Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Manufacturing spend on PRG with little time

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Manufacturing spend on PRG with little time

Search this Thread

Old Oct 30, 2013, 12:12 pm

Originally Posted by rdover1
But aren't you 'famous' on FT for pushing limits on MS? Maybe it is "everything can break if you try hard enough!"
My MS (e-p) is small but I know how to use it.
Old Oct 30, 2013, 1:08 pm

Programs: Several dozen
The Feds shutdown the banks and the banks shut down you - just the circle of life.

Originally Posted by jewsus
I think I mentioned I was shutdown after FR. No need to hide my failures. My life is full of them.
Old Oct 30, 2013, 3:15 pm

Programs: HHonors Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Marriott Platinum, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat
I just want to chime in and say that it isn't true that you're "safe" for a year after passing a FR. Or at least it wasn't a few years ago.

Back when the $1 coins were going strong, I hit them hard (charged 2-3x my credit limit every month and paid it off a few times per month) until I got a FR. I passed the FR with no issues and then kept right on going.

I then got a call maybe 3-4 months later asking me all sorts of questions about why I was spending so much money at the mint, etc. I questioned why she was calling to interrogate me just a few months after I had just completed a FR. She just gave me a generic answer about that my spending was primarily with one merchant, etc. She also suggested that if I didn't want to keep being hassled about it, that I should stop spending so much money at the mint.

I of course didn't listen to that advice and about 2 months later I went through another FR. This time I "passed", but still had my accounts shut down. I questioned how this could be the case and eventually went up a couple levels of supervisors and was told that no matter what the outcome of my FR was, they were going to shut down my accounts. I argued until I was blue in the face about how that was unethical and unfair and that they should have just shut my accounts down without trying to collect unnecessary personal information. She apologized, but the outcome was the same.

Sorry for the long post, but I "passed" 2 FR in about a 6-8 month period and still got shut down. So, it is most certainly NOT true that you're "safe" for a year after a FR. You may be under less scrutiny, but not safe.

EDIT: At the time, I had a HHonors, SPG, Gold, Business Gold and Business SPG card and was charging 2-3x the limit on all the cards that had limits and tens of thousands per month on the "no pre-set limit" cards. After the FR, they put limits on my "no pre-set limit" cards and I continued to charge 3-5x the limit on those until the eventual shutdown.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.