Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Is Vanilla Reload the best option?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 13, 2014, 12:55 pm
Original Poster

Is Vanilla Reload the best option for meeting minimum spending? I just recently opened a Chase Ink Plus and was able to buy $1000 at the CVS near my house. They seems to have plenty of them. I plan to apply for that Citi 100,000 points soon before the deal expire. I also have Amazon Payment to help me meet the minimum spending.
Old Feb 13, 2014, 1:32 pm

Programs: IHG Plat

best option is spending $ on stuff you need, that way there's no extra fee
Old Feb 13, 2014, 2:26 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by indelible
best option is spending $ on stuff you need, that way there's no extra fee
I'm using the card for cell phone and internet bills too. Use Bluebird to pay for mortage. Just want to meet the minimum before time runs out.
Old Feb 13, 2014, 4:16 pm

You can also use AP for $1k transfers per month.
Old Feb 13, 2014, 9:55 pm

Originally Posted by deadlycfx
Is Vanilla Reload the best option for meeting minimum spending? I just recently opened a Chase Ink Plus and was able to buy $1000 at the CVS near my house. They seems to have plenty of them. I plan to apply for that Citi 100,000 points soon before the deal expire. I also have Amazon Payment to help me meet the minimum spending.
If you have card that gives tons of options for 5x spending at office supply stores, why are you using it for 1x spending?
Old Feb 13, 2014, 10:19 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by darkeststar
If you have card that gives tons of options for 5x spending at office supply stores, why are you using it for 1x spending?
I was testing it out to see if it works. I'm planning to use the Citi Executive 100,00 for that now. I guess for that card, that might be the bet way, but I been reading about Topcash 3% buying Amex Gift Card. I guess you can buy the Amex and then buy the vanilla reload or Visa Gift card. I think that is how it works, but not sure yet.
Old Feb 13, 2014, 11:17 pm

I was testing it out to see if it works. I'm planning to use the Citi Executive 100,00 for that now. I guess for that card, that might be the bet way, but I been reading about Topcash 3% buying Amex Gift Card. I guess you can buy the Amex and then buy the vanilla reload or Visa Gift card. I think that is how it works, but not sure yet.
I advise you read a lot more before buying Amex GC with the Citi Exec. You're on the right track, just be sure to read before you make a huge purchase here ^
Old Feb 13, 2014, 11:20 pm

Programs: Delta PM | US PP | Hilton Gold
VR is probably 5th on my list. Too many free alternatives out there.
Old Feb 13, 2014, 11:37 pm

Programs: HH Gold (again), US/UA/DL non-elite, ZE Presidents Circle, WN reluctant no fee convert.
Originally Posted by john doe iii
VR is probably 5th on my list. Too many free alternatives out there.
Really? Do tell!

I have two free debits already and load VRs at cost. But, what is free other than Amazon Payments? Possibly Paypal? Obviously, others I haven't heard about.

TIA!
Old Feb 14, 2014, 12:07 am

Originally Posted by jan_believes
Really? Do tell!

I have two free debits already and load VRs at cost. But, what is free other than Amazon Payments? Possibly Paypal? Obviously, others I haven't heard about.

TIA!
+1.

I'd love to learn myself, especially because those naughty VRs don't like my climate.
Old Feb 14, 2014, 12:09 am

Programs: Delta PM | US PP | Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by jan_believes
Really? Do tell!

TIA!
SERVE for one. Get a few of them for you and fam. Load 1k a day at CVS x 4+.

Find Credit Unions in your area that you can join online and fund the initial opening deposit with cc. Max that out!
Old Feb 14, 2014, 7:42 am

SERVE for one. Get a few of them for you and fam. Load 1k a day at CVS x 4+.

Find Credit Unions in your area that you can join online and fund the initial opening deposit with cc. Max that out!
2 of 4 ain't a bad share. Could be better, but thanks.

Originally Posted by MaineCoon
+1.

I'd love to learn myself, especially because those naughty VRs don't like my climate.
Our ORD challenge is finding 'em.
Old Feb 14, 2014, 7:50 am

Programs: SPG Plat. Marriott Plat. Hilton Diamond. Hyatt Diamond. IHG Plat.
Originally Posted by zznoname
Our ORD challenge is finding 'em.
Come down to STL and help me find them.
Old Feb 14, 2014, 9:45 am

Why thou? If you can't get points or maybe you can... if it's not treated as CA.
Old Feb 14, 2014, 10:36 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by hitman1420
I advise you read a lot more before buying Amex GC with the Citi Exec. You're on the right track, just be sure to read before you make a huge purchase here ^
It seems buying Amex Gift cards from Topcash with Citi is considered cash advance. It seems Citi card is harder to MS than others.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.