Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Amex Wal-Mart Bluebird cardholders BEWARE (Purchase Protection)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 6, 2013, 4:22 pm
Original Poster

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/membe...ms-cables.htmlI recently made a purchase using my Wal Mart Blue Brid Amex card.
I ordered merchandise from DealExtream.com for $45.88. To be exact 3 USB to Lighting 3 meter cables, 2 USB to Lightning 10 Meter flat cable. and 30 pin to Lighting adapter..
The cables arrived DOA, I mean DOA! The two 10 Meter lighting Cables connecter literally pulled apart when you removed the cable from the iPhone, the same happened with the 3 meter cable. I contacted Dealextream about the products and also to complain that I never received the adapter. They requested pictures and I supplied them, this went on back and forth until I finally had enough. I told Dealextreme if they wanted the garbage back they would need to supply me with a prepaid return tho China, not a word to date.

I contacted Amex Blue Bird to file a dispute, you think you have yor BACK COVERED! RIGHT, WELL YOU DON'T HAVE ANY RIGHTS!!!! AMEX TELLS ME IT WILL TAKE 10 BUSINESS DAYS! AMEX EMAILED ME 8 DAYS LATER ASKING FOR INFORMATION, I SENT THEM THE COMPLETE RECORDS OF EXCHANGES WITH DEALEXTREAME.COM INCLUDING PICTURES OF THE FAULTY PRODUCTS. IT'S BEEN 8 DAYS AND NO WORD FROM AMEX! SO TODAY I CALLED, NO I''M TOLD IT TAKES 10 WEEKS FOR THE DISPUTE!!! I NOW HAVE BEEN OUT OF $45.88, DEALEXTREAM HAS SINCE REVISED THE INVOICE AMOUNT TO 58.98..

SO BEWARE WHEN YOU FALL INTO THIS TRAP, AMEX TREATS YOU LIKE THE LOWEST SCUM OF THE EARTH BECAUSE THIS IS A PRE PAID CARD. THEREFORE YOU HAVE NO RIGHTS. EVEN VISA MASTER CARD ISSUES A REFUND IN 24 TO 48 HOURS OF THE DISPUTE. BOTH PRE-PAID AND DEBIT.

Last edited by mia; Jun 7, 2013 at 12:19 pm Reason: Remove broken image link
Old Jun 6, 2013, 4:25 pm

I think you've got it right.
BlueBird is not for regular spending. It was specifically designed for Manufactured Spending.
Old Jun 6, 2013, 4:28 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by LoveMountains
BlueBird is not for regular spending. It was specifically designed for Manufactured Spending.
Beat me to it! Was gonna say OP you may be the only person on FT or any site that used their BB for an actual charge, doubt anyone else will,they want to earn miles or pts with every transaction
Old Jun 6, 2013, 4:30 pm

I am not surprised, I always buy my cheap ... ripoff cables from ebay and pay with CC through paypal. had a couple go dead within the return period, contacted the sellers and they immediately issue a refund, no questions asked.
Old Jun 6, 2013, 4:31 pm

Originally Posted by LoveMountains
+1
You think they would give the target market of these cards the same card benefits as regular card members? You're lucky they gave you a 10 week turn around time. I was under the assumption that you had pretty much no protections when using these types of cards.
Old Jun 6, 2013, 5:49 pm
Original Poster

Response to over welmianing

Under the blue bird card american express terms, hidden! Implied?
1. You are treated as criminal until proved guilty!
2. You are treated as the wrongful party!

Everyone share this, i'm not on facebook however feel free to link my info. You want prof i'll show and share pictures of the products. Pm me post on 2coolfish, il find you

look at wal-marts blue bird credit card features, disputed trans action!!! Nothing but lies!
Sincerely
2 be 1 ask 1
Old Jun 6, 2013, 5:58 pm

I'm more surprised you expected knock-off lightning cables to be anything other than barely functional glorified rope.
Old Jun 6, 2013, 6:03 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by DKetch76
Under the blue bird card american express terms, hidden! Implied?
1. You are treated as criminal until proved guilty!
2. You are treated as the wrongful party!

