FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Manufactured Spending (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending-719/)
-   -   Visa GC/ Walmart(through 2016) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending/1520316-visa-gc-walmart-through-2016-a.html)

tuphat Dec 26, 2013 1:50 pm

Post-Xmas blues

I had a very good run, purchasing the holiday theme Sunrise Visas with CC, and immediately monetizing via MOs. When I went to WM today (12/26), however, the giftcard display where these normally hung had disappeared. An employee told me that the store was being cleared of anything "Christmas related," and that the holiday cards were probably in the back, to be thrown away. Although he kindly offered to go & see if they were still there, I declined.

KYBOSH Dec 26, 2013 5:03 pm

Yeah I went in and all the Visa GCs were cleared off the shelf. Not just the ones with a xmas theme. Not a single Visa GC remained.

I tried 2 different WM and will try two more tomorrow.
Pretty sad ... That was a great product.

silver6054 Dec 26, 2013 5:08 pm

The earlier post made me make the decision to waste some money and use my Walmart Giftcards to buy Visa cards on line ($6.88 per $200) rather than at the store ($4.94 per $500). Getting hard to find cashiers willing to do it anyway.

Lobachevsky Dec 26, 2013 6:16 pm

I tried to buy Visa GCs in a WM today also. The carousel-type display was gone and all Visa variable load GCs were missing from the gift card displays attached to some registers. I asked a Customer Service Manager what was going on. She said the display was removed since it was meant to be until Christmas only; the actual cards were "on hold"--and she didn't know if any would be put back on sale at a later date.

THEsocalledfan Dec 27, 2013 2:45 pm

Oh, no, you are confirming my worst fears.......my displays were also gone. I want those sunnies back; I had no issues using Wal-mart gift cards to buy.

jeremywight Dec 27, 2013 5:13 pm

Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan (Post 22036862)
Oh, no, you are confirming my worst fears.......my displays were also gone. I want those sunnies back; I had no issues using Wal-mart gift cards to buy.

Same for us :( Wish it had of lasted longer...

KYBOSH Dec 27, 2013 7:20 pm

Next year, i'll be ready. Im hiding a huge stash in the home and garden dept. :)

HikerT Dec 27, 2013 10:28 pm

Asked CS at one store if I could still buy some. Was told they were being shipped back and would be held in storage for next year. Told me I could not buy them. At second store I saw a rack stashed at CS. Asked if I could buy, they said sure. Grabbed the last 5K they had. No problems at checkout. Gonna miss these.

jeremywight Dec 27, 2013 10:41 pm

Originally Posted by HikerT (Post 22038640)
Asked CS at one store if I could still buy some. Was told they were being shipped back and would be held in storage for next year. Told me I could not buy them. At second store I saw a rack stashed at CS. Asked if I could buy, they said sure. Grabbed the last 5K they had. No problems at checkout. Gonna miss these.

Nice. We only have one WM in the area, so not a lot of options

THEsocalledfan Dec 28, 2013 5:54 pm

So I was at Sams Club today and noted that they still had $500 vanilla master cards. They say they are pinable but we all know about the 18 series visas.

I'll take one for the team and see if I can buy with Walmart gc and then cash out at wally world. If successful I will NOT be posting it so PM me.

pier11 Dec 29, 2013 12:41 am

Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan (Post 22042436)
... $500 vanilla master cards. They say they are pinable but we all know about the 18 series visas.

There were no such consistent reports of problems with vanilla MC recently as with 18-series Visa... Other than wiki'd issue (In cards with pins thread).

Either no such issues, or everybody are scared enough and not using MC without need.

tuphat Dec 29, 2013 1:40 pm

WM Sunrise cards may still be in holiday clearance section

At one WM, I saw the holiday card display had been moved to the garden section, along with other holiday clearance merchandise. I think this is definitely a YMMV thing.

KYBOSH Dec 29, 2013 5:37 pm

Originally Posted by tuphat (Post 22046142)
At one WM, I saw the holiday card display had been moved to the garden section, along with other holiday clearance merchandise. I think this is definitely a YMMV thing.

You are giving me encouragement to go snooping around my local WMs.

Edit to add:

Found the 2 huge racks stuffed in the back stockroom (dont ask) but sadly the Visas had already been pulled. Would have worked too if not for those meddling kids!

cashback Dec 29, 2013 5:45 pm

Originally Posted by KYBOSH (Post 22047130)
You are giving me encouragement to go snooping around my local WMs.

Im embarrassed at how often I am at WM.

THEsocalledfan Dec 30, 2013 7:23 am

Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan (Post 22042436)
So I was at Sams Club today and noted that they still had $500 vanilla master cards. They say they are pinable but we all know about the 18 series visas.

I'll take one for the team and see if I can buy with Walmart gc and then cash out at wally world. If successful I will NOT be posting it so PM me.

So, I went back to Sam's today armed with a $500 Wally GC, and rack had disappeared. I nearly wept in sadness. Now, to see if the 18 series issue is fixed....