Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Future of MS

Search this Thread

Old Oct 15, 2014, 10:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mandj
Seems the popularity in this hobby is certainly growing. I must admit, I am a newcomer and I hope it stays under the radar but I was able to find out, why not others. Plus, I read posts about people MSing with low salaries or even college kids; certainly all income groups are attracted to this opportunity.

http://www.google.com/trends/explore...red%20Spending

I have "plans" and an Excel sheet detailing all of my future spending/liquidation strategies. So far, I've had to pull 3 methods from said sheet
This happens constantly. You can bemoan the loss of MS avenues or you can find new ones. The thread title is not true at all.
Old Oct 15, 2014, 10:32 am

Originally Posted by bigugly
Lazy/passive MS is dying somewhat. Otherwise it is about the same.
^
Old Oct 15, 2014, 10:41 am

Can we merge this thread into one of the other 437 "sky is falling" threads?
Old Oct 15, 2014, 10:48 am
Suspended

Wasn't that about the same time this forum was created as an offshoot of Miles Buzz?
Old Oct 15, 2014, 11:09 am

Originally Posted by Stoughton
Wasn't that about the same time this forum was created as an offshoot of Miles Buzz?
That's the time when the circles and arrows blogger started preaching about this daily and posing in front of gift card racks like a gangsta, holding his daily loot.
Old Oct 15, 2014, 11:31 am

Originally Posted by mikeyb45
Can we merge this thread into one of the other 437 "sky is falling" threads?
Seriously. Isn't there an OFFICIAL "sky is falling" thread?
Old Oct 15, 2014, 11:37 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by unkinected
Seriously. Isn't there an OFFICIAL "sky is falling" thread?
And does it have a Wiki?
Old Oct 15, 2014, 12:14 pm

This is not a "sky is falling" thread. This is in regards to the rapid increase in "Manufactured Spending" as it becomes more of a discussion amongst more and more people as illustrated by Google trends.

Take a look at some other popular hot topics ...like the rise and (current) fall of the good old VRs.
Old Oct 15, 2014, 12:22 pm

VRs may have 'died' but RLs(with different variations now) have immediately replaced it. It's just a matter of finding the stores that wil take CCs for them. It's all good.
Old Oct 15, 2014, 2:16 pm

Ssssssshhh!
Old Oct 15, 2014, 3:31 pm

Originally Posted by pillow25
Well, when you've had people like Mommy points go on Nightline advertising "FREE TRAVEL", what do you expect?
I think that's one of my favorite things about MS, the ethical perspectives.

By the nature of our game, if it gets widespread it will be removed. If MS is ethical and good, we should (and human nature tends to want to) spread it to people we like/approve of/care for.

The sharing of results in the dying of... Making us at a loss for being able to share our systems with others. You can MS a fortune, and I know many of us can live off MS alone. That kind of ability to share a few secrets to a stranger/loved one and take someone out of hard times or off the streets... That's definitely power.

Maybe at the end of the day that's what we're after, the power and control.

On the other hand, maybe MS is bad and we're just brats. I've been thinking about what the Blue Cash really represents lately; to me it kind of represents entitlement, a belief that we have a right to MS.

We're not committing fraud, but if there was a legal version of it... Wouldn't it look quite like MS?
Old Oct 15, 2014, 3:34 pm

Originally Posted by mandj
This is not a "sky is falling" thread. This is in regards to the rapid increase in "Manufactured Spending" as it becomes more of a discussion amongst more and more people as illustrated by Google trends.
There are and there have been many topics that Google Trends doesn't track. You need to get more familiar with the internetz. You basically found something to support your theory as to why you as a newbie are having a hard time.
Old Oct 15, 2014, 4:04 pm

Originally Posted by rabatt
There are and there have been many topics that Google Trends doesn't track. You need to get more familiar with the internetz. You basically found something to support your theory as to why you as a newbie are having a hard time.
Lol, okay buddy. Please tell me where I insinuated that I'm having a hard time because I am not; sorry to get you off your high horse.
Old Oct 17, 2014, 7:29 am

Originally Posted by Mamibear
VRs may have 'died' but RLs(with different variations now) have immediately replaced it. It's just a matter of finding the stores that wil take CCs for them. It's all good.
Not really, RLs are not available almost everywhere like VRs were at CVS. There's plenty of areas where you can't find them (like mine).
Old Oct 17, 2014, 7:44 am

Originally Posted by GTFan
Not really, RLs are not available almost everywhere like VRs were at CVS. There's plenty of areas where you can't find them (like mine).
The RL website does not even seem accurate. A while ago I checked 3-4 places they list just so I could try one at Evolve. None of them have ever heard of RL and have no spot for them in the store.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.