FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Manufactured Spending (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending-719/)
-   -   Vanilla Reloads! (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending/1538688-vanilla-reloads.html)

commdiver Aug 16, 2014 8:45 am

Sorry, but what is "-4"?

tweedlet Aug 16, 2014 8:52 am

Originally Posted by agharaibeh (Post 23373291)
That's kinda like sayee where ya gold chest ARRRRRRR

I lol'd at this.

sanctified50 Aug 16, 2014 8:55 am

Originally Posted by commdiver (Post 23373332)
Sorry, but what is "-4"?

7-11

heyeaglefn Aug 16, 2014 9:27 am

Originally Posted by agharaibeh (Post 23373291)
That's kinda like sayee where ya gold chest ARRRRRRR

Then why even start a thread like this?

beyond986 Aug 16, 2014 9:37 am

99.99% of the chance that we are not at the same hunting zone, so the poster's gold chest is safe and steady. Guaranteed.

jan_believes Aug 16, 2014 9:45 am

There is always hope.

If I get enough nerve to go back and try again, I will post again. Thanks for the encouraging posts.

I have two travel charges on my Arrival motivating me but it's best to tread kindly and carefully.

Please don't fill my box with PMs. Thanks. :)

goblue77 Aug 16, 2014 9:47 am

i'm impressed with OP and members of this forum. where there's a will, there's a way.

rismoney Aug 16, 2014 10:39 am

what state are you in? in NY here, LI in particular, I have been to dozens and dozens of RA, CVS.
Have never seen a valero or sunoco sell them out here.

everytime i drive, and i see one i haven't been to, I stop, and its the same story. I suspect other parts of the country they are much easier to come by, due to the reduced fraud levels in less dense areas.

jan_believes Aug 16, 2014 11:57 am

Originally Posted by Mamibear (Post 23372908)
I'll load my Emerald with this if I can find them in a truck stop this weekend.

You know, I played that truck stop game on my last trip out of state (in KY) when I used some time I shouldn't have and, the gas I had to replace! I read where certain items worked there for somebody here on FT.

Didn't work. Was so discouraged, I skipped one because I just couldn't ask anymore. I made a circular trip and started my return.

Later I was making a call to Hertz HLE and misdialed and got the store I passed across from the truck stop. I said, something like, wait, before I hang up, do you guys accept CCs for ....? He assured me they did, he was the store supervisor, and I drove back out next day, thinking this was meant to be because of a wrong number. Unbelievable.

Of course, the register said "NO!".

But, I hope you find what you want. :)

jedck Aug 16, 2014 1:28 pm

I had a great lunch today.

Not telling what I made, how I made it, or where to get the ingredients, but I thought you guys should know, and so I'm posting about it here.

Mamibear Aug 16, 2014 1:53 pm

Originally Posted by jan_believes (Post 23374031)
You know, I played that truck stop game on my last trip out of state (in KY) when I used some time I shouldn't have and, the gas I had to replace! I read where certain items worked there for somebody here on FT.

Didn't work. Was so discouraged, I skipped one because I just couldn't ask anymore. I made a circular trip and started my return.

Later I was making a call to Hertz HLE and misdialed and got the store I passed across from the truck stop. I said, something like, wait, before I hang up, do you guy accept CCs for ....? He assured me they did, he was the store supervisor, and I drove back out next day, thinking this was meant to be because of a wrong number. Unbelievable.

Of course, the register said "NO!".

But, I hope you find what you want. :)

Thanks for the positive wishes. I have learned that in MSing, I have to think outside the box and to always be pleasant whether the clerk is grouchy or not. I get what I want with this attitude rather than have a sense of entitlement. btw, today is my lucky day since I found them in a busy FJ.

TTnC4me Aug 16, 2014 2:09 pm

Originally Posted by heyeaglefn (Post 23373470)
Then why even start a thread like this?

^

Originally Posted by jan_believes (Post 23373525)
Please don't fill my box with PMs. Thanks. :)

:rolleyes:

Originally Posted by jedck (Post 23374355)
I had a great lunch today.

Not telling what I made, how I made it, or where to get the ingredients, but I thought you guys should know, and so I'm posting about it here.

HA! I got lunch for free today with a coupon that was given to me at a certain store. Ask all your stores for coupons and you can get free lunch too.

PaulMSN Aug 16, 2014 4:23 pm

Originally Posted by TTnC4me (Post 23374540)
^

:rolleyes:

HA! I got lunch for free today with a coupon that was given to me at a certain store. Ask all your stores for coupons and you can get free lunch too.

Just wait til the bloggers get a hold of this.

commdiver Aug 16, 2014 9:37 pm

Originally Posted by sanctified50 (Post 23373362)
7-11

Thank you ^

rylan Aug 20, 2014 6:26 am

Hah, the CVS around me don't even have Vanilla Reloads anymore. I think their sales went to zero when it went to no CCs. The vanilla GCs are collecting quite a bit of dust too.