Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 9, 2014, 10:37 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: sechs
Please read the wiki before posting a question.

2/25/2015 - Single payment limit raised to $2999 when using credit or debit cards. Maximum payments per calendar month per individual biller account raised from 1 to 4.

2/18/2015 - Beginning next week, certain debit cards from smaller banks, as well as prepaid debit cards and gift cards will be subject to a 3 percent Bill Pay Fee on each payment.

Evolve now accepts Discover, Visa and Mastercard credit cards with 3% fee.

Debit Cards Not Charged the 3% Fee:
  • Insert here
  • US Bank (but not prepaid)

Transaction Limits:
http://www.evolvemoney.com/transaction-limits/

Daily dollar limits include:
  • $2,999.00 in payments funded by a debit card and/or credit card
  • $999.00 in payments funded by a cash load pack

Individual bill pay dollar limits include:
  • $2999.00 for a single bill funded by a debit card and/or credit card
  • $999.00 for a single bill funded by a cash load pack

Monthly payment limits include:
  • 4 payments per month using a credit or debit card within the dollar limits listed above.
  • Unlimited number of payments per month using a cash load pack within the dollar limits listed above.
  • Maximum of $10,000 total payments per month for credit, debit, and cash load packs combined.

The limits are based on charge date, not payment date.

There are currently no credit cards that can be paid via Evolve.

Tips for Using Evolve
  • No need to register your debit card
  • If your transaction does not go through, you will have to wait for the authorization to fall off your card
  • Using multiple Evolve accounts paying the same biller may lead to your biller being permanently blocked
  • If using GCs with the new scheduling feature, it is important to schedule in such a way that it says your card will be charged today (not on a future date) to prevent a decline; and if you want to avoid the Express Pay fee this also means typically scheduling a few days out (click each date to find one without the fee but still charges your card today).

Mortgages Section
Let us know if payments auto apply to principal or if you have to call

Bank of America: After making 4 payments over the weekend you MUST call (or use online banking messaging) to allocate funds to the regular payment - by default it goes to principal.

Central Mortgage: Appears to go to additional principal payment. YMMV

Chase: Payments with JPMorgan have to fall within a ~5-day window in order for them to be unallocated, otherwise they go to principal. Your window depends on the billing date (usually the 1st of the month). If so, the window is until the 5th, so using Evolve, you have to allow for the payment to post and have it post between ~the 1st and the 5th. PITA

Citi: Made two payments near the end of the month and these were originally "unapplied" and labeled as "additional funds received". A day or two afterwards they moved to principal payments. A quick call to Citi had the payments moved from principal to make up my monthly mortgage payment.

Nationstar Mortgage: Payment applied as an "Additional principal payment" if you sent before the 1st of the month. If you pay after the first, the payment is held until you submit the full payment amount, and then the whole thing is applied to your monthly payment.

PNC: Partial payments will be held aside until payment in full is made. They will send a letter.

Provident Funding: Does not accept partial payments. After month's mortgage is paid, accepts Evolve a additional principal payments.

US Bank: Made 4 payments in June; after a couple of days, payments moved from principal payment to applying to monthly payment w/o a call

Wells Fargo: Two $500 payments day 1, One $500 payment day 2 going over the actual mortgage payment amount due. The payment automatically combined itself to pay the exact amount due once the Third hit. Any amount that was overpaid subsequently went towards principal. Nice to not have to send in the Exact amount, if you don't mind paying some extra principal.

"If you have any problems with gift cards please send us an email at support [at] evolvemoney.com" [Source: AlexAtEvolveMoney]
Print Wikipost

Evolve Money

Search this Thread

Old Feb 7, 2014, 9:04 am

That's annoying. Hopefully Evolve doesn't shut things down, I've been using the service to pay off student loan debt that I have been paying with BB anyway, however it's much nicer to skip the intermediary steps and directly pay the loan from a debit card and earn the rewards. It's encouraging me to put MS profits towards long term debt, and still reach my travel goals.
Old Feb 7, 2014, 3:39 pm

A bit about Evolve Money

Hello - my name is Alex and I'm with Evolve Money. I wanted to introduce myself and give people on this forum a bit more information about Evolve Money, our philosophy and our goals. I spent some time chatting with TFF over at FrequentFlyerBook.com this morning and wanted to share with you a bit about why readers of his blog and this forum are so important to us.

