Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 5, 2014, 12:17 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Bikeguy
Kate will only allow load totals up to $1999.99 every 10 minutes. It does not matter if it was you or the person before you. If you go over that limit, Kate will freeze. Sept 2015- Several people have reported the 10 minute limit is now longer than 10. Not sure how much longer yet. Several Kate's have locked up following the old 10 minute rule.

9 digit pin problem - Sometimes, for unknown reasons, after you swipe your card and enter your pin, MCE will ask you for a 9 digit pin. To date, no one knows why this happens, or has a fix for it. If it repeatedly asks you for a pin, this is the same as the 9 digit pin problem and there is no fix.
Unplugging and re-booting by a supervisor doesn't fix this problem.

For consistent MCE issues, use the WM feedback link to report:
https://corporate.walmart.com/contac...orate-feedback
Select 'store experience' and be sure to include the store number and address. If you include your name and phone number the stores sometimes call when it is working again. Do not abuse this as it may lead to your MCE being removed.

How to shut Kate up by sosamo
  1. Before you press anything, plug the headphones into the jack near the pinpad
  2. The touchscreen will "gray" out, and you won't be able to press anything.
  3. Press '3' on the pinpad
  4. Press 'Enter' on the pinpad
  5. Continue business as usual on the touch screen.

Note: If you ever make a mistake, to get out, just unplug the headphone.

----
Walmart Money Center Kiosk Location

Any of the walmarts on the list have a Kate
http://www.moneypass.com/atm-locator.aspx

Look for "Walmart Money Center Express" as one of the services
http://www.walmart.com/c/store/search/MoneyCenter
------------------------------
Print Wikipost

Walmart money kiosks(2013-2015)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 2, 2013, 6:46 am

Originally Posted by particlemn
every time i go in there is never a line for the kiosk but a large line for the money center, therfore i would say that the average user of the kiosk probably is loading 500 from a prepaid card at a time, since it is mostly FTers using the kiosk
Like you, I've never actually seen anyone else using one of the kiosks.

That does bring up kind of a funny point - WM probably installed these aimed at a demographic that doesn't feel comfortable in banks, but their actual usage only shows occasional use by account holders depositing multiple $500 gift cards.
Old Jul 2, 2013, 8:26 am

Programs: WN CP, WN A-List Preferred, AS MVPG 75k, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Diamond
I always see people using the kiosks at the stores I go to, and they aren't loading gift cards. Typically every time I'm in the middle on my load-a-thons someone comes up wanting to use the ATM. I'm nice and step away to walk the store for a few minutes, and use that a chance to let the machine reset.
Old Jul 2, 2013, 10:02 am

Programs: *$ Gold :)
Originally Posted by TheChallenge
I always see people using the kiosks at the stores I go to, and they aren't loading gift cards. Typically every time I'm in the middle on my load-a-thons someone comes up wanting to use the ATM.
I also noticed that people just use it as a regular atm
Old Jul 2, 2013, 10:50 pm

The WM kiosk I went today has all functions disabled except for atm, i.e. you can only choose atm from the screen, choosing anything else won't work.
Old Jul 3, 2013, 12:56 pm

Originally Posted by pier11
Even WM employees just call it "the ATM". Once when I asked one to "unblock" it, and he just told me "no cash can be given at this time". He was quite surprised that it has more function than giving cash.
Old Jul 3, 2013, 4:57 pm

Originally Posted by lovenola
Has anyone ever had an employee come up to them and tell them they are buying to many at one time? I was thinking about this last week as I stood at the kiosk for 15 minutes and bought 20+ M/O's, but the clerks seemed preoccupied with other things. If only you could shut off the audio portion of the machine to draw less attention.
The kiosks at my stores never announce the load amount. But if they did there's a headphone jack with a volume knob. You could try cutting off the headphone cord and just sticking the plug into the jack to see if it shuts up.

Originally Posted by smitty06
I recently went to a regular walmart and went through 4 different lines asking the cashier to load my card. It was very fast.
Walmart and fast does not compute. I've only been in one or two WMs where there wasn't a line. Normally there's 4 or 5 registers open and each one has 10 people with filled carts. It would take 20mins to get through one register let alone four.
Old Jul 3, 2013, 5:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

So has anyone figured out how long the time-out is for when these need intervention from a manager? Will they ever reset or does a manager really have to do it?
Old Jul 3, 2013, 10:55 pm

Originally Posted by josephstern
So has anyone figured out how long the time-out is for when these need intervention from a manager? Will they ever reset or does a manager really have to do it?
I saw a kiosk last week that said it needed manager intervention when I got to the store, and after 30mins of walking around it still had that message. I ended up just doing the reloads at the MoneyCenter counter.
Old Jul 17, 2013, 2:26 pm

try to load $100 gift cards into mine and my wife's BB.
the machine is working..no error message and etc
However, at the time to swipe the BB card, the machine doesnt take it.
I tried with both mine and my wife's card and both didnt take it.

did the WMT change the rule on kiosk?

I dont know how many card i can swipe at money center, so i end up only loading $100 into my wife's BB card, and it works (so, it isnt the magnetic strip problem)...
waste 40 mins of work time for loading $100

hoping the problem is at the card reader machine.
Old Jul 17, 2013, 2:29 pm

Originally Posted by lovenola
Or maybe that Ft's are buying so may M/O's that they are constantly running out of the paper to print them with.
This happened to me while doing a 5 figure MO run. Going back today to see if those deadbeats restocked the paper.
Old Jul 17, 2013, 2:33 pm

Originally Posted by pier11
This is the main function of the kiosk for most people.

Has anyone noticed how the ATM receipts print and get cut extremely short? So short that they don't come out. When I get an MO receipt for the first time it always pushes out some poor saps ATM receipt. I've never seen a remaining balance over $100. They also get charged fees. It's expensive to be poor.
Old Jul 17, 2013, 2:54 pm

Programs: Hilton-Gold
I try to use Kiosk over Money center and I tested the limits many times :-)

It will load 2 GC's and for 3rd - asks for authorization. I also tried loading 2 GC's to my BB and then 1 to my spouse BB but for 2nd GC - got same message. I always used 500$ GCs(don't know if it makes any difference)

So I usually load 3(2 on mine, 1 spouse BB) and load the rest at Money Center.
Old Jul 17, 2013, 3:13 pm

Originally Posted by concordian
I try to use Kiosk over Money center and I tested the limits many times :-)

It will load 2 GC's and for 3rd - asks for authorization. I also tried loading 2 GC's to my BB and then 1 to my spouse BB but for 2nd GC - got same message. I always used 500$ GCs(don't know if it makes any difference)

So I usually load 3(2 on mine, 1 spouse BB) and load the rest at Money Center.
I have seen the same limits. However, with $100 and $200 cards I have never required authorization. I might have done $2000 or so at a time. A lot of swipes and took forever.
Old Jul 17, 2013, 4:06 pm

Originally Posted by jewsus
It's expensive to be poor ignorant.
No strike through here?
Old Jul 17, 2013, 5:33 pm

Programs: AA, BA, CX, DL, EK, F9, GA, HA, IB, JL, KE, LH, MH, NH, OS, PG, QR, RJ, SA, TG, UA, VN, WN, ZH
Originally Posted by Superorb
No strike through here?
Code:
[strike][/strike ]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.