Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 12, 2014, 9:38 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ChrisFlyer66
This is the thread for posts through 2016. The new thread for 2017 is http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending/1826119-billpay-walmart-2017-a.html

Bill Pay cannot be done at a regular register.
It must be done at Customer Service/Returns.
Or at the Money Center in stores that have it.

BUSINESS DAY transaction completion time is 18:59:59 EST
Friday after 06:59PM EST, until Monday BEFORE 07:00PM EST arrives Tuesday
Tuesday BEFORE 7:00PM arrives Wednesday
Wednesday BEFORE 07:00PM arrives Thursday
Thursday BEFORE 07:00PM arrives Friday
Friday BEFORE 07:00PM arrives Monday
But when a next-day payment will post and be visible depends upon the CC issuer.

--------------------------------------------------------------
WM offers two BP services: CheckFreePAY and MoneyGram. The cashier can initiate CheckFreePAY by selecting Money Services followed by Bill Pay on the register for a fee of $1-1.88. Moneygram is $4.99.

Once your CFP account is set up, you can add cc. When you want to BP give them your phone# to look up your account under Money Services. They often get confused and think you want MG, but just say it is under Money Services.

ONLY 4 successful debit card swipes can pay for a transaction.

ONLY 5 payments per 16 digit account number per rolling 30 days.
--------------------------------------------
:-:VISA and MC
If your particular card isn't on the list below, try "VISA" or "MASTERCARD."

"VISA" and "MASTERCARD" payee can no longer be found by search at some stores. If the employee can no longer find "VISA" or "MASTERCARD" by searching in CheckFreePAY, then you cannot pay either, end of story.

Following do not work:
Any and all Vanilla VISA, Vanilla MC, and OneVanilla VISA.
Glimcher VISA
MASTERCARD
$1.88 next day.
Works:
Bank of America Cash Rewards Business MC
Barclay (Arrival, US Airways) MC - Posts at 11PM EST, credit available 1AM EST
Chase Business Ink Bold MC
Citi AAdvantage (Platinum Select, Executive, Business) MC - Posts at 3AM EST (+1 day)
Citi ThankYou Preferred MC
CitiBusiness Platinum Select MC
Does not work:
Barclay Business US Airways MC - NOT PAYABLE - tried 2x
VISA
$1.88 next day.
Works:
Barclay Priceline VS
Chase (Amazon, Freedom, Sapphire Preferred, United, Slate) VS - Posts at 10PM EST
Chase Business Ink Bold VS
Citi (AAdvantage, Dividend, ThankYou Preferred) VS
FIA Fidelity VS
PNC CashBuilder VS
US Bank (Cash+, Club Carlson, Flexperks) VS
Wells Fargo Cashback VS
Does not work:
TD Bank VS - [Source]
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
:-:Issuing Bank

Discover - Use for all Discover network cards
$1.50 next day, $1.00 three days.

American Express AMEX cards(SPG, BC, BCE, BCP, etc) cannot be paid through CheckFreePAY. Some AMEX cards issued by other banks can be paid.

AMEX cards(SPG, BC, BCE, BCP, etc) can be paid using MoneyGram for $4.99

Barclay Listed under barclay - need biller zip - $1.50 next day, $1.00 three days

Bank of America Consumer Loans - Use for BoA-issued and FIA-issued cards; will not work for BofA Small Business cards.
$1.50 next day, $1.00 three days. (Will require a ZIP but apparently yours will work as well as theirs, which is 19886)[INDENT]Works:
FIA Fidelity VS & MC
BoA Alaska Airlines Visa
Does not work:
FIA Fidelity AX - No longer working for FIA Amex
BofA Asiana Business card
Capital One
$1.50 next day.
Personal and business CCs
Citibank American Express - Use for Citi-issued AMEX cards
Citi AAdvantage AMEX
PNC Bank - Use for PNC-issued Visa network cards
PNC CashBuilder VS
Warning: Some users have reported being shutdown for using bill pay services.

For money order questions, check the following threads and their wiki posts:
Print Wikipost

Billpay at Walmart(2013-2016)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 4, 2014, 10:35 am

Originally Posted by whitey4545
Ive never had to say anything more than hi I'd like to load my BB cards. I use only the MC and in my area they all know me and they all know that one can only load BB with a debit card so nothing is ever verbalized. I just hold the stack of GC's in one hand and the BB's in the other. I give them the bluebird card to swipe so they have something to look at and keep them occupied and after it asks me to confirm the load amount I pull out my GC and swipe away. Never had an issue and never had any nosy associates ask questions.