Who Built Evolve Money
Evolve Money is a brand of PreCash Inc. PreCash has developed bill payment solutions for over 15 years, and serves over 3 million consumers every month while providing bill payment services to thousands of financial institutions and tens of thousands of retail establishments.

Why We Built Evolve Money
We believe that people deserve a better way to pay their bills - on their computer and their mobile phone. A way that is faster, more convenient and less expensive than banks and alternatives. You also deserve to choose how, when and with what you want to pay them. So we built Evolve Money to put control of how and when you pay your bills back in YOUR hands.

Methods of Payment
Evolve Money is for everyone. That's why we happily offer customers the opportunity to pay with cash (through Reloadit, Evolve Pay Bucks, more coming soon), debit cards (including rewards), prepaid debit cards and even those gift cards that are rattling around in a drawer in your kitchen. If you find a debit card with rewards and want to pay your gas bill or mortgage - go for it.

It sounds like people on this forum find Evolve Money very useful for paying all of their bills. All we ask is that you don't abuse the system by trying to "churn" money - it doesn't help us, the service providers and institutions we provide payments for. And most importantly, it doesn't help you. In the long run, all financial institutions are required to share information and these kind of activities can get you in hot water. Not to mention that there may be tax implications when paying into financial institutions. Keep it to paying your regular bills like mortgage, gas, water, electricity, car loan, insurance, cable, wireless, internet and others like that and you'll be fine.

Evolve Money is here to stay and our commitment to you is that we will offer you the ability to pay as many bills as we can (we are adding over 500 new ones soon) while providing you the choice to use as many payment methods as we can add. If you can pay it somewhere else we want to make sure you can pay it with us. Also, paying standard bills will continue to be free and you will always have the option of paying many of your bills on the same day for a fee. That's our model. Our "special sauce" allows us to deliver all these payments for a lot less than our competitors and banks so you can feel comfortable that we'll be sticking around.

What do we ask in return?
Simple - just let us know what you think. What you like and don't you like from Evolve Money. How can we improve it? Are we missing any bills you would like to pay? Just let us know on our feedback form here https://www.evolvemoney.com/feedback.html and we will do our best to provide you an even better service. Just please avoid abusing the system - pay your everyday bills with us.

Oh yeah - we'll have a lot to announce in the coming months including paying credit cards, payment scheduling, a redesign and a lot of new features. Don't forget to like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter to keep up with our announcements. We are at www.facebook.com/EvolveMoney and @EvolveMoney on Twitter.

Feel free to post any questions and I'll try to answer them over the next few days.

-Alex

Last edited by AlexAtEvolveMoney; Feb 7, 2014 at 4:03 pm
Old Feb 7, 2014, 7:26 pm

Programs: A few
Welcome, AlexAtEvolveMoney. Be ready for a lot of questions
Old Feb 7, 2014, 7:32 pm

Programs: Hilton C, Marriott Pt, Delta Pt
Speechless...
Welcome to FT!!!
I hope your employer is as cool as you are about coming to social media.
Old Feb 7, 2014, 7:37 pm

Hi AlexAtEvolveMoney. Thanks for joining us. Many mortgage payments are more than $1,000. Do you have plans to allow more than $1,000/day to a single biller? I'm hesitant to split my mortgage payment because of other reports of the split payments not being applied correctly, or being applied to the principal balance.

Thanks in advance.
Old Feb 7, 2014, 7:37 pm

Programs: Plat IHG, Marriott Rewards Silver, CSP, Ink Bold, USDM, *Wood Gold, AA, Club Carl
Alex,
Welcome to Flyertalk.

