FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Manufactured Spending (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending-719/)
-   -   Stop & Shop and Giant supermarkets gas rewards points on gift card purchases (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending/1495260-stop-shop-giant-supermarkets-gas-rewards-points-gift-card-purchases.html)

WackNut Nov 10, 2015 1:11 pm

Originally Posted by nopoints (Post 25692567)
I just glimpsed the scanned S&S circular. It doesn't look like they're giving the typical 4x or 5x gas points for the GCs this week -- Its a $10 off $100 in spent on those GCs.

I couldn't make out the fine-print from the scanned circular so I don't know if any gas points will be associated w/the GC purchases.

GCs pictured: Cracker Barrel, Domino's, Ebay, Fandango, GameStop, Google Play, LL Bean, Fridays, Tracfone, Chili's/Maggiano's/On the Border/Macaroni Grill

You are correct it is no gas points, but $10 off your next purchase when you purchase a $100.

heyeaglefn Nov 10, 2015 3:01 pm

Wow, Giant PA is 4X on those cards, looks like a difference, not sure I've seen that before.

heyeaglefn Nov 10, 2015 3:02 pm

http://forthemommas.com/wp-content/u...ting-11.13.pdf

luckypra Nov 10, 2015 3:10 pm

Originally Posted by WackNut (Post 25692069)
Every Shell I have used does not have a scanner but you have to manually enter the account number. There is a separate option on the home screen to enter your s&s number. It has to be a participating Shell you can look them on their website under find a participating gas station
http://stopandshop.com/store/locator/

Thanks for information.

Outbreak187 Nov 10, 2015 6:46 pm

NJ Issues

Anyone in Nj having issues at Shell?
I have 2 cards with $2 off a gal.
Tried to use both at 2 diff gas stations and all I get is $.10 off a gallon. No matter what grade! I have been doing this for a year and never had that happen. Last time I had a problem was when their entire system had issues.
I always got super so never had to worry about prices under $2.20.
But even trying to pump plus at $2.17 with my $2 discount came to $2.07!
Anyone had this happen?

DiMAn0684 Nov 10, 2015 9:26 pm

Got only 10c off in MA today.

Outbreak187 Nov 12, 2015 7:27 am

Anyone else having issues at the pump?

thebat Nov 12, 2015 8:20 am

4X GC

In Southern CT, my Stop & Shop ad shows 4 X points for select gift card such as Fandango, Ebay, Dardens and a few others.

avagyan Nov 12, 2015 10:05 am

Originally Posted by thebat (Post 25702314)
In Southern CT, my Stop & Shop ad shows 4 X points for select gift card such as Fandango, Ebay, Dardens and a few others.

Are you sure it's gas points?

thebat Nov 12, 2015 11:05 am

Originally Posted by avagyan (Post 25702855)
Are you sure it's gas points?

Yes, it's gas points. Starts 11/13 to 11/19. This is the local circular that comes in the mail.

HazyNJ Nov 12, 2015 11:45 am

Use Stop & Shop card @ Giant?

I was wondering if you can use a Stop & Shop card @ Giant? Will be in De & Pa over the weekend. Like to get some 4X during my travel.

Car Jack Nov 12, 2015 12:35 pm

Tomorrow's circular is on stop and shop's site and it is NOT the same as what's shown on Living with Coupons.

4X gas points on all those cards. This is good for me. Real good! :D

AAmlgm8r Nov 12, 2015 1:24 pm

Originally Posted by Car Jack (Post 25703827)
Tomorrow's circular is on stop and shop's site and it is NOT the same as what's shown on Living with Coupons.

4X gas points on all those cards. This is good for me. Real good! :D

Wow, I haven't previously experienced different S and S flyers in different locations. My online flyer is for the $10 off a $100 purchase with no gas point multiplier. (in southwestern CT). Is the mailed version somehow different?

Wow indeed! I just checked based on your location and the flyers are different! Yours is a much better promo - at least for me. Too bad we're not driving to grandma's MA house until Thanksgiving(although it looks like it will still be valid then).

branima Nov 12, 2015 1:51 pm

4x in my area/circular

Originally Posted by nopoints (Post 25692567)
I just glimpsed the scanned S&S circular. It doesn't look like they're giving the typical 4x or 5x gas points for the GCs this week -- Its a $10 off $100 in spent on those GCs.

I couldn't make out the fine-print from the scanned circular so I don't know if any gas points will be associated w/the GC purchases.

GCs pictured: Cracker Barrel, Domino's, Ebay, Fandango, GameStop, Google Play, LL Bean, Fridays, Tracfone, Chili's/Maggiano's/On the Border/Macaroni Grill

My circular shows 4x gas points for these cards this week. The $10 of sounds like a nice add on bonus! ;) I've been waiting for the Amazon GC deal, anyone know when that might be? My guess is the week of black Friday...

AAmlgm8r Nov 12, 2015 1:54 pm

Originally Posted by branima (Post 25704208)
My circular shows 4x gas points for these cards this week. The $10 of sounds like a nice add on bonus! ;) I've been waiting for the Amazon GC deal, anyone know when that might be? My guess is the week of black Friday...

Looks to me like it's a regional thing with some zip codes getting the $10 off while others get the 4x points. I'm not seeing both in any of the locations I've checked.