Search this Thread

Old Mar 7, 2014, 11:25 am

Originally Posted by SpeedingLunatic
For inside info GeorgeMilesArnold
It is nice to see a fellow FT'er go whole hog
Old Mar 7, 2014, 4:39 pm

Originally Posted by roki
I dated a girl in high school named Kate Hoggers
Funny, that's my mom's name. Wait a second -- are you my father?
Old Mar 7, 2014, 5:44 pm

I'm out of town this week, but was lucky to find two working Kates, at the first two WM I tried! A couple times I was there it was busy at the MC, and others got in line for Kate. I would finish the GC I was on or do one more (depending how long into a load they started waiting).

I've been loading up to 3K per visit to Wally, often with OM 200s, so it's going to take me a significant time to load them all. It's not fair to make someone wait 30 mins to get cash from the ATM just so I don't have to wait an extra 2 mins for my next load. Also, monopolizing the machine could draw negative attention to my activities.

So I'll step aside. Sometimes I just wait off to the side for them to finish. Sometimes take a restroom break. If there are several people in line for Kate, I'll head over to a cashier line and get a load in while I'm waiting. Or hop in the MC line if it isn't too long and do a MO or BP.

I find that if you go after the MC closes, there's less chance someone wants to use Kate while you're there.

Only one time ran into a fellow MSer. She was there first and loading 200s. I left to go load via cashiers, and went to Kate when she finished. If she had been loading 500s, I would have asked how much she did total, and what the timestamp was on the first receipt so I could make sure I waited long enough and didn't lock up the machine.
Old Mar 7, 2014, 5:55 pm

It's much faster to go to any cashier. Even the cashier at the self-checkout line can do it. Or you can spend 20 minutes at that ridiculously slow machine.
Old Mar 7, 2014, 5:55 pm

Programs: United Premier Gold, AA Platinum
Originally Posted by iqbalt80
Been at the receiving end for quite a few times as well.. I cannot just load cards with folks behind me.. even if it's a fellow Mser.
If I have a line forming behind me, I will load one more card and leave... drawing too much attention is not good...
I agree with you. Let's hope others will follow your lead so it doesn't get shutdown.
Old Mar 7, 2014, 8:26 pm

I have literally never seen another person using any Kate. Never.

It might have something to do with the ~10% uptime status, though.
Old Mar 7, 2014, 11:09 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond
Not related to Kate, but my wife and I will often let others go ahead of us at CVS if we see that more than a few people are in the store. The cashiers usually thank us for the gesture.
Old Mar 8, 2014, 1:06 am

Programs: AA LT Gold 1MM ,Hyatt Explorist,Marriott Platinum,HHonors Diamond
Fortunately I don't have that problem...No body use them in my area....but I agree that its faster to use the cashiers...actually I just use all in one visit...Kate,cashiers,self check out,MC ,customer service desk...
Old Mar 8, 2014, 6:16 am

I haven't used the Kate in a while since I switched to Serve but I was loading another BB and noticed that my Kate has gone mute. Not only does she not announce my transactions but she takes half the time to do a transaction without talking.

I don't like a line building behind me either as I think it could upset the cashiers and managers about our activities if we are disrupting the regular customers. I was at the grocery the other day and by the time I finished my first transaction there were three people behind me (early morning and only 2 lanes open) so I asked the cashier to hold my unloaded cards and went to the back of the line for the second transaction.
Old Mar 8, 2014, 6:42 am

I wish I knew what Kate looked like. She sounds hot.
Old Mar 8, 2014, 6:50 am

Programs: AA, DL, WN, HHonors Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott, Hyatt
Originally Posted by nuclfusion
I wish I knew what Kate looked like. She sounds hot.
She is hot, but very temperamental.
Old Mar 8, 2014, 7:24 am

Programs: AA-EXP, BAEC Silver, Hyatt-Globalist, Hilton-gold, SPG-gold
I usually stop and walk around the store for a few minutes. The one time I did not do this was when another MS was waiting. He had a stack of gift cards and he stood right behind me shuffling around and sighing like he was annoyed by the waiting. No way I was leaving for him. He eventually went to money center
Old Mar 8, 2014, 7:32 am

Programs: Several dozen
Be respectful of the poor huddled masses at WalMart for you are but a guest in the home where they live.

Originally Posted by iqbalt80
Usually if I see a line forming behind me, I finish my transaction and leave the area so others can use the machine as well. But lately, its been my experience that I have to wait a lot longer (20-30 mins) to get my turn, b/c the person using the machine wouldn't leave until he finished unloading all the GCs in his pocket with no regard to the line behind him.

Sometimes there are folks who just want to use the ATM to withdraw cash..

Thoughts? Ethical? etc etc
Old Mar 8, 2014, 7:39 am

Programs: DL-Polished Aluminum, Air Mobility Command-Chartreuse
Originally Posted by Travel22
She is hot, but very temperamental.
I have daydreams where Kate has a sister.
Old Mar 8, 2014, 8:06 am

Originally Posted by msp2anywhere
I have daydreams where Kate has a sister.
In mine, they're roommates and I'm they're landlord, and they can't pay their rent ...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.