Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

If you are not worried about staples.com banning you !!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

If you are not worried about staples.com banning you !!

Search this Thread

Old Oct 2, 2013, 2:59 pm

Originally Posted by BenH
I just find it bizarre how their systems must be set up. The 2 that got cancelled were placed a few minutes apart, but there were other orders in between. They also weren't near the front end or back end of my orders.

So, how do they allow 58 of 60 identically placed orders to go through and only flag 2 of them?

My only guess....they are getting a listing of all coupon codes issued by the website and cross-referencing those with the orders placed. This is the only thing that makes sense. Because, if they just ran a query that said, show me all giftcard orders for > $100 where a coupon was used, they should be able to hit it all. Using my theorized method seems prone to failure at several points.

I also can't understand how they keep getting caught with their pants down. Why are they releasing coupons before properly coding exclusions? They have fixed them now (as they have in the past) so why don't they just do it before?

Oh well...I won't look a gift horse in the mouth, as 58 is almost as good as 60. I'm afraid this may indeed be the last go around at this. Will have to wait a week or so to see if they actually restock these cards.
I also had the same thing happen. Two of my visa GC orders were cancelled, but the other 10 show status as being shipped. I got cancellation emails on the two orders that were cancelled, stating the $20 off $100 coupon didn't work with GC. Can't make any sense out of why they let the other 10 orders through, but I'm not complaining
Old Oct 3, 2013, 7:26 pm

Originally Posted by LoveMountains
BenH, are you sure that they've actually shipped your cards, rather than going over orders 1 after another and cancelling them?
I've put 6 orders and already got cancellations for 3-4 of them. But it does not mean that the other 2 got shipped. Probably will be cancelled later on.
Originally Posted by BenH
Tracking shows "shipped from warehouse" and I have gotten shipped from warehouse e-mails for the 58.
Received all 58 cards AND activation slips in the mail today.
First time I have gotten them all at once.
Old Oct 3, 2013, 9:40 pm

thanks op for stuffing my mailbox today. I must have single handily funded a couple hours of pay for my postman

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.