Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 9, 2014, 10:37 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: sechs
Please read the wiki before posting a question.

2/25/2015 - Single payment limit raised to $2999 when using credit or debit cards. Maximum payments per calendar month per individual biller account raised from 1 to 4.

2/18/2015 - Beginning next week, certain debit cards from smaller banks, as well as prepaid debit cards and gift cards will be subject to a 3 percent Bill Pay Fee on each payment.

Evolve now accepts Discover, Visa and Mastercard credit cards with 3% fee.

Debit Cards Not Charged the 3% Fee:
  • Insert here
  • US Bank (but not prepaid)

Transaction Limits:
http://www.evolvemoney.com/transaction-limits/

Daily dollar limits include:
  • $2,999.00 in payments funded by a debit card and/or credit card
  • $999.00 in payments funded by a cash load pack

Individual bill pay dollar limits include:
  • $2999.00 for a single bill funded by a debit card and/or credit card
  • $999.00 for a single bill funded by a cash load pack

Monthly payment limits include:
  • 4 payments per month using a credit or debit card within the dollar limits listed above.
  • Unlimited number of payments per month using a cash load pack within the dollar limits listed above.
  • Maximum of $10,000 total payments per month for credit, debit, and cash load packs combined.

The limits are based on charge date, not payment date.

There are currently no credit cards that can be paid via Evolve.

Tips for Using Evolve
  • No need to register your debit card
  • If your transaction does not go through, you will have to wait for the authorization to fall off your card
  • Using multiple Evolve accounts paying the same biller may lead to your biller being permanently blocked
  • If using GCs with the new scheduling feature, it is important to schedule in such a way that it says your card will be charged today (not on a future date) to prevent a decline; and if you want to avoid the Express Pay fee this also means typically scheduling a few days out (click each date to find one without the fee but still charges your card today).

Mortgages Section
Let us know if payments auto apply to principal or if you have to call

Bank of America: After making 4 payments over the weekend you MUST call (or use online banking messaging) to allocate funds to the regular payment - by default it goes to principal.

Central Mortgage: Appears to go to additional principal payment. YMMV

Chase: Payments with JPMorgan have to fall within a ~5-day window in order for them to be unallocated, otherwise they go to principal. Your window depends on the billing date (usually the 1st of the month). If so, the window is until the 5th, so using Evolve, you have to allow for the payment to post and have it post between ~the 1st and the 5th. PITA

Citi: Made two payments near the end of the month and these were originally "unapplied" and labeled as "additional funds received". A day or two afterwards they moved to principal payments. A quick call to Citi had the payments moved from principal to make up my monthly mortgage payment.

Nationstar Mortgage: Payment applied as an "Additional principal payment" if you sent before the 1st of the month. If you pay after the first, the payment is held until you submit the full payment amount, and then the whole thing is applied to your monthly payment.

PNC: Partial payments will be held aside until payment in full is made. They will send a letter.

Provident Funding: Does not accept partial payments. After month's mortgage is paid, accepts Evolve a additional principal payments.

US Bank: Made 4 payments in June; after a couple of days, payments moved from principal payment to applying to monthly payment w/o a call

Wells Fargo: Two $500 payments day 1, One $500 payment day 2 going over the actual mortgage payment amount due. The payment automatically combined itself to pay the exact amount due once the Third hit. Any amount that was overpaid subsequently went towards principal. Nice to not have to send in the Exact amount, if you don't mind paying some extra principal.

"If you have any problems with gift cards please send us an email at support [at] evolvemoney.com" [Source: AlexAtEvolveMoney]
Print Wikipost

Evolve Money

Search this Thread

Old Jun 5, 2014, 8:00 am

Originally Posted by Squeezer
Anyone able to verify this?

http://www.reddit.com/r/churning/com...out_bb/chylytp

Ok I told myself I wouldn't post my super secret method in public... but I am feeling generous.
Simply contact Evolve and ask them to set you up as a payable bill. You can now use your card to send yourself payments! If Evolve insists they can't do this, just ask to speak to "Eric" the supervisor. He'll hook you up.
Edit: I have received numerous threats from users that don't want this ruined. I refuse to take this down, the world deserves to have the best MS possible!
Is the $20k AND 200 transaction requirement for 1099 confirmed? I remember reading about it on the AP thread but want to make sure that's right.
Old Jun 5, 2014, 8:05 am

Programs: US Airways Gold, Marriott Platinum, SW A List
Originally Posted by DaveInLA
Is the $20k AND 200 transaction requirement for 1099 confirmed? I remember reading about it on the AP thread but want to make sure that's right.
That is the requirement, but others have reported the 1099 being sent by Paypal or AP with less volume. That is just when they are required to send it but they can send it at less or if one of the two is hit.
Old Jun 5, 2014, 8:07 am

Sounds like structuring to me if your going to avoid reporting requirements by posting just below this total. Just a thought. I was told I had to be set up as a business by evolve so not sure if you guys are registered businesses.
Old Jun 5, 2014, 8:09 am