Just for the record as I have not been to WM since the outage yesterday, Loading BB with a Debit card still works at WM?
Exact same for me. I try to make small talk about the weather, the store being busy, etc....Last time I was in I said 2 loads of $500 and she said " I should know that by now". No one has asked to see my cards. I will start to be more careful with them.
Old Apr 4, 2014, 10:36 am

Originally Posted by whitey4545
Ive never had to say anything more than hi I'd like to load my BB cards. I use only the MC and in my area they all know me and they all know that one can only load BB with a debit card so nothing is ever verbalized. I just hold the stack of GC's in one hand and the BB's in the other. I give them the bluebird card to swipe so they have something to look at and keep them occupied and after it asks me to confirm the load amount I pull out my GC and swipe away. Never had an issue and never had any nosy associates ask questions.

Just for the record as I have not been to WM since the outage yesterday, Loading BB with a Debit card still works at WM?
I too would like to hear a confirmation on this. I won't be making a run until tomorrow and would like a heads up if something has changed.
Old Apr 4, 2014, 10:45 am

Programs: Marriot Rewards, Southwest Rapid rewards, Emerald Club, Avis Preferred
I've had a WM ask to see my BB. I guess folks have BB in many names and they don't like that. I've not been asked for my debit card, and I hope it stays that way.
Old Apr 4, 2014, 11:07 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by uncommonsensical
if at a regular register (which is where you should be going to load BB if the kiosk is (as usual) down
That's new to me. So regular cash register works better than Money Center?
Old Apr 4, 2014, 11:13 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Would it be a bad idea to get $2K MO and pay $2K billpay in one trip?
Old Apr 4, 2014, 11:54 am

Programs: Delta Gold. Hilton Diamond. Hyatt Explorist.
Originally Posted by bar19900
I too would like to hear a confirmation on this. I won't be making a run until tomorrow and would like a heads up if something has changed.
I just loaded $1000 from five $200 gift cards at a Walmart kiosk this morning. It worked fine.
Old Apr 4, 2014, 11:57 am

Originally Posted by italdesign
That's new to me. So regular cash register works better than Money Center?
Works the same, but the employees working the registers are less likely to have in depth knowledge of what can and can't be used for loading and will less likely give any hassle.
Old Apr 4, 2014, 12:10 pm

Programs: Delta Gold. Hilton Diamond. Hyatt Explorist.
Originally Posted by bar19900
Works the same, but the employees working the registers are less likely to have in depth knowledge of what can and can't be used for loading and will less likely give any hassle.
Yeah that is consistent with my experience. The moneycenter employees almost always refuse to load from a debit card that doesn't have my name on it, but the regular cashiers rarely ask or even notice.
Old Apr 4, 2014, 12:17 pm

Programs: AA, SPG, UA, CSP
While i have enough credit card balance to be paid, but can i BP two days in a row for the same card?
Old Apr 4, 2014, 12:30 pm

I usually 2 to 4 BPs for $2495 at WM in 1 trip. They don't mind at all. Sometimes I even pick 1 or 4 MOs in the same trip. Of course, this is dependent on customer lines. I will not hold up a line to do multiple BPs and MOs. I do 2 and then get back in line.

Of course, this is all dependent on you WM.
Old Apr 4, 2014, 1:16 pm

Programs: DL PM, HH Gold, the rest come and go
Originally Posted by CrediPig
Searching the thread, I could not find the exact payee for the Fidelity AMEX card. There are a few "Bank of America" choices with WM BP. I made a BP last week to the card. "Bank of America Consumer Loans" worked. $1 per 3-day payment.
You are a hero. Give this FTer a prize!
Old Apr 4, 2014, 1:19 pm

Originally Posted by CrediPig
I usually 2 to 4 BPs for $2495 at WM in 1 trip. They don't mind at all. Sometimes I even pick 1 or 4 MOs in the same trip. Of course, this is dependent on customer lines. I will not hold up a line to do multiple BPs and MOs. I do 2 and then get back in line.

Of course, this is all dependent on you WM.
$2495 each or total?
Old Apr 4, 2014, 1:37 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Turned Down for WM Bill Pay

Got denied for WMBP yesterday. As soon as the Money Store woman saw my OV cards, she immediately said "you can't do BP with those". It being the first I'd heard of that, and having had recent success with other local WMs, I asked for a manager. She said it was a one store policy, started "sometime this year", because "there was some sort of problem with those cards". Sigh....

I'm off now to several WMs to BP all of the OVs my wife and I have gotten the last few days, since my second AA Elite MC is due this afternoon. As much as I want to get it charged up before the statement closes, I really, really don't want to end up holding $20K in OVs that I can't do BP with.
Old Apr 4, 2014, 1:41 pm

Depends on your CSR. I've done this a few times.
Old Apr 4, 2014, 1:54 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond
YMMV depending on the cashier.. But please try to avoid getting attention and keep this game alive..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.