FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Manufactured Spending (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending-719/)
-   -   Vanilla Reloads! (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending/1538688-vanilla-reloads.html)

PaulMSN Jan 8, 2014 12:14 am

Originally Posted by craz (Post 22108157)
That's OK I don't understand those who don't care if a person isn't willing to do the work themselves to spoon feed them and have who knows how many others start threads asking for PMs for each and every city.Whats lame is if something is so simple why ask for the info.

We simply will have to agree to disagree on what help should be provided to someone who 1- doesn't want to do the simple work for themselves and 2 doesn't offer others the info they know about but want others to provided to them that which they know

You know neither 1 nor 2. You are just assuming them.

AlohaDaveKennedy Jan 8, 2014 8:29 am

Agreed. South Jersey is where everyone looking for VRs should be. I'm rounding up all those snowbirds cramping my style in South Florida and packing over the Jersey state line!

Originally Posted by BarnyardRomeo (Post 22100969)
you would be crazy to move now that you finally found a store that will sell them to you with a cc.

craz Jan 8, 2014 11:25 am

Originally Posted by PaulMSN (Post 22108722)
You know neither 1 nor 2. You are just assuming them.

Nope I know #1 and #2

1- please show me in which post of the OPs they said hey I live in Baldwin,LI,NY (or wherever) and Id be glad to answer anyone who PMs me asking me where my reg places are near by my home and work where I score the VRs with a CC I never saw such a statement on behalf of the OP but I did read asking for others to provide just that same info

2- if they did in fact go to the website input an address then they would have said below are a few CVs I found can anyone please let me know if any of those listed allow CCs to be used and which to avoid. Again I dont recall seeing anything like that. Nor did they provide any details where in LA they will be staying. If Im staying in NYC on 126th St and theres a CV down on Wall St what good does that do me. Or if by you the CV that is 32 miles away from Madison allows CCs. its 1 thing ifa person will be driving taht town otherwise I highly doubt anyone would simply drive 70+ miles just to maybe buy some VRs,I say maybe since until they get there they wont know if there are any in stock

to me 1 + 1 = 2 can I prove it nope, others can does that mean Im assuming everything nope , however common sense is not so common it seems

zceuxbhjutf Jan 8, 2014 1:53 pm

OP, SoCal will not be a problem for MS. Welcome!

craz Jan 8, 2014 2:25 pm

Originally Posted by zceuxbhjutf (Post 22112906)
OP, SoCal will not be a problem for MS. Welcome!

Not 100% true, have you tried in and around Whittier for 1 place.For the longest time its been Ca$h only at any CV.Also ran into it near Riverside and Norco where some were Ca$h only others took a CC. Those that were ca$h only the last time took a CC while the opposite for those that took a CC previously. Ran into that also in Upland but in general I agree more places will take a CC then not and the next CV isnt usually that far of a drive anyway

PaulMSN Jan 8, 2014 2:42 pm

Originally Posted by craz (Post 22111742)
Nope I know #1 and #2

1- please show me in which post of the OPs they said hey I live in Baldwin,LI,NY (or wherever) and Id be glad to answer anyone who PMs me asking me where my reg places are near by my home and work where I score the VRs with a CC I never saw such a statement on behalf of the OP but I did read asking for others to provide just that same info

2- if they did in fact go to the website input an address then they would have said below are a few CVs I found can anyone please let me know if any of those listed allow CCs to be used and which to avoid. Again I dont recall seeing anything like that. Nor did they provide any details where in LA they will be staying. If Im staying in NYC on 126th St and theres a CV down on Wall St what good does that do me. Or if by you the CV that is 32 miles away from Madison allows CCs. its 1 thing ifa person will be driving taht town otherwise I highly doubt anyone would simply drive 70+ miles just to maybe buy some VRs,I say maybe since until they get there they wont know if there are any in stock

to me 1 + 1 = 2 can I prove it nope, others can does that mean Im assuming everything nope , however common sense is not so common it seems

1) Logic fail. Poster does not have to declare in a post that he or she is willing to help for that to be true. You're assuming a negative on no proof either way.

2) How is asking a simple question being lazy? If I want to know the number of the place where my co-worker ordered his lunchtime his hoagie, I ask him. That's simply being efficient -- there is no need to repeat work that is easily imparted by someone in the know.

Why you believe that others need to conform to your "do it the hard way" methods is beyond me. Someone asks me, "Hey, where is that store where you get the VRs?" and I answer with the address. No hard task for me, doesn't cost me more than a few keyboard strokes and makes life a tiny bit easier for someone else. Why do you think this information must be jealously guarded?

hmmurdock Jan 8, 2014 2:43 pm

Originally Posted by craz (Post 22105639)
How many PMs will you reply with where in SNJ you can get them? thats about how many folks should PM you where in LA.I assume the answer will be ZIPPO

I would guess OP would be more than happy to share that info about SNJ...especially since there is an upcoming move cross country and spreading that info wouldn't direct affect him.

craz Jan 8, 2014 4:24 pm

Originally Posted by PaulMSN (Post 22113257)
1) Logic fail. Poster does not have to declare in a post that he or she is willing to help for that to be true. You're assuming a negative on no proof either way.

