FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Manufactured Spending (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending-719/)
-   -   Is Vanilla Reload the best option? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending/1551552-vanilla-reload-best-option.html)

deadlycfx Feb 13, 2014 12:55 pm

Is Vanilla Reload the best option?

Is Vanilla Reload the best option for meeting minimum spending? I just recently opened a Chase Ink Plus and was able to buy $1000 at the CVS near my house. They seems to have plenty of them. I plan to apply for that Citi 100,000 points soon before the deal expire. I also have Amazon Payment to help me meet the minimum spending.

indelible Feb 13, 2014 1:32 pm

Is Vanilla Reload the best option?

best option is spending $ on stuff you need, that way there's no extra fee

deadlycfx Feb 13, 2014 2:26 pm

Originally Posted by indelible (Post 22343471)
best option is spending $ on stuff you need, that way there's no extra fee

I'm using the card for cell phone and internet bills too. Use Bluebird to pay for mortage. Just want to meet the minimum before time runs out.

hambone47 Feb 13, 2014 4:16 pm

You can also use AP for $1k transfers per month.

darkeststar Feb 13, 2014 9:55 pm

Originally Posted by deadlycfx (Post 22343271)
Is Vanilla Reload the best option for meeting minimum spending? I just recently opened a Chase Ink Plus and was able to buy $1000 at the CVS near my house. They seems to have plenty of them. I plan to apply for that Citi 100,000 points soon before the deal expire. I also have Amazon Payment to help me meet the minimum spending.

If you have card that gives tons of options for 5x spending at office supply stores, why are you using it for 1x spending?

deadlycfx Feb 13, 2014 10:19 pm

Originally Posted by darkeststar (Post 22346088)
If you have card that gives tons of options for 5x spending at office supply stores, why are you using it for 1x spending?

I was testing it out to see if it works. I'm planning to use the Citi Executive 100,00 for that now. I guess for that card, that might be the bet way, but I been reading about Topcash 3% buying Amex Gift Card. I guess you can buy the Amex and then buy the vanilla reload or Visa Gift card. I think that is how it works, but not sure yet.

hitman1420 Feb 13, 2014 11:17 pm

Originally Posted by deadlycfx (Post 22346196)
I was testing it out to see if it works. I'm planning to use the Citi Executive 100,00 for that now. I guess for that card, that might be the bet way, but I been reading about Topcash 3% buying Amex Gift Card. I guess you can buy the Amex and then buy the vanilla reload or Visa Gift card. I think that is how it works, but not sure yet.

I advise you read a lot more before buying Amex GC with the Citi Exec. You're on the right track, just be sure to read before you make a huge purchase here ^

john doe iii Feb 13, 2014 11:20 pm

Originally Posted by deadlycfx (Post 22343271)

VR is probably 5th on my list. Too many free alternatives out there.

jan_believes Feb 13, 2014 11:37 pm

Originally Posted by john doe iii (Post 22346366)
VR is probably 5th on my list. Too many free alternatives out there.

Really? Do tell! :D

I have two free debits already and load VRs at cost. But, what is free other than Amazon Payments? Possibly Paypal? Obviously, others I haven't heard about. :eek:

TIA! :)

MaineCoon Feb 14, 2014 12:07 am

Originally Posted by jan_believes (Post 22346410)

I have two free debits already and load VRs at cost. But, what is free other than Amazon Payments? Possibly Paypal? Obviously, others I haven't heard about. :eek:

+1.

I'd love to learn myself, especially because those naughty VRs don't like my climate. :D

john doe iii Feb 14, 2014 12:09 am

Originally Posted by jan_believes (Post 22346410)

SERVE for one. Get a few of them for you and fam. Load 1k a day at CVS x 4+.

Find Credit Unions in your area that you can join online and fund the initial opening deposit with cc. Max that out!

zznoname Feb 14, 2014 7:42 am

Originally Posted by john doe iii (Post 22346492)
SERVE for one. Get a few of them for you and fam. Load 1k a day at CVS x 4+.

Find Credit Unions in your area that you can join online and fund the initial opening deposit with cc. Max that out!

2 of 4 ain't a bad share. Could be better, but thanks.

Originally Posted by MaineCoon (Post 22346488)
+1.

I'd love to learn myself, especially because those naughty VRs don't like my climate. :D

Our ORD challenge is finding 'em.

f0xx Feb 14, 2014 7:50 am

Originally Posted by zznoname (Post 22347773)
Our ORD challenge is finding 'em.

Come down to STL and help me find them. ;)

aGeist Feb 14, 2014 9:45 am

Originally Posted by john doe iii (Post 22346492)

Why thou? If you can't get points or maybe you can... if it's not treated as CA.

deadlycfx Feb 14, 2014 10:36 am

Originally Posted by hitman1420 (Post 22346360)
I advise you read a lot more before buying Amex GC with the Citi Exec. You're on the right track, just be sure to read before you make a huge purchase here ^

It seems buying Amex Gift cards from Topcash with Citi is considered cash advance. It seems Citi card is harder to MS than others.