
Chip and Signature POS SNAFU

My local Simon Mall was one of 8 being tested in the rollout of the new POS that can take chip and signature cards. The system failed beginning last Friday but today is fixed so cards can again be bought. However, today the printer was not working for printing out the (pre filled out) purchase paperwork. The process for buying cards changes with the new system and the customer now swipes the credit card on the new terminal.

According to my source the other 7 malls in the test are not going through the upgrade now because of all the problems.

Old Oct 16, 2015, 7:10 am

Programs: Whatever you have, I have too.
Originally Posted by zGhOst
Take a look at the Simon Mall website and you'll be able to search/find all locations. Also, there's a brand new Simon outlet mall in Wesley Chapel due to open 29Oct.
Old Oct 16, 2015, 7:29 am

Programs: National Executive Elite, IHG Diamond Elite, Hilton Gold, SW A List, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by britinva79
Tonight I had my Simon Gift Cards rejected by the POS after it looked like it was being accepted. Cashier swiped bluebird, then i swiped my SGC and entered pin after hitting no cash back. Then the receipt printed that it was rejected. I checked when I got home and it shows that it was reversed. I hope that they haven't added a new software patch preventing these gift cards!
Anyone else having issues? I was planning on getting $2k in Simon Cards today but now am worried.
Old Oct 16, 2015, 10:56 am

Originally Posted by MSP_Monopoly
Anyone else having issues? I was planning on getting $2k in Simon Cards today but now am worried.
WM cashier told me that there's a new daily load limit of $1K for prepaid's. I've concluded that it's coming from AmEx. When I loaded 2 Serve cards during the same trip, I was able to do $1.5K without the load reversal.
Old Oct 16, 2015, 11:03 am

Programs: All of them
Originally Posted by MaxVO
WM cashier told me that there's a new daily load limit of $1K for prepaid's. I've concluded that it's coming from AmEx. When I loaded 2 Serve cards during the same trip, I was able to do $1.5K without the load reversal.
BB FAQ has been updated, with a $1999 per day swipe limit at WM registers.

https://www.bluebird.com/faqs?linkna...ees-and-limits
Old Oct 16, 2015, 11:16 am

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Lifetime Platinum, MR Platinum, Hilton Diamond
And the screws on MS are tightening........ Hopefully Serve does not go this route.
Old Oct 16, 2015, 3:21 pm

Programs: Hilton Cubic Zirconia, Marriott Fools Gold
My alternative mall for cheap vgc's is having a deal this week for fee free cards for the first 5 cards per customer per day thru 10/22. If any of you have a westcor mall nearby you should check if they have the same deal.

Met a fellow ms'er in line but said he is rarely on FT... So hi again if you see this lol.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.