2) How is asking a simple question being lazy? If I want to know the number of the place where my co-worker ordered his lunchtime his hoagie, I ask him. That's simply being efficient -- there is no need to repeat work that is easily imparted by someone in the know.

Why you believe that others need to conform to your "do it the hard way" methods is beyond me. Someone asks me, "Hey, where is that store where you get the VRs?" and I answer with the address. No hard task for me, doesn't cost me more than a few keyboard strokes and makes life a tiny bit easier for someone else. Why do you think this information must be jealously guarded?

1- you are assuming that the OP would be willing now (rather then after they moved out and wont need the stores any longer) to share the info. I guess you are allowed to assume and Im not Got it

2- theres alot more to FT then just MS (maybe not) so I may have thought differently had the OP posted elsewhere that wasnt simply looking for info about MSing But I feel its best to help a newbe w/o doing all the work for them, you feel differently no problem thats your right just as Im entitled to mine

I dont hide anything and have shared plenty via PMs of cause the person didnt just join or have a single digit post count and all with MSing. Most times people wrote what they tried or where they went to and if I have any info I reply back to them be it a 7, or CV or Wally etc etc. If going onto a site inputting an address or zip is the hard way then these folks are in the wrong game. Of cause if I lived in Madison where they are all of 3 CVs its nota problem, besides how many folks are coming to Madison. Why do I feel if you were LA,SF,NY,FL based it would be very different as your Inbox would always be full of people wanting to know where you go.If that wouldnt be a problem for you,Great

Now since you arent gonna change my way of thinking , nor will I change your way, theres no sense for me to comment any longer nothing to be accomplished

craz Jan 8, 2014 4:27 pm

Originally Posted by hmmurdock (Post 22113267)
I would guess OP would be more than happy to share that info about SNJ...especially since there is an upcoming move cross country and spreading that info wouldn't direct affect him.

OK Id agree with that, however since theres still 3 weeks to go, my guess would be they share the info much closer to the time that they will be departing unless they have no more plans to buy any more

zceuxbhjutf Jan 8, 2014 4:34 pm

The OP's question was more along the lines of "Are city CVSs generally different?" If the answer was no, OP needed no further info.

P.S. Here's hoping you run a voice-to-text app for yer replies...

maddie5218 Jan 8, 2014 6:04 pm

Originally Posted by craz (Post 22105639)
I didnt ask you where in South NJ a person can buy them , nor did you post where we can

My advice is simple before you hit LA, go online to cvs.com use a zip code where you will be and bingo a bunch of addresses will pop up.Then 1 by 1 hit them

How many PMs will you reply with where in SNJ you can get them? thats about how many folks should PM you where in LA.I assume the answer will be ZIPPO

worse comes to worse like me on Sun you drive into a CV only to leave empty handed eventually you will find a few just like I did as I was doing my errands

yikes, that's kinda rude. Before even reading your post, I just actually replied to 2 people telling them where to get them.

If anybody wants to know, feel free to PM me and I'll tell you where they were like a nice person would.

PtsJunkieWI Jan 8, 2014 6:36 pm

Originally Posted by PaulMSN (Post 22113257)

*applause*
I'm with Paul all the way on this.

But, it could just be that we Madisonians are a friendly, polite, and giving bunch. :cool:

PaulMSN Jan 8, 2014 10:35 pm

Originally Posted by craz (Post 22113895)
1- you are assuming that the OP would be willing now (rather then after they moved out and wont need the stores any longer) to share the info. I guess you are allowed to assume and Im not Got it

No, I'm not. I made no assumption about it at all, because it's not something that matters to me. But you condemned him based on your assumption.

ORD-TGU Jan 9, 2014 8:52 am

Not sure if mentioned before, I bought four VR at CVS. Then scratched off to reveal the pin using a coin. The scratch off material smeared into a black streak and I could barely see the pin numbers. Freaking out was an understatement.

I was able to make out the numbers, but boy does it suck. I was careful and all, but for sure it is a product deficiency.

I was not in the mood to have $2K tied up. Not buying anymore from that CVS, although they have a huge inventory of VR.

PaulMSN Jan 9, 2014 9:42 am

Originally Posted by ORD-TGU (Post 22117978)
Not sure if mentioned before, I bought four VR at CVS. Then scratched off to reveal the pin using a coin. The scratch off material smeared into a black streak and I could barely see the pin numbers. Freaking out was an understatement.

I was able to make out the numbers, but boy does it suck. I was careful and all, but for sure it is a product deficiency.

I was not in the mood to have $2K tied up. Not buying anymore from that CVS, although they have a huge inventory of VR.

Why do you blame CVS?