Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Future of MS

Search this Thread

Old Jun 1, 2014, 7:48 pm
Formerly known as FTRox87

Programs: AA/US 1M, AS, BA, CX, EK, EY, JL, KE, LH, NH, OS, QF, QR, TG, UA/CO | *$G
Originally Posted by AlohaDaveKennedy
ELP is less than SAT, but probably better than MFE. As with MIA, it helps to have a majority Latin population for some reason. Over here I see lots of MOs being processed every day, some being purchased with stacks of cash. Last Friday I was behind a twenty something gal unloading about 6 inches of paper 20s, for example
stripper in MIA? shocking
Old Jun 1, 2014, 7:53 pm

Originally Posted by FTRox87
but paper $20s...sheesh such high roller clients down there. Most strippers would be having a wad of $1s.
Old Jun 1, 2014, 7:56 pm

Programs: AA/US 1M, AS, BA, CX, EK, EY, JL, KE, LH, NH, OS, QF, QR, TG, UA/CO | *$G
I'm surprised they are $20s TBH, woulda expected $100 billz... unless ADK is in the ghetto part of MIA aka real Miami or like the Virginia Gardens/Miami Springs area around the airport

OTOH, she could also be a mule/burner with all that drug money in MIA. females are less likely to be suspected/questioned/asked to report info on any given forms at the stores and maybe even banks compared to single males in their 20s.

Last edited by FTR 787; Jun 1, 2014 at 8:01 pm
Old Jun 1, 2014, 8:12 pm

Programs: Several dozen
Not a stripper as the bills looked pretty new. She looked more MLworthy like she does this alot.

Old Jun 1, 2014, 8:13 pm

Programs: 25 million points to burn!
For almost 2 years now, it's been about 40k/month in MS, which has translated into over 4 million miles/points in the past 12 months, including CC sign up bonuses. The unique thing about my situation is that I'm able to supplement my US haul with a pretty significant haul from Canada.
Old Jun 1, 2014, 8:23 pm

Programs: Several dozen
At a Publix stacks of $100s might attract attention. The larger stuff is better for real estate deals or for empty businesses around here that have no traffic, but tons of transactions on their books.

I would suspect drug money.

And no, I do not live in real Miami. I live out by the bushes.

I'm surprised they are $20s TBH, woulda expected $100 billz... unless ADK is in the ghetto part of MIA aka real Miami or like the Virginia Gardens/Miami Springs area around the airport

OTOH, she could also be a mule/burner with all that drug money in MIA. females are less likely to be suspected/questioned/asked to report info on any given forms at the stores and maybe even banks compared to single males in their 20s.
Old Jun 1, 2014, 8:42 pm

Originally Posted by Preacher7
For almost 2 years now, it's been about 40k/month in MS, which has translated into over 4 million miles/points in the past 12 months, including CC sign up bonuses. The unique thing about my situation is that I'm able to supplement my US haul with a pretty significant haul from Canada.
hold up, I thought they use the same credit bureaus north of the border as well... do they not share databases of HPs?

or are you allotted a fresh/unrestricted set of credit INQ just because of dual citizenship?
Old Jun 1, 2014, 8:48 pm

Programs: US/AA, UA, AS, BA, IHG, HGP
hold up, I thought they use the same credit bureaus north of the border as well... do they not share databases of HPs?

or are you allotted a fresh/unrestricted set of credit INQ just because of dual citizenship?
Not that I would know, but I would assume you have a different identifier that you are applying under.
Old Jun 1, 2014, 8:51 pm

Originally Posted by kpd905
Can anyone fill me in on the bolded sentence? Completely drawing a blank here.
IF anyone is doing any filling in on this one, I'd appreciate getting topped off on that knowledge too, as it's not apparent to me what they were referring to.
Old Jun 1, 2014, 8:55 pm

Canada uses their version of the major bureaus down here. But they are separate, kind of like cousins, not siblings. Obviously, u have to have a legit SIN and residence in Canada to double dip this way. And the HPs are completely separate b/w the countries.
Old Jun 1, 2014, 9:32 pm

Suppose you have all 40k/month on 5 miles/$, it is about 2.4 million miles/per year. To get the rest of 1.6 millions from signon bonus, say 100k per CC, that is about 16 CC in a year, 4 CC per 3-month... Wow... I just couldn't come close to that number. Do you have any other hidden treasure
Old Jun 1, 2014, 9:36 pm

Originally Posted by aegt123
I think 25K in cash back a year is no longer big. It's advanced level, but no where big. I would say 50 to 75K a year in CB is bag.
You always hear stories about this but I figured it was just BS.
Old Jun 1, 2014, 9:42 pm

My wife is also in on the hobby... And she too has an SIN, so she double dips in the Great White North with me!
Old Jun 1, 2014, 9:44 pm

My wife is also in on the hobby...
...so is my husband.
Old Jun 1, 2014, 10:13 pm

It has gotten more difficult to wager through FT recently. So many more basic questions being asked over and over, and so many sky is falling posts. Maybe it's also partly due to me getting my system in place and ramping it up somewhat - and for that I am forever grateful to this Forum, and those that help keep it fresh and evolving.

This thread is very helpful. Reading about ADK and Maksimfa - thank you both for your continued contributions! - challenges me to fine-tune my approach, and to get out there and search for new avenues.

I seem to be running at about 3 to 4 points or cents per dollar over about 35k spend month with a mix of cards and avenues to spend/liquidate. I can up the spend, though since I am only in 2nd quarter at this level (and 8 months overall in this hobby), I will spend at least a few more months "training" my bankers both on the buy and well side.

I am truly impressed with those that claim higher overall results per dollar spent. Outside of the current windfall with AGCs, and the 5% cards, both of which I mix in, I am stumped.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.