Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Problem loading Bluebird with Vanilla Visa GC

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 15, 2013, 2:29 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ChrisFlyer66
As of 6/19/2014, Walmart does not accept debit transactions above $49.99 from cards issued by Bancorp, namely Vanilla Visas (OV, VGC, etc.). Attempts result in "Alternate Tender Required," "Debit Not Available," and/or some other error message, at both registers and the Money Center Express (MCE, kiosk, Kate, ATM).

There is no workaround.
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old May 30, 2014, 1:49 pm

Originally Posted by zorbachs
So the kiosks are still working with GCs? I've never used a cashier. My local WM has a working kiosk.
There are reports in the thread of kiosks working so it seem yes but we will have way more datapoints on Sunday. I am hoping at least one Kate is going by then in these here parts.
Old May 30, 2014, 1:53 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by heyeaglefn
This forum is going to be unbearable starting Sunday with all these issues.
Maybe we should start a new one titled "SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY June 1 report your OV success here"
Old May 30, 2014, 2:02 pm

Programs: SPG/Marriot Gold, Hilton Gold
Hopefully they won't update the kiosk software anytime soon, maybe it's time I tried to hit my minimum spending limit sooner rather than later.
Old May 30, 2014, 2:15 pm

Hopefully they won't update the kiosk software anytime soon, maybe it's time I tried to hit my minimum spending limit sooner rather than later.

with the windows os on all these machines no longer supported by MS, i'm 100% sure they have to have a new os with, obviously, new software rolling out relatively soon. i would be surprised if that's not a very bad day for us...
Old May 30, 2014, 2:18 pm

Originally Posted by uncommonsensical
with the windows os on all these machines no longer supported by MS, i'm 100% sure they have to have a new os with, obviously, new software rolling out relatively soon. i would be surprised if that's not a very bad day for us...
Yep, so I think I better try to hit my $3K on this new amex sooner rather than later. I still have Amazon Payments I could use, but it sounds like those are getting shut down all the time.
Old May 30, 2014, 2:19 pm

Another data point. I was able to successfully load 2 OV to a BB and 1 OV to a Serve via a kiosk in Los Angeles today. I did not try to load the OV via cashier or MC.
Old May 30, 2014, 2:22 pm

I'm going to try to load a $100 card today and see if I am successful. Will report back.
Old May 30, 2014, 2:32 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, HH Diamond

are the problems only with OV's and vanilla visa's? Are people having trouble with Safeway vgc's as well?
Old May 30, 2014, 2:39 pm

Originally Posted by uncommonsensical
Not necessarily from here: http://blogs.msdn.com/b/windows-embe...-embedded.aspx

Originally Posted by MS Website
Windows Embedded for Point of Service SP3. This product is for use in Point of Sale devices. It’s built from Windows XP Embedded. It was originally released in 2005, and Extended Support will end on April 12, 2016.
If Kate runs on that OS she is good for a couple of more years yet and there are other XP derivatives that are supported beyond the April cut off this year as mentioned in that link.
Old May 30, 2014, 2:41 pm

Originally Posted by OnTheRocks
are the problems only with OV's and vanilla visa's? Are people having trouble with Safeway vgc's as well?
More than just Vanillas, I am pretty sure folks posted issues with USBnk VCGs as well.
Old May 30, 2014, 2:48 pm
Formerly known as FTRox87

Programs: AA/US 1M, AS, BA, CX, EK, EY, JL, KE, LH, NH, OS, QF, QR, TG, UA/CO | *$G
Originally Posted by 36902BRF
Not necessarily from here: http://blogs.msdn.com/b/windows-embe...-embedded.aspx

If Kate runs on that OS she is good for a couple of more years yet and there are other XP derivatives that are supported beyond the April cut off this year as mentioned in that link.
most likely Kate does not run on that version. since those kiosks/ATMs are full fledged computers not simple POS terminals. I've seen a Kate that had crashed and was thrown back to the normal XP desktop view -- talk about a 'wayback machine' moment. that brought back some memories haha.

in any case, the upgrades are much needed considering how slow and sluggish these machines are. cant wait until they get some new hardware in there running Win 8.1 or something next gen.
Old May 30, 2014, 2:58 pm

Metabank Visa cards still work at kiosks. I just loaded $100 and am about to go buy a $500 one to get in before the inevitable software update comes.
Old May 30, 2014, 3:20 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, HH Diamond

looks like I'll go buy 2-3k tonight and visit Wm. I'll report back haven't really seen any posts from the east bay area.
Old May 30, 2014, 3:22 pm

Programs: US Airways Gold, Marriott Platinum, SW A List
Metabank Visa cards still work at kiosks. I just loaded $100 and am about to go buy a $500 one to get in before the inevitable software update comes.
Everything works at the kiosks.
Old May 30, 2014, 3:25 pm

Programs: DL PLT, AS 75k, AA Exec Plat
Originally Posted by 36902BRF
More than just Vanillas, I am pretty sure folks posted issues with USBnk VCGs as well.
Safeway sells Metabank Visas, I thought. And someone did post either in this thread or the other one that they didn't have a problem using the $500 Metabank visas at the POS terminal.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.