FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Manufactured Spending (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending-719/)
-   -   Stop & Shop and Giant supermarkets gas rewards points on gift card purchases (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending/1495260-stop-shop-giant-supermarkets-gas-rewards-points-gift-card-purchases.html)

payeco Jun 25, 2014 4:18 pm

Originally Posted by rdeppen (Post 23095852)
After hitting 4 different Giants in my area last night (which are normally fairly well-stocked), I started wondering whether this could be the case or not. At first I guessed that everyone had gone to clean them all out and stock up on the points, and then it seemed strange how all of the light blue $25 denominations were so cleanly arranged in place of the variables. Couldn't help but wonder if some sort of instruction had gone out to the stores from a higher level or what.

My local Giant hadn't gotten any more of the plain grey variable cards since the beginning of May. Went back last Thursday and they finally got more in stock. They still have plenty of blue and purple ones and they also got some new yellow ones I hadn't even seen before there.

Someone a few pages back posted a link to a mom blog that picked this up so chances are others did as well so you've likely got lots of mothers picking up one or two to save money on gas for their summer vacations and plan on just spending down the cards with normal spend.

stupidzbu Jun 25, 2014 5:18 pm

Earned 6k points buying reloadits @ S&s

Used them all. Then earned an additional 1.5k all in June. Just bought anothe card and noticed my point balance was 0 and that I earned 0 points.

Was I blacklisted or something?

dogbyte Jun 25, 2014 5:50 pm

Originally Posted by stupidzbu (Post 23096606)
Earned 6k points buying reloadits @ S&s

Used them all. Then earned an additional 1.5k all in June. Just bought anothe card and noticed my point balance was 0 and that I earned 0 points.

Was I blacklisted or something?

I have never heard of them blacklisting anyone. They are tolerating our behavior for the time being. The points don't post immediately sometimes. I would wait and see. Why do you need a second card?

stupidzbu Jun 25, 2014 5:55 pm

Originally Posted by dogbyte (Post 23096729)
I have never heard of them blacklisting anyone. They are tolerating our behavior for the time being. The points don't post immediately sometimes. I would wait and see. Why do you need a second card?

Well, not only are all the points gone, but new purchases earn 0 points.

Receipt says 0 points earned and available. I've been going heavy on the RI cards recently since it is the end of the month.

I made a new account just in case and tested it, again 0 points. Inknow they were running a 3x promo on the cards and reading a couple of pages back I assume the promo ended and the point expired

What I don't get is why the purchase generates no points now. This is in rhode island fwiw

TheBOSman Jun 25, 2014 6:02 pm

Delete

awkwardflyer Jun 25, 2014 6:05 pm

I do not know where your points go but in the latest promotion reloadable cards are excluded. It is written in the ad.

xp0 Jun 25, 2014 6:26 pm

really? I mean just because they got you points last promotion doesnt mean this one is the same. Did you even look at/read the flyer? it is VISAs ONLY. It says it in BIG LETTERS in the ad.

You didnt get points because you did not purchase the correct item.

my gawd....

stupidzbu Jun 25, 2014 7:16 pm

Originally Posted by xp0 (Post 23096861)
really? I mean just because they got you points last promotion doesnt mean this one is the same. Did you even look at/read the flyer? it is VISAs ONLY. It says it in BIG LETTERS in the ad.

You didnt get points because you did not purchase the correct item.

my gawd....

Umm. I just starts swiping my card to buy them recently. I've not checked out flyers or promos.

This thread has no wiki and most of the posts are for Giant. So earning ANY points on these, not just multiplier bonuses, depends on a promo?

Macmaniac Jun 25, 2014 8:56 pm

Originally Posted by stupidzbu (Post 23097027)
Umm. I just starts swiping my card to buy them recently. I've not checked out flyers or promos.

This thread has no wiki and most of the posts are for Giant. So earning ANY points on these, not just multiplier bonuses, depends on a promo?

Yes the it depends on the promo, currently its for metabank Visa cards which you will get 4X points. I bought a variable today and got 2000 gas points. Make sure you check based on your state, honestly my best advice is go to to S&S/Giant's website and pull up the weekly circular, its all listed there albeit small.

jonnydoe1234 Jun 26, 2014 4:20 am

Originally Posted by stupidzbu (Post 23097027)
So earning ANY points on these, not just multiplier bonuses, depends on a promo?

If there is no promo, you get zero points for buying Visa/MC/Amex/reloadits.

tanri Jun 26, 2014 5:22 am

Are you buying PayPow-r Metabank Visa? Those aren't working for this promo.

Originally Posted by stupidzbu (Post 23096747)
Well, not only are all the points gone, but new purchases earn 0 points.

Receipt says 0 points earned and available. I've been going heavy on the RI cards recently since it is the end of the month.

I made a new account just in case and tested it, again 0 points. Inknow they were running a 3x promo on the cards and reading a couple of pages back I assume the promo ended and the point expired

What I don't get is why the purchase generates no points now. This is in rhode island fwiw

mh1361 Jun 26, 2014 6:06 am

Originally Posted by f0xx (Post 23079334)
Where the heck are all you MDT people coming from. :eek:

I don't think there's many of us. And from your locations it seems like you aren't all that close to this area.

dcpilgrim Jun 26, 2014 8:38 am

Originally Posted by mh1361 (Post 23098876)
I don't think there's many of us. And from your locations it seems like you aren't all that close to this area.

West shore, represents.

smoothmunkey Jun 26, 2014 9:08 am

deleted

nopoints Jun 26, 2014 10:19 am

Unusual S&S CC description

I went to a S&S recently to purchase a Visa GC -- got my gas points. I checked my
AmEx BC pending charges and I couldn't find the S&S charge. Hmmm... looked again,
found the charged amount labeled as "Dunkin' Donuts".
Category says "MERCHANDISE & SUPPLIES - GROCERIES" so I think I'm okay.for the bonus.
And yes, I paid at a regular checkout lane in S&S (didn't notice if there was
an in-store Dunkins).

Strange huh?