FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Manufactured Spending (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending-719/)
-   -   Is Vanilla Reload the best option? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending/1551552-vanilla-reload-best-option.html)

silver6054 Feb 14, 2014 10:45 am

Originally Posted by deadlycfx (Post 22348793)
It seems Citi card is harder to MS than others.

Unless it is the 5x TYP!

Carter29072 Feb 14, 2014 4:48 pm

I bought a vr today at CVS and when I scratched off the silver, the number is barely readable (the first half). I have tried every combination. What do I do? What is my recourse? TIA

Chris92128 Feb 14, 2014 5:03 pm

Vanilla reloads aren't that great for me since I can get gift cards for no fee through cash back portals online. I usually just order a bunch at the beginning of the week and then hit up the Wal-Mart's to drain them on the weekend as they usually arrive by then. I have 10 Wal-Mart's within 25 miles of me so life is good.

zznoname Feb 15, 2014 6:28 am

Originally Posted by Carter29072 (Post 22350809)
I bought a vr today at CVS and when I scratched off the silver, the number is barely readable (the first half). I have tried every combination. What do I do? What is my recourse? TIA

VR CS has easily, and repeatedly been able to transfer my VR money to MyVanilla Debit Card (MVD) using the serial numbers and 6 of the 10 pin numbers.

You are allowed to transfer up to 5 VR per day on to MVD. That's a max of $2,500.

VR CS will also quickly tell you if the VR is active. Meaning, money on the card.

I guess they would be able to transfer VR money to any debit card in the program.

Of course, when you call in to VR CS, it's better to have the debit cards you choose, and that work with VR, handy.

AlohaDaveKennedy Feb 15, 2014 7:37 am

Always best to Chase down such opportunities and never look for them in the Citi.:cool:

Originally Posted by aGeist (Post 22348472)
Why thou? If you can't get points or maybe you can... if it's not treated as CA.

zznoname Feb 15, 2014 7:44 am

Originally Posted by Chris92128 (Post 22350877)
Vanilla reloads aren't that great for me since I can get gift cards for no fee through cash back portals online. I usually just order a bunch at the beginning of the week and then hit up the Wal-Mart's to drain them on the weekend as they usually arrive by then. I have 10 Wal-Mart's within 25 miles of me so life is good.

I'd sure like to know more specifics of your project.

You're buying GC with no fee at what website and what cards?
Your adding CC money to the GC online and cashing out at Walmart?
Does Walmart have money order limits?

Thanks.

aGeist Feb 17, 2014 6:07 pm

Depositing a lot of money orders in a bank account just seems like they would start asking questions quick. hum

skibum7732 Feb 18, 2014 3:10 am

Originally Posted by john doe iii (Post 22346492)
SERVE for one. Get a few of them for you and fam. Load 1k a day at CVS x 4+.

Find Credit Unions in your area that you can join online and fund the initial opening deposit with cc. Max that out!

one issue...you cannot have serve and the bird

f0xx Feb 18, 2014 4:30 am

Originally Posted by skibum7732 (Post 22369045)
one issue...you cannot have serve and the bird

Have someone sign up and add you as a sub account. :eek:
Now you have both. ;)

healthnut Feb 18, 2014 7:13 am

Originally Posted by aGeist (Post 22367112)
Depositing a lot of money orders in a bank account just seems like they would start asking questions quick. hum

Have multiple bank accounts. There's a thread on which banks seem to be the most relaxed with MO's.

PaulMSN Feb 18, 2014 10:22 am

Originally Posted by aGeist (Post 22367112)

It depends on the bank and your relationship with it. I deposit anywhere for $5K-8K each week at my CU. They haven't raised an eyebrow since early on last summer. But I've had accounts there for 40 years.

toxicity Feb 18, 2014 10:38 am

Originally Posted by john doe iii (Post 22346492)
SERVE for one. Get a few of them for you and fam. Load 1k a day at CVS x 4+.

Find Credit Unions in your area that you can join online and fund the initial opening deposit with cc. Max that out!

The limit per month for CC load is $1k per card though, no?

john doe iii Feb 18, 2014 10:59 am

Originally Posted by toxicity (Post 22370960)
The limit per month for CC load is $1k per card though, no?

CC loads at CVS count towards cash loads.

toxicity Feb 18, 2014 11:36 am

Originally Posted by john doe iii (Post 22371080)
CC loads at CVS count towards cash loads.

Really? So you can do the full $5k with no fee swipes?

silver4300 Feb 18, 2014 11:48 am

Originally Posted by f0xx (Post 22369186)
Have someone sign up and add you as a sub account. :eek:
Now you have both. ;)

OK, but that doesn't increase the monthly limit, does it?

I have a Bluebird account under my SO's name. If I add myself as a subaccount, is the monthly max still $5,000 across both names or does it get bumped up to $10,000 monthly limit.

If the monthly limit doesn't increase, I don't see the use of adding a sub account.