Originally Posted by rrgg
worldtravels, Your message is a little vague. Is Wells Fargo limiting you to
  1. 4 payments of any kind per month (very unlikely), or
  2. 4 Evolve payments to Wells Fargo per month, or
  3. 4 Evolve payments per payee per month, or
  4. 4 total Evolve payments per month of any kind?
hamokmonky, Please consider stopping your 30+ payments to a single payer per month! That's a sure fire way to get someone to re-evaluate Evolve, either on their end or the other. We all want more golden eggs here.
Oh please, its not like its an every day occurance. Its not my fault that evolve limits transactions per day to 1K. Its not my fault that they are not reliable in delivering or processing multiple payments of the same value and therefore we must differentiate our payments to 200, 190, 180, 20 and 10 etc.... and lastly, Im paying a real bill, and not trying to cheat any kind of system. If anything is going to ruin evolve its the people who are trying to cycle money or pay with something other than a debit card....4 payments does not cover the amount of mortgage I pay every month so evolve has clearly decided that they are not supportive of gift card usage, like I called from day 1 that they would eventually figure that out.
Old Jun 5, 2014, 8:10 am
Suspended

http://www.irs.gov/Businesses/New-10...ement-Entities
Old Jun 5, 2014, 8:10 am

Originally Posted by milesbroker
Sounds like structuring to me if your going to avoid reporting requirements by posting just below this total. Just a thought
Structuring is clearly defined. And this has nothing to do with structuring
Old Jun 5, 2014, 8:27 am

Originally Posted by tuppy
for those who have setup multiple accounts successfully, did you use different mobile phone numbers?
Nope.
Old Jun 5, 2014, 8:43 am

Originally Posted by unkinected
Nope.
Assuming the 4 transaction requirement starting in July is per person PER account, I'd like to create multiple accounts. I have 2 WF mortgages to pay, both under $2K. Right now I'm using $200 gift cards, but I'll probably change to $500 cards. I could then pay both mortgages with 4 or fewer transactions. I've heard of Evolve shutting down accounts (or at least issuing warnings) to people who used multiple Evolve accounts to pay the same payee account. Any reports of shutdowns for multiple Evolve accounts using the same phone number? If so, I can just use my wife's cell phone, I guess.
Old Jun 5, 2014, 8:45 am

Programs: US Airways Gold, Marriott Platinum, SW A List
Assuming the 4 transaction requirement starting in July is per person PER account, I'd like to create multiple accounts. I have 2 WF mortgages to pay, both under $2K. Right now I'm using $200 gift cards, but I'll probably change to $500 cards. I could then pay both mortgages with 4 or fewer transactions. I've heard of Evolve shutting down accounts (or at least issuing warnings) to people who used multiple Evolve accounts to pay the same payee account. Any reports of shutdowns for multiple Evolve accounts using the same phone number? If so, I can just use my wife's cell phone, I guess.
I assume it is per payee account, not per Evolve Account. They will lock it down if they want to.

And yes, there have been reports of shutdowns from multiple accounts.
Old Jun 5, 2014, 8:50 am

Anybody successfully pay a bill in someone else's name? That is, using my Evolve to pay a bill in my wife's name. Same address. I know this can be done with Serve/BB, but I don't remember seeing it with Evolve.
Old Jun 5, 2014, 9:00 am

Anybody successfully pay a bill in someone else's name? That is, using my Evolve to pay a bill in my wife's name. Same address. I know this can be done with Serve/BB, but I don't remember seeing it with Evolve.
Well considering you don't use your name to register for an Evolve account, what is the difference? They only ask for phone number and email.
Old Jun 5, 2014, 9:17 am

Programs: SkyMiles Gold, AA Plat, UA Gold
It will be interesting to see how the shutdowns go down. I've had one payee account get shutdown but am allowed to continue to make payments to others. This was a legitimate bill that I was paying but the transaction size for May was quite large. But I agree with hamokmonky. So other than AP, WM and MO, other ideas to liquidate VGCs?

Originally Posted by hamokmonky
evolve has clearly decided that they are not supportive of gift card usage, like I called from day 1 that they would eventually figure that out.
Old Jun 5, 2014, 9:36 am

It will be interesting to see how the shutdowns go down. I've had one payee account get shutdown but am allowed to continue to make payments to others. This was a legitimate bill that I was paying but the transaction size for May was quite large. But I agree with hamokmonky. So other than AP, WM and MO, other ideas to liquidate VGCs?
Old Jun 5, 2014, 9:46 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist No More..., Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Does your WM reference include billpay, money order, and BB/Serve?
Old Jun 5, 2014, 9:49 am

Programs: SkyMiles Gold, AA Plat, UA Gold
Originally Posted by cdancer20
Does your WM reference include billpay, money order, and BB/Serve?
yeah, for some of us, notably those who live in NYC, the WM opportunities are not readily available.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.