FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Manufactured Spending (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending-719/)
-   -   Simon mall gift card(2014-2015) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending/1578495-simon-mall-gift-card-2014-2015-a.html)

concordian Sep 10, 2014 11:24 am

Originally Posted by daw4888 (Post 23504490)
Just using the last four digits as the pin is so much easier then setting a pin and hopeing it went through correctly.

+1. Why make it so complicated, I used last 4 digits and never had an issue with new Visa GCs

IPBrian Sep 10, 2014 4:29 pm

Originally Posted by IPBrian (Post 23501331)
Got some of the new SM VGC and set the pin manually. I tried loading at the kiosk today, but the transaction would not go through (tried 2 cards). Checking online I see the transaction attempt, but it was reversed. Probably nothing...wondering if my pins didnt take. Not anywhere close to my BB limit this month.

Tried again today and had zero problem with 4 SM VGC. Must have been a temporary problem. I did not try and reset my pin again. Will use the last 4 next time.

MahiMahi524 Sep 10, 2014 9:27 pm

Did they just raise the shipping cost of VGC to $3.99 from 1.99? I swear it was $1.99 when I last looked a couple days ago.

milaohu Sep 10, 2014 10:00 pm

How would you guys buy the gift cards in mall in the weekends?

I gave my first try on last Sat, but failed as the Management Office was closed. It's hours are 8:30am-5:30am Mon-Fri.

Well, did I go to the wrong place?

I thought management office = customer service place..dumb...

All management offices of my three nearby malls are closed in the weekends.

uncommonsensical Sep 11, 2014 2:10 am

Originally Posted by milaohu (Post 23508194)
How would you guys buy the gift cards in mall in the weekends?

I gave my first try on last Sat, but failed as the Management Office was closed. It's hours are 8:30am-5:30am Mon-Fri.

Well, did I go to the wrong place?

I thought management office = customer service place..dumb...

All management offices of my three nearby malls are closed in the weekends.

go to the main information desk that is staffed to give out maps of the mall stores, etc- often just a free standing kiosk in a central location. that's where they're sold.

Yaoyao Sep 11, 2014 9:13 am

Originally Posted by MahiMahi524 (Post 23508098)
Did they just raise the shipping cost of VGC to $3.99 from 1.99? I swear it was $1.99 when I last looked a couple days ago.

Apparently so. I ordered 4 last week with shipping fee of $1.99 each.

kingrat Sep 11, 2014 11:15 am

Originally Posted by uncommonsensical (Post 23508778)
go to the main information desk that is staffed to give out maps of the mall stores, etc- often just a free standing kiosk in a central location. that's where they're sold.

we have 2 other Simon Malls here - one only sells Amex and the other doesn't sell at all...

brc01 Sep 11, 2014 1:21 pm

I still had a number of issues with the new SM VCC yesterday.

Using last four would give tender not allowed or alternate tender required. Looking at transaction online shows repeated purchases then reversals until it finally worked (after I called in setting PIN). :confused:

The next went through but Kate gave no receipt so that was a fun nightmare to reconcile last night and today.

I called in to pin the rest and a few worked without a hitch, but it still wasn't 100% on the first swipe. In between all these SM VGC attempts, grocery Metas worked flawlessly so very strange.

PortlySpartacus Sep 12, 2014 5:23 am

I just picked up 2 VGC from my local Simon mall. The attendant had to look thru his supply and there were lots of Amex cards and only a few VGC. Last month the same guy told me they had stopped selling the VGC because of high demand and that "they were aware they were being used for MS"

Now, he happily sold me 2x$500 and told me I could "buy as many as you want"...I didn't like the grin on his face when he said that. I'm going to do an Evolve pay with 1 VGC and do a BB load with the other.

Something tells me the hammer is going to drop in the future as I think we are all trying to figure out how Blackhawk is going to control this process...

Churnman Sep 12, 2014 6:23 am

Originally Posted by PortlySpartacus (Post 23514625)
... Last month the same guy told me they had stopped selling the VGC because of high demand and that "they were aware they were being used for MS"...

...Something tells me the hammer is going to drop in the future as I think we are all trying to figure out how Blackhawk is going to control this process...

Many of us have been trying to warn people to not be stupid by buying so many per week, but it's still occuring. I think they'll shut down people individually and that is a good thing, but some places have already implemented tighter controls depending on if there have been problems. The noose is tightening. But, some folks don't learn and are only interested in short term points. They don't seem to care about longevity. Some less wise ones will always have the reckless attitude of "go big or go home" and they will get sent home. But, they just think they might as well go crazy buying as many as they can since they think they aren't the ones contributing to any pending shutdown or they think it will get shutdown for all anyhow. In this case, they will probably only be shutting themselves down and I say so be it. I will continue to buy steady, use wisely and in the end I'll have less competition when they can't buy anymore and their name is posted in the office on the "do not sell to" list.

kingrat Sep 12, 2014 8:02 am

Originally Posted by Churnman (Post 23514826)
Many of us have been trying to warn people to not be stupid by buying so many per week, but it's still occuring. I think they'll shut down people individually and that is a good thing, but some places have already implemented tighter controls depending on if there have been problems. The noose is tightening. But, some folks don't learn and are only interested in short term points. They don't seem to care about longevity. Some less wise ones will always have the reckless attitude of "go big or go home" and they will get sent home. But, they just think they might as well go crazy buying as many as they can since they think they aren't the ones contributing to any pending shutdown or they think it will get shutdown for all anyhow. In this case, they will probably only be shutting themselves down and I say so be it. I will continue to buy steady, use wisely and in the end I'll have less competition when they can't buy anymore and their name is posted in the office on the "do not sell to" list.

They have been warning people about smoking for years and people still smoke....

Churnman Sep 12, 2014 8:51 am

Originally Posted by kingrat (Post 23515208)
They have been warning people about smoking for years and people still smoke....

Yes, and I'm sure you agree they should continue to warn even if it just stops a few from starting. In the end it's up to each of us whether we hurt our own selves and even those around us. This goes for ms'ing too.

eltex Sep 12, 2014 12:29 pm

Originally Posted by Churnman (Post 23514826)

Questio. If I feel they won't shut down people individually, then should I keep it low and slow, or should I push hard, while the getting is good? Ask the people who didn't push hard on the City Exec card. History shows that pushing hard can be very rewarding with very little consequence. I'm not worried about getting shut down individually because I have multiple other CC's to use if my top 3 getting shut at SM.

Volodath Sep 12, 2014 8:33 pm

Originally Posted by eltex (Post 23516586)
Questio. If I feel they won't shut down people individually, then should I keep it low and slow, or should I push hard, while the getting is good? Ask the people who didn't push hard on the City Exec card. History shows that pushing hard can be very rewarding with very little consequence. I'm not worried about getting shut down individually because I have multiple other CC's to use if my top 3 getting shut at SM.

They won't shut you down by card, they'll shut you down by name. Now if you've got multiple IDs...

mxhjustin Sep 12, 2014 8:57 pm

Prisoners dilemma...

Originally Posted by eltex (Post 23516586)