How does your company make money?

Warm regards,
VS

Originally Posted by AlexAtEvolveMoney
Hello - my name is Alex and I'm with Evolve Money. I wanted to introduce myself and give people on this forum a bit more information about Evolve Money, our philosophy and our goals. I spent some time chatting with TFF over at FrequentFlyerBook.com this morning and wanted to share with you a bit about why readers of his blog and this forum are so important to us.

Who Built Evolve Money
Evolve Money is a brand of PreCash Inc. PreCash has developed bill payment solutions for over 15 years, and serves over 3 million consumers every month while providing bill payment services to thousands of financial institutions and tens of thousands of retail establishments.

Why We Built Evolve Money
We believe that people deserve a better way to pay their bills - on their computer and their mobile phone. A way that is faster, more convenient and less expensive than banks and alternatives. You also deserve to choose how, when and with what you want to pay them. So we built Evolve Money to put control of how and when you pay your bills back in YOUR hands.

Methods of Payment
Evolve Money is for everyone. That's why we happily offer customers the opportunity to pay with cash (through Reloadit, Evolve Pay Bucks, more coming soon), debit cards (including rewards), prepaid debit cards and even those gift cards that are rattling around in a drawer in your kitchen. If you find a debit card with rewards and want to pay your gas bill or mortgage - go for it.

It sounds like people on this forum find Evolve Money very useful for paying all of their bills. All we ask is that you don't abuse the system by trying to "churn" money - it doesn't help us, the service providers and institutions we provide payments for. And most importantly, it doesn't help you. In the long run, all financial institutions are required to share information and these kind of activities can get you in hot water. Not to mention that there may be tax implications when paying into financial institutions. Keep it to paying your regular bills like mortgage, gas, water, electricity, car loan, insurance, cable, wireless, internet and others like that and you'll be fine.

Evolve Money is here to stay and our commitment to you is that we will offer you the ability to pay as many bills as we can (we are adding over 500 new ones soon) while providing you the choice to use as many payment methods as we can add. If you can pay it somewhere else we want to make sure you can pay it with us. Also, paying standard bills will continue to be free and you will always have the option of paying many of your bills on the same day for a fee. That's our model. Our "special sauce" allows us to deliver all these payments for a lot less than our competitors and banks so you can feel comfortable that we'll be sticking around.

What do we ask in return?
Simple - just let us know what you think. What you like and don't you like from Evolve Money. How can we improve it? Are we missing any bills you would like to pay? Just let us know on our feedback form here https://www.evolvemoney.com/feedback.html and we will do our best to provide you an even better service. Just please avoid abusing the system - pay your everyday bills with us.

Oh yeah - we'll have a lot to announce in the coming months including paying credit cards, payment scheduling, a redesign and a lot of new features. Don't forget to like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter to keep up with our announcements. We are at www.facebook.com/EvolveMoney and @EvolveMoney on Twitter.

Feel free to post any questions and I'll try to answer them over the next few days.

-Alex
Old Feb 7, 2014, 8:04 pm

-Alex
Alex,

Could you call American Express, Chase, Citi, US Bank, Bank Corp, and give them all a lesson in PR?
Im serious?

For once a company acknowledges a situation properly and approaches it through correct channels instead of blasting frivolous lawsuits.

Kudos to you and Evolve Money. Seriously, as a small business owner myself, I personally appreciate that someone is sane in the business world.

Last edited by xoxx; Feb 7, 2014 at 8:14 pm
Old Feb 7, 2014, 8:08 pm

Is there a way to look at all their Billay pay merchants before signing up for the service? I don't want to sign up for the service unless I know I can make use of it.
Old Feb 7, 2014, 8:08 pm

Programs: Hilton C, Marriott Pt, Delta Pt
I'm sure we want to quote his post for future reference but once is enough.
Please refrain from quoting a long post.
Old Feb 7, 2014, 8:09 pm

Alex@EvolveMoney,

Since you know our community does everyday spending at grocery stores, office supply stores, drugstores and gas stations, does that mean your company is okay with customers using prepaid debit cards to pay off their credit card bills when that functionality is allowed?

