Wiki Posts
Search

No more 5X points on OfficeDepot gc?

Search this Thread

Old May 3, 2013, 7:35 pm

Programs: co,skymiles hilton a.a usair
Originally Posted by LAX88
Next month, banned from Chase for life!

You should really think twice about doing that for an extended period of time. I am a firm believer in pushing Chase further than other banks, but this is too far. First, you're going to run out of 5x anyway; and, second, is it really worth pushing it that much and losing out forever? Chase is, after all, by far the best for points accrual.
i know u point n i understand im abt 30k out on the 5x but also im spending abt 7-8 on regular spending a month n hope to b able to get 50k 5x
Old May 16, 2013, 8:40 am

Programs: All of the Above
I don't think there's a way for the registers to code GC purchases at 1x, but not 5x. It's either all or none.
Old May 16, 2013, 8:44 am

Indeed. What matters is how the transaction is coded by Chase. Unless they're going to have a separate classification for GC purchases at the register, I call BS on this. In addition, what if the purchase is mixed legit items and a GC? How would that be coded?
Old May 16, 2013, 11:43 am

Programs: many
Originally Posted by tc_jedi
Indeed. What matters is how the transaction is coded by Chase. Unless they're going to have a separate classification for GC purchases at the register, I call BS on this. In addition, what if the purchase is mixed legit items and a GC? How would that be coded?
They wouldn't go through all the trouble, its easier to pick out a transaction amount to face the firing squad that to try and police individual product within a vendor classification.
Old May 17, 2013, 12:27 pm

Programs: Over-entitled UA 1.3MM Gold, AA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott L-T Plat, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by DavidAL
I don't think there's a way for the registers to code GC purchases at 1x, but not 5x. It's either all or none.
Correct.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.