Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Paying CC with MO

Search this Thread

Old Feb 28, 2014, 12:16 pm

Programs: AA, BA, CX, DL, EK, F9, GA, HA, IB, JL, KE, LH, MH, NH, OS, PG, QR, RJ, SA, TG, UA, VN, WN, ZH
Originally Posted by happy9zz
Use certified mail for safety.
@ $3.30 for each mailing, you can't scale up cost effectively.
Old Feb 28, 2014, 12:26 pm

Programs: United 1K, Globalist Hyatt, Plat Marriott
I always thought of MOs just like cash. No way i'd feel comfortable sending a few K in. Certified mail just makes it a hassle (for me). I do like the idea of going to a branch and doing it. Thanks FT.
Old Feb 28, 2014, 12:45 pm

Has anyone walked into a Chase bank and paid their Chase CC with MO?
Old Feb 28, 2014, 12:55 pm

Programs: Bunch of mid-tiers
Originally Posted by ctbarron
Counterpoint: Chase and USB did not find this amusing when I did it to them. The first time no issues. The 2nd time a phone call with an unhappy representative and the banks telling me they would process the MO's as a "non-standard" payment submission. They didn't say no or stop, but it seemed to be implied.
Just to follow up, I sent one MO at a time for the full statement amount. The amount of each MO was in the hundreds of dollars. I never figured out why this upset them. They do seem to have a way to differentiate a check from a MO.
Old Feb 28, 2014, 1:17 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ctbarron
Just to follow up, I sent one MO at a time for the full statement amount. The amount of each MO was in the hundreds of dollars. I never figured out why this upset them. They do seem to have a way to differentiate a check from a MO.
Did you mail it in with the payment slip?
Old Feb 28, 2014, 1:42 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by vinhboy
If you are using any Chase CCs for your MSing, Id stay clear of doing this even if you are paying off a different Chase CC that you dont MS with. Id hate to give Chase a reason to shut me down
Old Feb 28, 2014, 2:21 pm

Programs: Bunch of mid-tiers
Originally Posted by Chris92128
Did you mail it in with the payment slip?
Yes, just like a regular check.
Old Feb 28, 2014, 2:23 pm
Original Member

Originally Posted by prasha11
Why do U prefer MO over Bill pay?

Can U load funds to AmEx BB or Tmobile prepaid using MO and then use their bill pay feature?
I prefer BillPay but it is no longer an option for AMEX.

I mentioned the other credit card companies because I had sent them MOs before I knew about BillPay.

I did not know about BillPay when I used to send MOs to Chase. Perhaps it would have had a better result if I had.
Old Feb 28, 2014, 2:26 pm
Original Member

Originally Posted by mayday23
I always thought of MOs just like cash. No way i'd feel comfortable sending a few K in. Certified mail just makes it a hassle (for me). I do like the idea of going to a branch and doing it. Thanks FT.
Once it is made out, it can of course only be cashed by the payee.

As long as a person has the receipt and stub, the funds can be recovered. I have never had one get lost.
Old Feb 28, 2014, 2:49 pm

Originally Posted by Andy2
I prefer BillPay but it is no longer an option for AMEX.
There are so many pre-paid cards, hope some one here would identify one for BP to AmEx.
Old Feb 28, 2014, 2:58 pm

Originally Posted by craz
If you are using any Chase CCs for your MSing, Id stay clear of doing this even if you are paying off a different Chase CC that you dont MS with. Id hate to give Chase a reason to shut me down
I have a mortgage with them... Do they dare?
Old Feb 28, 2014, 3:50 pm

Did it multiple times, they really don't care, my statement shows "Branch Check", and each MO is listed as a separate transaction.
Originally Posted by vinhboy
Old Feb 28, 2014, 7:09 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA, UA, AS, DL, BA, F9, IHG Plat, HH Gold, CC Gold, SPG Gold, MR Silver
Originally Posted by compspy
Did it multiple times, they really don't care, my statement shows "Branch Check", and each MO is listed as a separate transaction.
I would never risk my relationship with Chase, much better ways to get rid of them. "They don't care" until one day they do care and it is to late and all cc's your are closed....oops
Old Feb 28, 2014, 8:20 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by skibum7732
I would never risk my relationship with Chase, much better ways to get rid of them. "They don't care" until one day they do care and it is to late and all cc's your are closed....oops
Yeah but they c ould always close your account for high volume of spend. There is always risk no matter what.
Old Feb 28, 2014, 8:56 pm

Programs: AA, TY, UR, UA, US, WN, MR, SPG
Can you send a bill payment check to your house but made payable to Chase/Citi etc for your CC payment? I pay in branch often, because it's next door to my work.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.