Thanks for your participation.
Old Feb 7, 2014, 8:12 pm

Alex,

One last thing I would like for you to send to your uppers.
Have you ever seen the people at walmart? You know how sometimes people are lazy and leave their shopping carts in the middle of the handicap spot?
Well the majority of those people are also standing in line at the money center to make bill payments to various credit cards.

What I am getting at is, I think evolve money could make some serious profits with offering an online FEE based bill payment system to major CC companies. Me and the other lazy people at Walmart would have no need to go there and could do everything from home. I personally would be glad to pay $2-3 per payment + send in a copy of my Drivers license, have a soft credit check,etc to verify my identity.

Make sure someone with decision power at evolve money sees this please:
I think the vast majority of people would be thrilled to have the opportunity to make payments to a major cc company, AND would be willing to pay a small fee to avoid Welfare-Mart.
Old Feb 7, 2014, 8:13 pm

Programs: AA P4L, WN, BA, DL, UA, HHonors, IHG
...Keep it to paying your regular bills like mortgage, gas, water, electricity, car loan, insurance, cable, wireless, internet and others like that and you'll be fine.
-Alex
Is it likely that the $1000 payment limit could be raised for mortgage payments?
Old Feb 7, 2014, 8:43 pm

Actually the $1000 payment limit really seems to be $999 which proved to be a minor nuisance to me recently. And I want to second wanting to see the limit raised from $1000(or $999 as the case seems to be).

Originally Posted by Middle_Seat
Is it likely that the $1000 payment limit could be raised for mortgage payments?
Old Feb 7, 2014, 8:47 pm

Thank you, Alex, for coming on this forum and offering to engage in a forthright conversation about how we can work together. I find that many people on this forum are pushing the envelop - not about gaming the system, but about ushering in a new system that is more efficient. We are all like little economies, probing for a better way to grow, and a more efficient way to bring our goods to market. We seek to do so with higher velocity as well.

I see organizations like yours, and Simple, and Bluebird, and perhaps TD as bringing a fresh new look to a very staid business... very much on the edge. Google Wallet could have blown the door open, but they failed to see that cash is on the way out as a medium. If I could ask one thing for you and your company to consider, it would be to be as creative and flexible as possible about avenues to load as well as transact.

This forum can be seen as capitalism in its ugliest form, or in its most pure form. Either way, it cannot be said that we are not an economic multiplier.
Old Feb 7, 2014, 9:03 pm

I've posted a few answers but its taking a bit to make it onto the forum. Here are a few more...

Taking a look at our list of service providers
You can do this one of two ways. Either create an account (all you need is an email and phone number). There is no obligation or commitment. You can search for billers that way. Another option is to go to EvolveMoney.com and use the "Guest" feature. It will allow you to look at service providers. You can also make a single payment if you just want to check it out. Keep in mind that "Guest" has lower limits than a registered account.

Credit Card payments
Unfortunately I don't have much more to share here except that we are working on getting these into Evolve Money soon. There definitely will be some restrictions but we hope everyone will be happy with our solution. More on that as we start to roll it out later this year. Follow our Twitter @EvolveMoney feed and we'll send out updates as we go along.

xoxx - Thanks for the kudos. We just want to make sure our product helps people simplify their lives so they can spend more time doing the things they love and less time paying bills. We'll work on that CC project for ya.

Not sure why one of my posts didn't go through but let me address the $1,000 limit. We are absolutely planning on raising it for specific providers like mortgages and depending on payment type (cash vs. debit). We are working on adding a lot of new features in the next couple of months however raising the limit should not be too far behind.

For now, I suggest you always consult your mortgage contract/agreement and talk to your lender. Many mortgages allow you to make early or off-cycle payments without penalty but the only way of knowing that is to contact your lender directly.

Last edited by tcook052; Feb 7, 2014 at 9:57 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.