Search

Kroger Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old Mar 29, 2014, 10:58 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT Gold 1MM ,Hyatt Explorist,Marriott Platinum,HHonors Diamond
Kroger Master Thread

Offer valid:April 9-April 22,2014

Self check out machine just spit out this info back to me tonight...

Says Limit one coupon per transaction per day but who is counting....may work with the variable loads as well and nice timing with the 4x fuel points promo thats running right now if you are into the fixed value ones.

This was in Ohio...
Old Mar 29, 2014, 11:12 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA, UA, AS, DL, BA, F9, IHG Plat, HH Gold, CC Gold, SPG Gold, MR Silver
Originally Posted by OHijAAzi73

Says Limit one coupon per transaction per day but who is counting....may work with the variable loads as well and nice timing with the 4x fuel points promo thats running right now if you are into the fixed value ones.

This was in Ohio...
Thanks for the HU. They did this last fall and my wife and I got banned from buying GC's at the Kroger nearest our house. Still 2 others in town that I frequent. Now to decide how hard to push it because I do not want to get shut out of anymore stores in town...hahaha.
Old Mar 29, 2014, 11:21 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by skibum7732
Thanks for the HU. They did this last fall and my wife and I got banned from buying GC's at the Kroger nearest our house. Still 2 others in town that I frequent. Now to decide how hard to push it because I do not want to get shut out of anymore stores in town...hahaha.
Care to share amount you bought and over how many days or weeks?....Was it triggered by DL tracking or just by being familiar to them as the weird guy who buys a lot of VGC ?

I always wonder if this will happen to me since they scan my DL every time I buy VGC...
Old Mar 29, 2014, 11:42 pm

I got one today in Utah at Smiths(Kroger owned)
Old Mar 30, 2014, 12:13 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond
Any idea when the $5 coupon will expire?
Old Mar 30, 2014, 12:18 am

Care to share amount you bought and over how many days or weeks?....Was it triggered by DL tracking or just by being familiar to them as the weird guy who buys a lot of VGC ?

I always wonder if this will happen to me since they scan my DL every time I buy VGC...
I second this request - both the amount and the method. I'm always wary of them scanning my DL, and I feel like it's going to be happening more often with the demise of beans at CVS. I don't want to cause any problems at what is actually my primary grocery store.

Last edited by bobert24; Mar 30, 2014 at 8:39 pm
Old Mar 30, 2014, 1:32 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by slickpokerdealer
Any idea when the $5 coupon will expire?
My guess would be 2-3 weeks based on previous promos...
Old Mar 30, 2014, 1:36 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond
My guess would be 2-3 weeks based on previous promos...
Thanks.. Will max out BB for April if coupons are issued for VGCs as well.. Hopefully..
Old Mar 30, 2014, 7:37 am

Option 1: buy 2 variable VGC & load $500 each, net costs: 5.95*2-5=6.9
Option 2: buy 2 fixed VGC of $100, get 800 feul points, net costs: 5.95*2-5-0.8*15=-5.1

2 is better
Old Mar 30, 2014, 11:22 am

Add spend benefits (e.g. 5% at grocery) and time invested (5x factor) and option 1 is better. To equalize spend you need to check out 5x as many times. Include time for the cashier to enter your DL 5x as many times and time to cash out 5x as many VGCs. Not to mention 5x potential for fraud alert for swiping your CC 5x as many times. And then the time to dump 5x as many $5 coupons. There are better options to generate fuel points from a time invested standpoint IMHO.
Old Mar 30, 2014, 11:30 am
Suspended

Programs: AA, UA, AS, DL, BA, F9, IHG Plat, HH Gold, CC Gold, SPG Gold, MR Silver

Its been awhile, but it was definitely the DL scan....the stores get a printout showing who bought how much apparently. I think we bought around 40-50k in about 1 week before shutdown at that store. No problems with other stores, still buying but have not went crazy and space it out now
Old Mar 30, 2014, 11:45 am

Its been awhile, but it was definitely the DL scan....the stores get a printout showing who bought how much apparently. I think we bought around 40-50k in about 1 week before shutdown at that store. No problems with other stores, still buying but have not went crazy and space it out now
So it's (seemingly) on a per-store basis, then? I pass a half dozen every day, so that makes things easier.

Of course, I'm nowhere near your level anyway. That's pretty impressive.
Old Mar 30, 2014, 11:45 am

Did they ban you because they visually saw that you were buying a bunch or because they tracked your purchases on your Kroger card?
Old Mar 30, 2014, 12:02 pm

Originally Posted by knopfler
Did they ban you because they visually saw that you were buying a bunch or because they tracked your purchases on your Kroger card?
If you're buying the variable VGCs, there's no reason to scan your Kroger card. You don't get any rewards. His ban seems to have come from their DL scans.
Old Mar 30, 2014, 7:28 pm

Programs: DL Silver Medallion, UA, Chase UR, AMEX MR

This was in Ohio...
So does this mean - do we have to buy a VGC now to get a coupon that will be valid from 04/09-04/22? or can we just buy 2 VGCs from 04/09-04/22 and it will apply the coupon automatically?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.