Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Paying CC with MO

Search this Thread

Old Feb 28, 2014, 9:06 pm

Originally Posted by prasha11
There are so many pre-paid cards, hope some one here would identify one for BP to AmEx.
AccountNow - definitely

Maybe Netspend - ACH pull from AmEx website?
Old Mar 1, 2014, 2:35 pm

As others have mentioned, I'd be worried about a) mail being lost, and b) time it takes to post. Depositing via ATM, the funds are available the very next day for electronic payment.
Old Mar 1, 2014, 5:32 pm

tarcapone: yes, works for me.
Old Apr 3, 2014, 11:24 am

Originally Posted by skibum7732
I would never risk my relationship with Chase, much better ways to get rid of them. "They don't care" until one day they do care and it is to late and all cc's your are closed....oops
Originally Posted by Chris92128
Yeah but they c ould always close your account for high volume of spend. There is always risk no matter what.
So your argument is since you're already engaging in risky behavior (high spend) it won't hurt to increase your risk even more (pay off with MOs)?
Old Apr 3, 2014, 12:00 pm

Originally Posted by ctbarron
Counterpoint: Chase and USB did not find this amusing when I did it to them. The first time no issues. The 2nd time a phone call with an unhappy representative and the banks telling me they would process the MO's as a "non-standard" payment submission. They didn't say no or stop, but it seemed to be implied.
How long have you been doing MO to CC pay for with Chase? Is this the very first time you have done this? Maybe if they start seeing a pattern then it makes sense.
Old Apr 3, 2014, 4:14 pm

Programs: HH Gold (again), US/UA/DL non-elite, ZE Presidents Circle, WN reluctant no fee convert.
Originally Posted by ericdabbs
How long have you been doing MO to CC pay for with Chase? Is this the very first time you have done this? Maybe if they start seeing a pattern then it makes sense.
I do it on a regular basis. I believe that converting that MO to cash with an override does not reflect singularly to me or my account. Unless someone works at Chase, other reflections here are speculation, IMHO.

Here's why I do it. I buy under $1K MOs. I bank with Chase and the branches are numerous in my area. I alternate between deposits and payments.

I go in, present two cards and ask that the MO be split between accounts. The only real problem for them is if I ask to pay MORE than what they (at the branch) can confirm as being owed (the balance they see on the account). Pending charges are not covered in payments at the branch without supervisor approval (think that was covered here before).

I don't think there is a pattern seen unless I did it everyday. IF I felt I didn't want to be remembered doing the MO payments, I would just go to the other branch I pass on the way home.
Old Apr 4, 2014, 3:45 pm

Any idea whether it's possible to prepay your CC at a branch with an MO?
(I don't mean to close the statement with a negative balance, just to have a negative balance during the month to circumvence low CL)
Old Apr 4, 2014, 3:50 pm

Originally Posted by jan_believes
I do it on a regular basis. I believe that converting that MO to cash with an override does not reflect singularly to me or my account. Unless someone works at Chase, other reflections here are speculation, IMHO.

Here's why I do it. I buy under $1K MOs. I bank with Chase and the branches are numerous in my area. I alternate between deposits and payments.

I go in, present two cards and ask that the MO be split between accounts. The only real problem for them is if I ask to pay MORE than what they (at the branch) can confirm as being owed (the balance they see on the account). Pending charges are not covered in payments at the branch without supervisor approval (think that was covered here before).

I don't think there is a pattern seen unless I did it everyday. IF I felt I didn't want to be remembered doing the MO payments, I would just go to the other branch I pass on the way home.
It makes sense if pending charges aren't counted at the bank branch since they don't know if the merchant will update the price as most common at gas stations (after completing fuel up) and restaurants (after you add tip) which is why its best to wait until charges have been posted onto your account.
Old Apr 4, 2014, 8:54 pm

Programs: AGR, UA, AA
Originally Posted by raenye
Any idea whether it's possible to prepay your CC at a branch with an MO?
(I don't mean to close the statement with a negative balance, just to have a negative balance during the month to circumvence low CL)
I know someone did this with their Citi AA Exec Card. The credit posted same day which freed up credit line for more MS.
Old Jun 19, 2014, 6:22 am

Programs: AA EXP, IHG PLT, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Amtrak, WN
Could potentially be a stupid question, but...

Is it possible to pay CC with a Money Order WITHOUT including the remittance stub in the envelope (i.e. Just a money order in an envelope with account number on it)?
Old Jun 19, 2014, 7:17 am

Originally Posted by brewdog11
Could potentially be a stupid question, but...

Is it possible to pay CC with a Money Order WITHOUT including the remittance stub in the envelope (i.e. Just a money order in an envelope with account number on it)?
Print a copy of the remittance slip from your last statement from the card website. It might not be necessary but it makes me feel better when I include it.
Old Jun 19, 2014, 7:25 am

Programs: AA EXP, IHG PLT, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Amtrak, WN
Originally Posted by AFAM-DFW
Print a copy of the remittance slip from your last statement from the card website. It might not be necessary but it makes me feel better when I include it.
Alright, that's what I'll do! I didn't know if making copies would be acceptable or not, but it would make sense that it would be.

Thanks!!
Old Jun 19, 2014, 9:24 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum, M life Noir
Originally Posted by calwatch
I know someone did this with their Citi AA Exec Card. The credit posted same day which freed up credit line for more MS.
I've been paying all my Citi AA Exec cards by bringing MOs directly to the branch. Yes, the credit limit is freed up instantly.

I paid a few Chase credit cards via MO in branch but stopped after $6k out of an abundance of caution; Chase is too critical to my CC strategy to mess with them.
Old Jun 19, 2014, 9:42 am

Has anyone had trouble sending more than one MO at a time to Citi? I read through the payment terms and it just states Account # and last name must be on the MO. I figure if I include the slip, write in the total payment (from multiple MOs) ad include all min the envelope, it should be ok, but first-hand experiences are always appreciated before I mail off a few at once. Unfortunately, there is no branch anywhere near me...
Old Jun 19, 2014, 9:57 am

I strongly recommend against sending more than one MO at a time in an envelope. Banks have automated machinery designed to cut open the envelope, read the paper slip and check, and credit the account. If you put more than two slips of paper in there, human eyes will take a look at it, and they might think it's suspicious that there are multiple consecutive MOs for the same amount stuffed in an envelope.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.