Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 5, 2014, 12:17 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Bikeguy
Kate will only allow load totals up to $1999.99 every 10 minutes. It does not matter if it was you or the person before you. If you go over that limit, Kate will freeze. Sept 2015- Several people have reported the 10 minute limit is now longer than 10. Not sure how much longer yet. Several Kate's have locked up following the old 10 minute rule.

9 digit pin problem - Sometimes, for unknown reasons, after you swipe your card and enter your pin, MCE will ask you for a 9 digit pin. To date, no one knows why this happens, or has a fix for it. If it repeatedly asks you for a pin, this is the same as the 9 digit pin problem and there is no fix.
Unplugging and re-booting by a supervisor doesn't fix this problem.

For consistent MCE issues, use the WM feedback link to report:
https://corporate.walmart.com/contac...orate-feedback
Select 'store experience' and be sure to include the store number and address. If you include your name and phone number the stores sometimes call when it is working again. Do not abuse this as it may lead to your MCE being removed.

How to shut Kate up by sosamo
  1. Before you press anything, plug the headphones into the jack near the pinpad
  2. The touchscreen will "gray" out, and you won't be able to press anything.
  3. Press '3' on the pinpad
  4. Press 'Enter' on the pinpad
  5. Continue business as usual on the touch screen.

Note: If you ever make a mistake, to get out, just unplug the headphone.

----
Walmart Money Center Kiosk Location

Any of the walmarts on the list have a Kate
http://www.moneypass.com/atm-locator.aspx

Look for "Walmart Money Center Express" as one of the services
http://www.walmart.com/c/store/search/MoneyCenter
------------------------------
Print Wikipost

Walmart money kiosks(2013-2015)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 2, 2014, 11:52 am

Programs: UR
New to MS. My first two attempt on KATE got connection error. I can't even check Serve balance. Went up to Money Center and unloaded 17 $200 VGCs. In and out within 7-8 minutes. The hunt for a working KATE is on........
Old Dec 2, 2014, 12:44 pm

Programs: AA GLD (1MM), Hyatt PLT, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by Wandersmann
Thanfully I'll be in TX and NC this week where Kates are abundant.
Good luck finding one that's working.
Old Dec 2, 2014, 1:30 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, SW Companion Pass, Hilton Gold
I have loaded 3 x $500 Sunrise VGC at walmart kiosks in Dallas. Loaded at two different Walmarts. The second Walmart wouldn't let me buy Sunrise VGC with my CC because they would get in trouble. The first Walmart I went to let me buy the Sunrise VGC with my Chase Sapphire Preferred card.
Old Dec 2, 2014, 1:34 pm

I have also been denied purchase of variable VGC at Family Dollar, Office Depot, and Staples. FWIW. I have yet to try the Simon mall in Irving, TX which is the closest one to me so i have no data points yet but will soon. I was hoping to find success stories with Simon Metabank VGC loading onto functional Walmart kiosks.
Old Dec 4, 2014, 9:05 am

Data point: purchased 4x$500 Simon Mall Metabank Visa GC with my Chase Sapphire Preferred in Irving, TX. They require paperwork for anything over $500. That's fine, filled it out no problem. Drove later to a Walmart with kate that I knew was functional and unloaded $1,999.99 to my Serve card no problem at all. Just have to be patient with the machine.
Old Dec 4, 2014, 1:07 pm

I did some VGC on Serve for last few months. I just find out I can not load into serve no matter how many times I have tried. I can load $49 with no problem. When over $49, it will have 9 digit code.
The kate metrological checksum is 2785 and application is Oct 10 2014. I assume that is the same version application as last month.
But now the debit not availbel code is 93 and 57. I remember used to be 53.
I wonder if anyone has similar experience. I do see a Russian guy loaded few card quickly. I asked how and he does say needs some tricks and did not tell me what kind of tricks. Anyone want to share any experience on this? Also I VGC card expiration date is 9/20 not the 2022 one I used before.
Old Dec 4, 2014, 1:12 pm

Programs: AA 1MM Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by g1ant
Good luck finding one that's working.
One that disappeared around here a little over a month ago is back. New machine however there are NO Bluebird or MO buttons on the screen...

Is WM getting rid of bluebird and MO loads on these machines??
Old Dec 4, 2014, 1:36 pm

Originally Posted by glocklt4
One that disappeared around here a little over a month ago is back. New machine however there are NO Bluebird or MO buttons on the screen...

Is WM getting rid of bluebird and MO loads on these machines??
MOs were always hit or miss at WM, even in my area where the kiosks are always up and no one is ever using them, the MO doesnt work lol. That said, you shouldnt need the bluebird button to load bb. You could load BB with another button on there before the BB button existed.
Old Dec 4, 2014, 2:16 pm

Programs: AA 1MM Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by hamokmonky
MOs were always hit or miss at WM, even in my area where the kiosks are always up and no one is ever using them, the MO doesnt work lol. That said, you shouldnt need the bluebird button to load bb. You could load BB with another button on there before the BB button existed.
Interesting - never had that issue. How do you do it if no BB button on screen? I remember reading a long time ago about it perhaps, but searching now gets things about the payment change button.

Thanks!
Old Dec 4, 2014, 4:08 pm

Before there was a BB button, you would use a button that says something like "add money" or "load money" or "money card" or something like that. That same button is still on your machine, located directly above the BB button --- and you could use either button to the same effect. So, if the BB button disappears, you can still use the old button (I hope).
Old Dec 4, 2014, 4:14 pm

Walmart Money Card button.
Old Dec 4, 2014, 4:51 pm

Is the 1999.99 per 10 min rolling or do we have to wait 10 mins after the last load?
Old Dec 4, 2014, 5:15 pm

Originally Posted by bigauto
Is the 1999.99 per 10 min rolling or do we have to wait 10 mins after the last load?
The limit resets itself every 10 minutes starting from the last load.

For example:
first customer loaded $1800, and then you come right in trying to load $500. This would cause Kate to lock up. But if you waited 10 minutes, you would have the whole $1999.99 to yourself.
Old Dec 4, 2014, 6:57 pm

Have been to five Walmarts in the SoCal area today and at all of them Kate was dead "Lane Closed" screen says
Old Dec 4, 2014, 7:18 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, Marriott Silver, Starwood Platinum
Originally Posted by mrstraveler
Have been to five Walmarts in the SoCal area today and at all of them Kate was dead "Lane Closed" screen says
Happened yesterday to me but finally found 1 on my fourth store. Curious to what/who triggers that message on the screen.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.