Everyone share this, i'm not on facebook however feel free to link my info. You want prof i'll show and share pictures of the products. Pm me post on 2coolfish, il find you

look at wal-marts blue bird credit card features, disputed trans action!!! Nothing but lies!
Sincerely
2 be 1 ask 1
Its like saying hey I rented a car with my Chase MC Debit Card, I got into an accident and low and behold I found out afterwards the debit card doesnt have CDW, thats the 1st time I ever used a MC where I wasnt covered

Pt is a DC is NOT a CC, I would never expect the issuer of my DC to act as if I had a CC, no matter who issued the DC

You seem to think since it says Amex on it , then all the protections Amex gives to its CCs and Charge cards should also be given to those with the BB. When you got your BB did it come with a leaflet explaining all of the beenies you get with it?Mine didnt = I didnt expect anything from a BB then say from my Banks DC. If you sent ca$h would you expect the US Govt to go to bat for you.

You should be thrilled that BB(Amex) is even trying to help you I doubt anty Bank would have done so. Seems you have learnt the hard way why not to send a check or use a DC to buy things Especially from eBay or Amazon.

Good luck in getting any of your money back
Old Jun 6, 2013, 6:14 pm

This is really funny. Seriously, who gets pissed off over $40 in a manufactured spending forum?
Old Jun 6, 2013, 6:22 pm

Programs: Bunch of mid-tiers
Trying to keep this positive...

OP - technically speaking Bluebird does have a "Purchase Protection" program. It is listed in the FAQ's and Terms and Conditions. It appears way more limited than a typical credit card, only mentioning "coverage for theft or accidental damage of eligible purchases..." in the FAQ's. I assume you read through this.

And, while CC's typically issue a credit to your account quickly, this is not final until the dispute is fully resolved, which is 30+ days.

Last edited by ctbarron; Jun 6, 2013 at 6:23 pm Reason: word missing
Old Jun 6, 2013, 6:24 pm

Originally Posted by theacolyte
I'm more surprised you expected knock-off lightning cables to be anything other than barely functional glorified rope.
+1000

I had a similar experience with HDMI cables (3 pack for $5 from Deals[something].com)

Learned my lesson with those. Picture kept cutting in and out and I would get lines on the screen.
Old Jun 6, 2013, 6:37 pm
Original Poster

Hers a list of Debit Card Issuers That PLay Fair

Bank Debit Cards!
Wells Fargo. Dispute Charge, they say 48 hours, but next funds are back in your account.
Woodforest The same applies?
Credit Unions ( I have 2) They all issue next business day, so I cant mention here.
Chase Bank, Issue full credit next day.

Now When I had a real Amex Card I had my funds post at midnight that business day of the claim.

So whats the deal, AMEX most likely retrieved funds (they already know what the Vendor history of complaints already on file so they act as soon as you hang up). Then they Hold the funds (Remember, You're Guilty) they draw as much interest until finally they surrender funds. Now this isn't a large sum. You see it's just your money, but fact is 2 million people who filed a claim that same day, now look at the interest AMEX makes because your credit sucks! Its no different than your car insurance.... ALL STATES ALLOW AUTO, HOME INSURANCE PROVIDERS TO BILL YOU 3 TIMES MORE, I MEAN MORE THAN SOMEONE THAT HAS A 800 SCORE? WHY YOUR SCORE IS BELLOW 550 YOU'RE TWICE AS LIKELY TO FILE A CLAIM!! YOUR A RISK!!! WHEN IN FACT THE HIGHER SCORE WILL FILE MORE CLAIMS, JUST AS THOSE CARD HOLDERS OF AMEX, DINERS MASTER CARD FILE MORE DISPUTES? THEY DONT GO TO THE VENDOR TO RESOLVE, THEY SKIP AND FILE A CLAIM.
Old Jun 6, 2013, 6:39 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by newbynewbynew
This is really funny. Seriously, who gets pissed off over $40 in a manufactured spending forum?
So if the CC you use for your MS has an extra charge for $40 on it besides the $10k you used for MS, are you saying you wouldnt pick up the phone and Dispute it since $40 is nothing in comparriosn to what you have been running thru that CC the past few months? I bet youd be , and dispute it

The prob for the OP is a DC isnt a CC when things hit the fan.2ndly as I said I doubt anyone would ever use a DC that doesnt earn anything over a CC that does. Or maybe the Seller only accepts DCs or a Bank Wire ( seems they dont accept their own wires, couldnt resist)
Old Jun 6, 2013, 6:40 pm

Lol. This is funny...
Old Jun 6, 2013, 6:47 pm

Programs: WN CP, WN A-List Preferred, AS MVPG 75k, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Diamond
I assumed purchasing what is likely knock off, poorly made, Chinese manufactured electronic equipment with a prepaid Amex would be generally considered to be an extremely horrible idea going against conventional common sense.

But then again, I also thought the same thing when I saw a lady purchasing three VRs this morning at CVS for $150 each with cash. So who knows.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.