Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Netspend

Search this Thread

Old Jul 27, 2013, 12:03 am

Originally Posted by groundhog
I just visited one NumericallyNumbered gas station where I purchased a couple of beans recently and the manager told me that he received a call yesterday and somebody was asking about my purchases of VRs. They asked him if he knows what I am using them for and they said I purchased a lot of them recently. I was a little shocked, but he was Ok to sell me more VRs.
Any idea what that could be? He told me the call was from the company that sells "this stuff". But it's really weird for InComm to ask such questions since they have all the information. Could it be a call from Netspend? But how do they know where I purchased VRs?
Groundhog,
I had a similar experience at MurphyUSA (Walmart gas stations) except due to the timing of the phone call, the purchases were not verified and my VRs were deactivated. After about an hour and a half standing around in the Texas heat while the manager made phone calls, I had my cards reactivated. Perhaps this is something that is happening for gas stations?

I'm curious if this is really Incomm contacting the stores or if the stores have internal departments that are keeping an eye on transactions. The manager at murphyUSA kept referring to "help desk." That is who she called, who in turn called Incomm, to reactivate the cards.
Old Aug 22, 2013, 9:21 pm

Netspend - no money order option

I received a new Netspend card and when I activated my online account - I don't see "Money order" option under "Pay bills". I have only automated and express payments available, but no money order.
What happened? My other Netspend card has it.
Old Aug 23, 2013, 9:20 am
jk2

Does Netspend card offer a Bill Pay service?
Old Sep 16, 2013, 3:36 pm

Anyone figure out what the deal is with the bill pay?

I opened my account in January of this year. Like the last couple of posters, I just have Moneygram payments, an express bill pay which costs $, and a feature to "pull" money from my account. Anyone know why some accounts don't have the bill pay feature where Netspend mails out a money order? Is it at all safe (from an account closing perspective) to have one of my outside banks "pull" money?
Old Sep 16, 2013, 6:48 pm

Originally Posted by Silverthunder
Anyone figure out what the deal is with the bill pay?

I opened my account in January of this year. Like the last couple of posters, I just have Moneygram payments, an express bill pay which costs $, and a feature to "pull" money from my account. Anyone know why some accounts don't have the bill pay feature where Netspend mails out a money order? Is it at all safe (from an account closing perspective) to have one of my outside banks "pull" money?
My family member just opened Netspend account and doesn't have Money Order option either. Only one of my oldest accounts with Netspend has this feature. Does it mean they disabled it?
Old Oct 11, 2013, 1:42 pm

Netspend questions...,

I have some simple net spend questions and if someone can private message that would be great...I know I can dig through the posts to find the answers but if someone can help that would be great..

On Netspend how much can you load from vanilla reloads?

Amex never bothers me about buying reloads but what about Britsh airways chase visa....will they question your charges?
Old Oct 11, 2013, 3:23 pm

Originally Posted by weiss5682

I still don't know that answer. I was fortunate to run a decent amount through my Netspend account before I got shut down. Typically, and per the T&Cs, you can load up to $7,500 per day. However, during my first 30 days, I seemed to be locked into no more than $15K for the first month, and same treatment after my first hand slap. Now, a friend has a card, and loading seems to be cut off at much smaller daily levels.
Old Oct 11, 2013, 9:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
I have some simple net spend questions and if someone can private message that would be great...I know I can dig through the posts to find the answers but if someone can help that would be great..

Amex never bothers me about buying reloads but what about Britsh airways chase visa....will they question your charges?
A simple search of this forum showed two existing threads dealing with Netspend.
Old Oct 12, 2013, 6:39 am

Seems like there is no true answer... They must limit you like blue bird, blue bird is 5k per month.
Old Nov 11, 2013, 3:38 pm

Above, someone who was loading multiple cards every day got slapped back, not shut down, and told 3500 a month.

Not clear whether they would be more lenient if some were not beans but their own brand of ReLoadits...

paging BenH
Old Nov 21, 2013, 4:12 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by philemer
A simple search of this forum showed two existing threads dealing with Netspend.
I just did a Search and this was the only thread taht popped up.I dont mind reading 100 pg threads as long as I can find them, will you or someone else please be so kind as to make a post with the links to the Netspend threads tia

P/u up 1 today wont use it till Jan when I need to get a $25k spend done CVs had it where they gave you back $10 in award $s so I figured get it now when it amounts to a $5 gift then late Dec when it will cost $4.95 out of pocket
Old Nov 21, 2013, 6:37 pm

here is one
netspend conga
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/s-p-m...ding-40-a.html
Old Nov 21, 2013, 7:52 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by aeneas3
wish I knew about that link before I picked it up at CVS. Thanks for the info that MOing is a Go @ Wally.That was what I hoped to do. My plan is to use it till they shut me down and they will, but I need to get a $25k Spend on my Incoming Chase UA CC to get UAs min Spend waviered. So whatever I canget done with NS is OK its that much less I need to do on MVD or MOing with VVGCs which are $4.95 and little by little the 18s are taking over which cant be MOed

I would have thought there would have been a thread a mile long like MVD is but Search hasnt produced it
Old Nov 21, 2013, 10:07 pm
wcj

The answers you seek are in my favorite thread of all time...back when there was silence....except for MM babble, of course, lol.
Old Nov 25, 2013, 10:58 am

Originally Posted by AveApostle
Above, someone who was loading multiple cards every day got slapped back, not shut down, and told 3500 a month.
On mine and my girlfriend's accounts, we've been capped at $3500. Any idea if it's a calendar or rolling month?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.